17.9 ppg, 9.3 rpg
35 votes

ncb_g_singler_65.jpg
• Kyle Singler
Duke
6-8, junior
16.5 ppg, 7.7 rpg
30 votes

What the hell has happened to college bball ?

I guess I don't get it...?

I see a sure-fire Lottery pick and at least 2 mid-first rounders on that list... Five GREAT college basketball players...

I don't get it.

4 potential 1st rounders.

At worst 3 in the 1st and the other 2 definitely going in the 2nd.

sorry, I posted before I finished my post.

wanted to add:

this is the best college bball has to offer while the nba gives us the Carmelo's Kobe's Lebron's and Howards.

The fact that these kids will be first rounders really does nothing to counter OP's argument. OBVIOUSLY they will be first rounders, because they are thebest college players. His point was that "the cream of the crop" in college is much worse now than it was a few years ago.

Oh, so you're saying that the NBA has better players than in College.

*exits thread*

i sense some underhanded racism here... 3 white guys in the top 5 of college basketball, heavens no!

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

i sense some underhanded racism here... 3 white guys in the top 5 of college basketball, heavens no!

Yeah, same here. At the same time, if you think Harangody or Singler are gonna do anything in the NBA you're on crack. Aldrich will be Bogut at the verybest, and Collins and Patterson aren't really franchise players.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

The fact that these kids will be first rounders really does nothing to counter OP's argument. OBVIOUSLY they will be first rounders, because they are the best college players. His point was that "the cream of the crop" in college is much worse now than it was a few years ago.
A few years ago? Like when?

You mean back when Ricky Paulding and Ike Diogu were Pre-season all americans?

Or Dan Dickau?

When has a pre-season all american team been chock full of top 15 talents ?

Chris Carrawell, Duke
Marcus Fizer, Iowa St.
A. J. Guyton, Indiana
Kenyon Martin, Cincinnati
Chris Mihm, Texas
Troy Murphy, Notre Dame
Courtney Alexander, Fresno St.
Shane Battier, Duke
Mateen Cleaves, Michigan St.
Scoonie Penn, Ohio St.
Morris Peterson, Michigan St.
Stromile Swift, LSU

Shane Battier, Duke
Joseph Forte, North Carolina
Casey Jacobsen, Stanford
Troy Murphy, Notre Dame
Jason Williams, Duke
Troy Bell, Boston College
Michael Bradley, Villanova
Tayshaun Prince, Kentucky
Jason Richardson, Michigan St.
Jamaal Tinsley, Iowa St.

Juan Dixon, Maryland
Dan Dickau, Gonzaga
Drew Gooden, Kansas
Steve Logan, Cincinnati
Jason Williams, Duke
Sam Clancy, Southern California
Mike Dunleavy, Duke
Casey Jacobsen, Stanford
Jared Jeffries, Indiana
David West, Xavier

T. J. Ford, Texas
Nick Collison, Kansas
Dwyane Wade, Marquette
David West, Xavier
Hollis Price, Oklahoma
Josh Howard, Wake Forest
Carmelo Anthony, Syracuse
Jason Gardner, Arizona
Kyle Korver, Creighton
Troy Bell, Boston College

Emeka Okafor, Connecticut
Jameer Nelson, St. Joseph's
Lawrence Roberts, Mississippi
Josh Childress, Stanford
Ryan Gomes, Providence
Devin Harris, Wisconsin
Julius Hodge, North Carolina St.
Luke Jackson, Oregon
Andre Emmett, Texas Tech
Blake Stepp, Gonzaga

Andrew Bogut, Utah
Wayne Simien, Kansas
Hakim Warrick, Syracuse
J. J. Redick, Duke
Chris Paul, Wake Forest
Dee Brown, Illinois
Luther Head, Illinois
Sean May, North Carolina
Salim Stoudamire, Arizona
Ike Diogu, Arizona State

Adam Morrison, Gonzaga
J. J. Redick, Duke
Randy Foye, Villanova
Shelden Williams, Duke
Brandon Roy, Washington
Dee Brown, Illinois
Rodney Carney, Memphis
Rudy Gay, Connecticut
P. J. Tucker, Texas
Leon Powe, California

Assuming the first five of each year is 1st team and the second five 2nd team, I would take every 1st team over this year's, and even most of the 2ndteams. And I'm not just using hindsight, I think at the time those classes were considered way stronger relative to this year's class. IMO thereisn't one player in the 5 OP posted that's a lock to be an NBA starter or solid role player. You can't say that about any other year, unless youdiscount Jason Williams because of his injury.

I think the point hes trying to make is that the top players in college this year arent close to being as talented as the top dogs in previous years.
I agree.

Luke Harangody and Kyle Singler would not be close to top 5 in previous years First team.

Originally Posted by Jay5

I think the point hes trying to make is that the top players in college this year arent close to being as talented as the top dogs in previous years.
I agree.

Luke Harangody and Kyle Singler would not be close to top 5 in previous years First team.

Well it happens, you're not gonna have top talent available every year. You can't have the Lebron's, Kobe's or Carmelo's every year.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I agree.

Well it happens, you're not gonna have top talent available every year. You can't have the Lebron's, Kobe's or Carmelo's every year.

Obviously it happens, that's why he's making the post. The point is that this year's class is terrible. Less fascinating points have been made onNT.

just because you're a potential AA it doesn't mean you're necessarily the most talented.
if that was the case, john wall would be everyone's national player of the year and there would be no debate.

the talent hasn't been good the past few years? huh?
'07 = rose, beasley, mayo, love, westbrook and so on. '08, the jury's still out, but blake, flynn, steph curry, tyreke evans, harden, UNC.

college bball > anything.

I agree.

but you can and do in the NBA. hence why NBA > NCAA.

some of you are extra slow if you can't see the OPs point...

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

I agree.

but you can and do in the NBA. hence why NBA > NCAA.

some of you are extra slow if you can't see the OPs point...

because Melo's, Kobe's, and Lebron's come around every year ...

wait, you mean a couple years ago when players could just SKIP college and go straight to the league? ALRIGHT

Since when do people watch college basketball based on talent alone? NBA players are obviously more talented across the board. The college game has always beenmore about the overall product than the individual players.

Back
Top Bottom