Thoughts on a topic - lets talk about it. RESALE

I was thinking about something earlier after reading about China not having resale and how shoes sit on shelves and there is none of the nonsense we are dealing with right now. Thing is resellers are not just messing up shoes - it's lots of things. GPU's is a big one I know about...Xbox and Playstations is another one, people buying them up and asking tons of money for them.

SO - with that what if the United States made resale .... illegal. Do you think that would be too far? I am not saying like 100% can't resell things you buy but, maybe make so you aren't allow to purchase more than 5 of an item or you aren't allowed to sell more than 5 of an item. It could be pretty easily tracked. While it wouldn't be perfect I think it would cut way back on it and maybe start to get things moving back to normal. We don't need a middle man buying up the inventory so that we aren't able to buy it retail so they can sell it to us at 500% 1000% markups. That's bull****.

Another solution would be for people to not pay the stupid prices but, that's never going to happen. Once we are brainwashed (commercials, advertising, hype) into wanting whatever the product is we gotta have it. Sure we will complain and eat ramen for a month just to get whatever it is, which makes it even more ****ed up that it's happening. The companies have no incentive to stop it because they are selling out of whatever it is, so really if the corporations aren't breaking any laws and aren't motivated to stop it and consumers are being taken advantage of the only mechanism there is to fix it is the government unfortunately.

What does everything think?

I don't mind reselling as long as the general public has a fair shot of attaining the product during it's retail run. When they don't that's where my issue is.

I dunno about you but... I steady taking L's and seems like most people taking L's too. Very few actually scoring. I have lost on EVERYTHING recently.

jjjound x2
Strawberry Milks
Yurt - after tomorrow x2
Patta x2

I think there was more but, that is all I am thinking of right now. The public doesn't get a fair chance, we are FORCE to overpay everytime. I ended up paying $300 for Patta. Guessing I will end up paying $300 for Yurt too because I really want those.

I dunno about you but... I steady taking L's and seems like most people taking L's too. Very few actually scoring. I have lost on EVERYTHING recently.

jjjound x2
Strawberry Milks
Yurt - after tomorrow x2
Patta x2

I think there was more but, that is all I am thinking of right now. The public doesn't get a fair chance, we are FORCE to overpay everytime. I ended up paying $300 for Patta. Guessing I will end up paying $300 for Yurt too because I really want those.

Talking bout wanting to make resale illegal as (checks notes).. PAYS RESALE.🤔

Agreed.

If someone is in a business to consumer business they should limit any one consumer buying more than 5 of their products within a week. And by they i mean I’m okay with that as a regulation.

Good luck ever passing something like that in America though. We actively work against our own best interests in the name of freedom.

IIRC consumer protection laws prohibit any business from making stipulations about what a consumer can do with a product after they sell it to them. Thats a transfer of ownership and you no longer have any claim to the product. They can set quantity limits or refuse to sell to you, but they cant prevent you from reselling it.

D412F13B-37E0-4768-AE19-1F01B8D9C115.gif

IIRC consumer protection laws prohibit any business from making stipulations about what a consumer can do with a product after they sell it to them. Thats a transfer of ownership and you no longer have any claim to the product. They can set quantity limits or refuse to sell to you, but they cant prevent you from reselling it.

Wonder how Ford kind of got around this? The whole John Cena lawsuit concerning his Ford GT comes to mind. He got sued due for breach of contract after he sold his only after a few months of ownership. Contract stated that the owners weren't allowed to sell it for at least two years.

Wonder how Ford kind of got around this? The whole John Cena lawsuit concerning his Ford GT comes to mind. He got sued due for breach of contract after he sold his only after a few months of ownership. Contract stated that the owners weren't allowed to sell it for at least two years.

Just read up on that. I assume it's because there was a contract involved. Although the same car was sold at auction for 1.8 million and the auction house won a court ruling allowing them to sell it. Looks like Cena settled out of court but maybe could have won but the lawyer fees and relationship wasnt worth the fight.

Its not just shoes that resalers are messing up. Its lots of different things.... Shoes is just one small part

Its not just shoes that resalers are messing up. Its lots of different things.... Shoes is just one small part
True. It’s just part of this era of internet culture. Everything is a get rich quick scheme. We saw it with face masks and gloves last year. This isn’t new but it’s easier than it’s ever been in the past.

Last edited:
I only pay resell for shoes I REALLY like at this point and by resell I mean $30-$50 over and when you factor in the trip to the mall, buying lunch out and time it about evens out regardless.

Its about not having a choice. They cheat to get the products , taking them out from under our noses then selling them back to us at 1000% markup.

Im still dead at OP crying about resellers all while paying resell prices. Hes tired of getting hit over the head 😂
Son saying we should all band together and stop paying prices but won't do it himself.

Pulled a Wong, "damn, ya'll should boycott"
5ae9e9bebd96711a008b45ae

Do y’all actually win those raffles? Last pair I tried to get after years of not buying were the Flint 13s. App crashed immediately I couldn’t imagine that’s what most people go through for these releases. I caved and went to StockX. The only time I got shoes on release was when I worked at a shoe store as a teen…

Back
Top Bottom