Thoughts on D.C Artist, Wale

Any thought on the up and coming rapper from Washington D.C. I think he is a good representative of the city. He has a couple bangers (including Nike Boots). What are ya'll thoughts. If you haven't heard of him here is a link of his song.

Wale - Nike Boots [Original Version] (Not the Remix w/ Lil Wayne)
http://www.zshare.net/audio/3667012c3660b2/

I like Wale....his style is different. Especially that one track it's called like "wale dance" or something like that.

Alot of dudes don't really know who he is but I'm kinda feelin his tracks.

pimp.gif

<=== got my SN listenin' to that

dude is nice IMO. Both mixtape are still gettin play from me and I'm watin' on the 3rd one.

Dude is something different which I think is needed.
his new joint with Bun B and my favorite rapper Pusha Ton is serious right now I've seen it titled as Back into Go-Go or Go Mode. Not too sure.
Star is real crazy too.

The general consensus on NT is that he's dope.
pimp.gif

Wale if you see this drop a little info on that Mixtape About Nothing...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Wale if you see this drop a little info on that Mixtape About Nothing...
nerd.gif

I Don't wanna sound dumb but Does Wale really get on Niketalk ??

ilovehiphop43...check the md/dc/forum....you can find out there all the info you need.

He's something new. Seeing as not many rappers come from this area its a good thing.
And his music is dope.

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

pimp.gif

<=== got my SN listenin' to that

dude is nice IMO. Both mixtape are still gettin play from me and I'm watin' on the 3rd one.

You mean 4th mixtape. And Vick, I'm tired of waiting for the mixtape. Stop making me wait dammit!!
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Wale is mad nice he reps DC well, im sure he's gonna have artist under him that show the obvious hood side of dc. wale and tabi dont really show it. Forexample dc 198 muders last year only has 100,000 more population then oakland, oakland had 93 murders, but even in so.cal there shook of oakland ninjas.. Itsnot glamorous or anything but all these artist come out like they from the hood but uptown, ne is the hood and SE is beyond the projects !#+ is like a 3rdworld country over there. Everywhere i go DC? isnt that all whtie people?? nah homie DC like 90% black.

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

Wale is mad nice he reps DC well, im sure he's gonna have artist under him that show the obvious hood side of dc. wale and tabi dont really show it. For example dc 198 muders last year only has 100,000 more population then oakland, oakland had 93 murders, but even in so.cal there shook of oakland ninjas.. Its not glamorous or anything but all these artist come out like they from the hood but uptown, ne is the hood and SE is beyond the projects !#+ is like a 3rd world country over there. Everywhere i go DC? isnt that all whtie people?? nah homie DC like 90% black.

everybody seems to be rapping about the hood...let them do something different...is it really necessary to put into a song how many murders there were orwhatever else you feel they aren't showing about the hood side of DC?

Wale is mad nice he reps DC well, im sure he's gonna have artist under him that show the obvious hood side of dc. wale and tabi dont really show it. For example dc 198 muders last year only has 100,000 more population then oakland, oakland had 93 murders, but even in so.cal there shook of oakland ninjas.. Its not glamorous or anything but all these artist come out like they from the hood but uptown, ne is the hood and SE is beyond the projects !#+ is like a 3rd world country over there. Everywhere i go DC? isnt that all whtie people?? nah homie DC like 90% black.

why does he have to rap about murders? why does he have to *%$! on his city to be a good rapper?

Yeah
The dude Wale is nice
It took me awhile to realize it bein from DC
But my friends were rockin to him like he the next big thing
So I had to listen to somethin from him
And the first thing I heard was "One Thing About a Playa"
And I was like
eek.gif

Then I said I need some more
laugh.gif

Then I listened to that Uptown Roamers
And yet again I was on my
eek.gif
mode
And this was in 06
Then I had a chance to meet him at a cd signing when Clipse came through DC
And he was real cool
And learning awhile ago that he's on NT
I was behind this dude all the way

But here is Uptown Roamers and One Thing About a Playa . . .

Your misinformed pimpin'. First off D.C. is no longer 90% black, its about 65 percent now. A lot of areas have been redone and a lot of projects havebeen torn down and folk is moving to P.G. County (Maryland). While murders are still high (don't know the exact number), not ALL of D.C. is the damn hood. Also consider Wale reps the D.C. "urea", DMV. And all of DMV is def. not hood. In fact from what i've heard wale spent a lot of time and livedin Maryland, so for him to rap like he's some goon, sellin white and shooting N_'s would most likely be a damn front. Personally i'm glad he'sdoing what he's doing, cuz there is too much lying and frontin in rap as is, hopefully he can bring some change to the game...

Wale is a Landover, MD N more than a DC one. But I been up on Wale and I bump his stuff but he isn't anything special lyrically and his flow gets annoying.For some reason a lot of DC hood heads I know not feeling him much but still respect him for repping DMV.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Wale is a Landover, MD N more than a DC one. But I been up on Wale and I bump his stuff but he isn't anything special lyrically and his flow gets annoying. For some reason a lot of DC hood heads I know not feeling him much but still respect him for repping DMV.

Back
Top Bottom