This is what is wrong with consumers in this country

Originally Posted by cristobal

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I have to sell iphone 4 black ,today so i can pay my bge bill , it isready to go right now.
Give me a call
xxx-xxx - xxxx
xxxxx
I found this today while looking around Craigslist for my stolen iPhone. Why do people buy "luxury" items and tech and then have little to no savings? What happened to the values of yesterday, about essentials first and then splurge? I don't get it.
Your logic is a little flawed. He could have purchased that phone awhile back when he had a steady job, maybe a minute amount of savings. Once you lose a job or your situation changes drastically, you have to find a way to make ends meet any was possible. You don't know his situation previous to this. . .

Get real. This is classic mentality from the kind of people that do this kind of thing. You're giving the benefit of the doubt when millions of Americans over consumed and are now in a mountain of debt, because they buy things like iPhones and flat screens when they don't have the cash for it. Big problem these days. I don't "know his situation" but you do? Good one.
laugh.gif

I agree with the American public over consuming and not saving enough. However, wouldn't you agree with me when I say things are just getting too expensive and wages aren't complimenting these increases. It's becoming very hard to afford even the necessaries, how can one even think about saving and retirement at this point. #Occupy

I have to sell iphone 4 black ,today so i can pay my bge bill , it isready to go right now.
Give me a call
xxx-xxx - xxxx
xxxxx
I found this today while looking around Craigslist for my stolen iPhone. Why do people buy "luxury" items and tech and then have little to no savings? What happened to the values of yesterday, about essentials first and then splurge? I don't get it.

Originally Posted by shogun

Are you the one always complaining about Americans?
People like buying stuff.  He might've hit some bad luck and needed money quick.  No big deal.  I wouldn't consider a phone a luxury item.
No big deal.
laugh.gif

How old are you, 14? A phone isn't a luxury item, but an Apple smartphone IS a luxury item. Grow up.
I'm 26, fool.  It's a damn phone.  I don't think it's a big deal because it doesn't even cost that much.  When I think of luxury items I think of way more expensive things like all that crap they buy in the designer clothing thread.  You were never in a pinch and needed money fast?  That happens to a lot of people.  Emergencies come up in life.  Not saying it happened to that person but it could have.  It's hard to judge when you don't know the whole story.  

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Give me a call
xxx-xxx - xxxx
xxxxx

Are you the one always complaining about Americans?
People like buying stuff.  He might've hit some bad luck and needed money quick.  No big deal.  I wouldn't consider a phone a luxury item.
No big deal.
laugh.gif

How old are you, 14? A phone isn't a luxury item, but an Apple smartphone IS a luxury item. Grow up.
I'm 26, fool.  It's a damn phone.  I don't think it's a big deal because it doesn't even cost that much.  When I think of luxury items I think of way more expensive things like all that crap they buy in the designer clothing thread.  You were never in a pinch and needed money fast?  That happens to a lot of people.  Emergencies come up in life.  Not saying it happened to that person but it could have.  It's hard to judge when you don't know the whole story.  
I understand that, owning your own place or renting is tougher than our parents had it. But part of the reason is that people are buying a "$200 phone" and then you forget how much it is per month (at least $70-100 a month) to 'feed' that iPhone. You're missing the point.

No big deal.
laugh.gif

I understand that, owning your own place or renting is tougher than our parents had it. But part of the reason is that people are buying a "$200 phone" and then you forget how much it is per month (at least $70-100 a month) to 'feed' that iPhone. You're missing the point.
No, I know exactly what you are saying.  I just wanted to argue about the phone being a luxury item because I hate how our society is obsessed with their phones but that's a different issue.  I help out my family a lot financially while also paying for school so I know about managing money.  You have to decide whether big money purchases are worth it and in your budget.  Maybe that person thought he had enough for an iphone and to pay off his bills.  Hopefully he'll learn and figure out his priorities.

No big deal.
laugh.gif

So why are you enraged? 
You want to be the only exclusive person with the iphone?

What is your point?

I agree to someone saying  people only live in the now which saddens me but what can you do when you constantly have rappers,billboards,mainstream-media and huge corporation promoting debt. In today's society they want you to keep spending by any mean because "it'll help the recession" which is a complete prevarication if you ask me but after being brainwashed through different outlets for years this is what it has come down to-WE ARE THE 99%

While I do agree with you...

You do realize that things like extended hospital stays, major surgery, etc can cost $100K+, right?

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by solegit08til

Nahh you got it twisted. If you don't use credit cards that means you have no self control and you are losing. How hard is it to use 35% of your credit limit once a month? I can't wait to have an 800+ credit score. I'm only 19 with a secured card right now but I'm on my way.
Not sure if serious.

"The borrower is slave to the lender, and the rich rule over the poor".  That truth is more evident in the western world today more than ever.  Every financial crisis in the last century has been caused from overspending and going into debt.
Not sure if serious.

Middle class people have good credit scores. The borrower becomes a slave when he/she can't behave themselves with borrowed money.
 If you ever want to borrow the big bucks (homes, business loans) without paying an arm and a leg in interest, you gotta prove your worthiness with a couple grand. If you can't do that then you shouldn't have money in  the first place.

NFN<<<No Bad Debt Ever
pimp.gif

Nahh you got it twisted. If you don't use credit cards that means you have no self control and you are losing. How hard is it to use 35% of your credit limit once a month? I can't wait to have an 800+ credit score. I'm only 19 with a secured card right now but I'm on my way.
Not sure if serious.

"The borrower is slave to the lender, and the rich rule over the poor".  That truth is more evident in the western world today more than ever.  Every financial crisis in the last century has been caused from overspending and going into debt.
Not sure if serious.

Middle class people have good credit scores. The borrower becomes a slave when he/she can't behave themselves with borrowed money.
 If you ever want to borrow the big bucks (homes, business loans) without paying an arm and a leg in interest, you gotta prove your worthiness with a couple grand. If you can't do that then you shouldn't have money in  the first place.

NFN<<<No Bad Debt Ever
pimp.gif
My mortgage and school were the only things I have ever borrowed money for.  After seeing the hardships that people go through with their loans, I made it a priority to pay off my student loans ASAP "in case something happened".  Sure enough, something did happen and I was prepared because I planned for it.  Most people fail to plan and maintain a certain level of debt (not including their mortgage).  After I lost my job several years ago, I started to build up an emergency fund so I would never have to go in debt again.  Once my mortgage is paid off in 15 years, I will never have outstanding debt again (monthly credit cards included) and will not have to worry about my economic circumstances in relation to my debt load again.  Until then, I am a slave to the mortgage holder and have to abide by their terms in their house.

Originally Posted by cristobal

Your logic is a little flawed. He could have purchased that phone awhile back when he had a steady job, maybe a minute amount of savings. Once you lose a job or your situation changes drastically, you have to find a way to make ends meet any was possible. You don't know his situation previous to this. . .
Get real. This is classic mentality from the kind of people that do this kind of thing. You're giving the benefit of the doubt when millions of Americans over consumed and are now in a mountain of debt, because they buy things like iPhones and flat screens when they don't have the cash for it. Big problem these days. I don't "know his situation" but you do? Good one.
laugh.gif
Exactly, that's the point I'm making. Neither one of us know his situation so to pass judgement would be obtuse and short-sided. You basically proved my point; get real.

Not sure if serious.

Not sure if serious.

NFN<<<No Bad Debt Ever
pimp.gif
The idea of debt is like giving a child a loaded gun to sleep with.  On the avg, humans are hardwired to not think about long-term consequences imo.  

people in the hood BEEN putting wants before needs. like in school all the hood kids who def come from low income families rock the latest jordans just for the status/image as capuT said. or when you see expensive rims on a refurbished police interceptor...or when people spend more money on shoes than finding a bigger place to live
nerd.gif

you see where im going with this.

no racial. just truth. black btw.

Your phone was stolen and instead of buying a new phone(since you can't afford to replace your IPhone) you search CL in hope of setting up some sort of sting operation?
Spoiler [+]
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom