Thoughts on D.C Artist, Wale

I like him a lot, had heard his name for a little bit, then finally got his mixtapes a couple months back and I was really impressed.

I'm looking forward to his new one, Seinfeld inspired
laugh.gif
can't wait.

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Wale if you see this drop a little info on that Mixtape About Nothing...
nerd.gif

I Don't wanna sound dumb but Does Wale really get on Niketalk ??

for sure, dude pulled out his phone at the Austin show and was like "this is what i get on NT with"
laugh.gif

as for thoughts on him, son is flames
pimp.gif
his flow is relentless and not to sound cliche but is def a "breathe of fresh air"

live show was crack btw

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

pimp.gif

<=== got my SN listenin' to that

dude is nice IMO. Both mixtape are still gettin play from me and I'm watin' on the 3rd one.

no need to deep throat

Originally Posted by TheOtherAI9

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

pimp.gif

<=== got my SN listenin' to that

dude is nice IMO. Both mixtape are still gettin play from me and I'm watin' on the 3rd one.

You mean 4th mixtape. And Vick, I'm tired of waiting for the mixtape. Stop making me wait dammit!!
mad.gif
tongue.gif
nerd.gif
somebody please help me out with this one.

Nobody was deep thoatin' dude. Im just a fan
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Wale is a Landover, MD N more than a DC one. But I been up on Wale and I bump his stuff but he isn't anything special lyrically and his flow gets annoying. For some reason a lot of DC hood heads I know not feeling him much but still respect him for repping DMV.
Right on Point!

Like he said everyone is giving him respect he's holding the area down...but i don't think he'll be the BEST thing to EVER come out of "The DCArea"

Nah sons, He stay out PG i heard like 4 songs about that. Uptown is really NW and on Uptown Roamers all he shouts out is NE and MD blocks didnt hear GA aveonce 3500 not once 1-4, columbia heights not even one time lol. What i was saying i checked last year BMORE number 1 in murder rate DC is 5. What i was sayingis this We know texas slang cuz of why? hooks on songs from gutter dukes ugk, slim thugga etc, we all grew up with listening to new york rappers so we learnedqueens "dun god"/bronx/brooklyn/harlem "b" slang. look at philly "ock" etc. LA hella,breezy,mark,cuz,blood, fa sho,fool, etc etc,music shows us there style and how they dress and how they talk there slang threw there music. Baby bash from SD his whack %!$ didnt teach us any SD slang andits wayyy diff then LA's or the bays..

People dont know about we r one, solbiato, madness, visionz etc etc man peoples dont even know in the DMV we have had are own style and clothing lines sincethe early 90s if not before.

INO millions of NY ninjas they never heard GOGO before, im out cali going to DC next week these people dont even know where DC at or know/even heard GOGO theysaid oh? u mean them vegas girls Go Go Dancer?? i be like WHAT?

WE say bama, yungin, son son, ya she goer, ja like, etc etc people have never ever heard that DC slang not even philly or NJ dukes

What im saying is I want our style foams, retros, acgs, barkleys, pennys, etc and slang to go out there to show them bamas how we goin
NY wears ACGs now but i remember sons in DC including myself rockin those in like 01/02, trust me you goto the south or the west coast and how we talk oh ufrom ny? nah ninja dc whats that???

Thats all i was basically was sayin, peoples think DC is sweat cuz of the white house, congress etc, man i never realized i even lived near all that GOV andhow important it is until i moved out.

Yall probably who are still in the DMV wont either till you bounce for at least a year.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Wale is a Landover, MD N more than a DC one. But I been up on Wale and I bump his stuff but he isn't anything special lyrically and his flow gets annoying. For some reason a lot of DC hood heads I know not feeling him much but still respect him for repping DMV.
Right on Point!

Like he said everyone is giving him respect he's holding the area down...but i don't think he'll be the BEST thing to EVER come out of "The DC Area"

well he's the only thing coming out of the DC Area so that pretty much makes him the best, that and the fact he's better than most other rappersout of any other area.
Where's the Haterade vending machine on NT? clearly very close by

"They say I'm not hip, cuz I don't wear sweats/ or solbiato to death I'm sorry I'm not the rest/ I'm a premium denim getter, limitedkick kicker who spit iller than ninjas/ that say that they really lived it"

Sums it up right there

Oh and EastCoastPapi- I feel exactly what you're saying but: Oakland ("the bay if you will") uses the terms hella, fa sho, etc etc while LA ismore grip etc (Dom or some other LA dude could clear that up) and also you're right about the population with Oakland. But there were in 2006 148 murdersalone, and in 2007 there were 127. Of course those numbers are for sure kept down. Music wise, I'm sure everyone has gotten a gist of what LA music isabout for the most part with how the dress and slang is but it's Oakland imo that have never really been put out there in terms of how actual Oakland dudesreally talk, dress, etc.

Back
Top Bottom