This is why NBA > NCAA

It isn't talent level that makes college ball fun to watch. It's the passion and love for the sport that 95% of NBA never show on the court once theyget their big contract.

laugh.gif
@ "the NBA gives us Carmelo, LeBron, Dwight..."
laugh.gif
really?

Originally Posted by Biggie62

It isn't talent level that makes college ball fun to watch. It's the passion and love for the sport that 95% of NBA never show on the court once they get their big contract.

Agreed.

College ball is played at a different speed than the NBA - and I don't mean that to say the game is full of faster players. But that college ball is 100percent for 40 minutes.. whereas you're lucky to get 100 percent out of most NBA games for more than 10 minutes. Games are mostly auto-piloted and mailedin for the typical NBA player who will sit out half the season with a nagging back injury rather than go out there and try to help his team win every singlenight.

Sure - there are exceptions. But more often than not, I would watch ANY college game over ANY nba game. Hell, there's a lot of high school basketballI'd consider more entertaining than a lot of NBA games. I mean, do you really consider watching teams like the Thunder and the Kings playing each otherentertainment?
laugh.gif
talk about a snooze-fest

Originally Posted by Jay5

I think the point hes trying to make is that the top players in college this year arent close to being as talented as the top dogs in previous years.
I agree.

Luke Harangody and Kyle Singler would not be close to top 5 in previous years First team.

I hate Duke but Kyle Singler is a very, very good player. He doesn't really have a weakness offensively at the college game.
And 'Gody is one of the best BE players of all-time recognize Greatness you inbreeds!

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Since when do people watch college basketball based on talent alone? NBA players are obviously more talented across the board. The college game has always been more about the overall product than the individual players.
This....

And:
Originally Posted by Biggie62

It isn't talent level that makes college ball fun to watch. It's the passion and love for the sport that 95% of NBA never show on the court once they get their big contract.
This.

Are you guys serious?

Of course you're not going to have a plethora of talent in college basketball every year...it fluctuates.

These are amateur athletes everybody. No one is saying that NCAA > NBA in terms of talent. There are only 60 players that get drafted every year and makethe jump to the NBA. Sure...you're going to have your outliers that will go undrafted, somehow find a NBA roster and make the final cut, but generallyyou're only going to have 60 guys coming out of college every year latching onto rosters....usually less actually. It should be obvious that the talentlies in the NBA, not the NCAA.

If you're looking for the best overall product though, it's NCAA Basketball.

In College Basketball you have guys going out there everyday and playing for the name on the front of their jerseys...not the check they get at the end ofevery week. Hell...in the NBA you have teams tanking a month before the season to hopefully raise their chances at getting a better chance to get a high draftpick....teams are tanking for a CHANCE! It's not even like it's a sure thing they're going to get one of the top draft picks and they tank anyway!Please tell me you're not going to argue that the NBA is a better product than NCAA Basketball.

NCAA > NBA

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Jay5

I think the point hes trying to make is that the top players in college this year arent close to being as talented as the top dogs in previous years.
I agree.

Luke Harangody and Kyle Singler would not be close to top 5 in previous years First team.

Well it happens, you're not gonna have top talent available every year. You can't have the Lebron's, Kobe's or Carmelo's every year.
but you can and do in the NBA. hence why NBA > NCAA.

some of you are extra slow if you can't see the OPs point...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wow. Extra slow?? Of course NBA is better talent wise, who has in the history of earth, ever questioned that?
smh.gif

So the NBA is better than college based upon a preaseson poll?

Thats some super-swell logic.

If you actually think NBA players don't play hard and thats why you favor the NCAA over the NBA then you don't know anything about basketball. Theplayers are too good and would get exposed easily if they didn't put out a good effort.

Another reason for the NCAA's popularity is the supposed excitement of close games down the stretch or big time comebacks. The main reason for that is thelack of proper execution and the large amount of mental mistakes and over-coaching that you see in college.

the quality of play in a Sacramento vs Minnesota regular season game is higher than 95% all college bball games.

Originally Posted by solefob

If you actually think NBA players don't play hard and thats why you favor the NCAA over the NBA then you don't know anything about basketball. The players are too good and would get exposed easily if they didn't put out a good effort.

Another reason for the NCAA's popularity is the supposed excitement of close games down the stretch or big time comebacks. The main reason for that is the lack of proper execution and the large amount of mental mistakes and over-coaching that you see in college.

the quality of play in a Sacramento vs Minnesota regular season game is higher than 95% all college bball games.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
of course the NBa has the better players.

but who has the better passion and hunger to help their team win??
dudes in college are playing for school pride, and may be hungry to reach the pros.

a lot of dudes in the pros don't even care and are just glad to be gettin that fat **+ paycheck.

sorry, I posted before I finished my post.

wanted to add:

this is the best college bball has to offer while the nba gives us the Carmelo's Kobe's Lebron's and Howards.
fef3656336e367c4c8eb2f601b3b61be3b006052.gif

the "college players play harder" argument doesn't necessarily hold weight. high school kids play pretty damn hard.. would you rather watch HShoops than college or pros?

imo, the (supposed) greater player effort in college hoops is not enough to overcome the blatant inferiority in skill and slower pace of the game when comparedto the NBA.

If you actually think NBA players don't play hard and thats why you favor the NCAA over the NBA then you don't know anything about basketball. The players are too good and would get exposed easily if they didn't put out a good effort.

Another reason for the NCAA's popularity is the supposed excitement of close games down the stretch or big time comebacks. The main reason for that is the lack of proper execution and the large amount of mental mistakes and over-coaching that you see in college.

How u got 2k+ posts? U should be exiled with this type of ignorance

I believe that anyone who honestly believes the NBA is a better experience than NCAA ball either hasn't watched the college level, or just doesn'tunderstand basketball.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

The fact that these kids will be first rounders really does nothing to counter OP's argument. OBVIOUSLY they will be first rounders, because they are the best college players. His point was that "the cream of the crop" in college is much worse now than it was a few years ago.
Yeap

part of it for me is comparable to what gunna said about the nfl a few days ago..

in college i can see..

1-3-1
2-3, 2-3 match up
94 feet of man defense
zone press
a traditional princeton offense or modified
bill self's teams operate the high-low
billy d's spread screen and rolls

then outside of a handful of teams, you get the same sets and systems across the NBA.

The other part is college games generally have more excitement, every game matters, but not 1 single game matters toomuch. the kids play harder than the pros. for better or worse there is more coaching and strategy.
I prefer two halves of 20 minutes to four 12 minute quarters. i enjoy the 1 and 1 and double bonus instead of the two minute rule in the pros.

yes, pro's are more skilled. great. i know that is why you can't implement the same systems in the pros. but regular season nba just gets tired

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

i sense some underhanded racism here... 3 white guys in the top 5 of college basketball, heavens no!
I was gonna say it, but I figured somebody else had to say it.

eek.gif
is this dude serious?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not even responding again... everyone who gets it, gets it at this point. You're a clown though, for real. Overcoaching?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He really said overcoaching?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This question is very debatable i dont see this thread gaining any ground. Its really to ones own.

You of course of alot of talent in the NBA but its very one man orientated.
Plus you cant help to always think the game is rigged, after reading Donaghys statements from his book. Like lets make bets on who will call the firsttechnical.

College, is more team orientated, with fans. No empty stadiums. Games are always hyped up, and of course March Madness is the best.
Less talent though, more team orientated.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

eek.gif
is this dude serious?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not even responding again... everyone who gets it, gets it at this point. You're a clown though, for real. Overcoaching?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He really said overcoaching?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You respond with calling me a clown, posting some smiley faces and repeat overcoaching twice but yet you fail to reply with a substance.

Back
Top Bottom