:: THOUGHTS ON RYAN LESLIE?? ::

I know he's mostly an R & B type of producer, but for the last couple of years I've been peepin his blogs and vids. Dude is a beast. I think if hehad better clientele and kinda strayed away from Diddy he'd get more notoriety like Polow and the other up and comers. I think he honestly has potential tobe Timbo/Neptune status in a couple years. One of these videos really had me shook
embarassed.gif

On a side note dude is kind of a cornball wit these vids tho. I be dyin' at how serious he be takin himself...
laugh.gif
He try to make it look like he make his joints in one take
eyes.gif

This bum went to Harvard and all he became is a music producer?

Most of the top producer didn't even go to college.

And the highlight of his career and life is working with a untalented broad named Cassie.

Dude's a loser.

I know he's mostly an R & B type of producer, but for the last couple of years I've been peepin his blogs and vids. Dude is a beast. I think if he had better clientele and kinda strayed away from Diddy he'd get more notoriety like Polow and the other up and comers. I think he honestly has potential to be Timbo/Neptune status in a couple years. One of these videos really had me shook
embarassed.gif

he could be up there with Polow ,Timbo and Neptunes and stuff but i dont know why he hasnt yet...once he links up with the right people its a wrap...hisbeats is straight raw
pimp.gif

Only songs i remember from dude, that i was feeling, were Used 2 Be ft. FAB and Something About You

I be dyin' at how serious he be takin himself...
laugh.gif

dude's just really passionate
laugh.gif

he def a beast tho...i was just wonderin how this dude still doesnt have an album out...he has a lotta good material...

he needs to sticc to producing..and thats all
the singing/rapping..yeah, no. not feeling it

Used To Be is definitely that joint.
He has a couple good songs I know.

What are some other good tracks to check out?

goofball? yeah

good music? HELL YEAH

i mess with r les heavy. diamond girl is that joint and i dont know why they didnt release the joint he did with latif

Ryan Lesie The Cameo King aka
R-Les aka
The King of Myspace aka
Youtube Blogger

i cant help but think that when i hear his name

He's dope.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Promise Not To Call," "Walk Away," and then a couple of Cassie's beats like "Just One Nite," "Long Way 2 Go," and"Call U Out" are all nice.

He's rather talented. I respect him for actually being more of a true musician than a ton of producers out there.

"Long Way 2 Go"
Storch bite. (see Remy Ma "Conceited")

Plus Storch is wack so biting him is even wacker.
laugh.gif

"Call U Out"
Runners bite. (see Rick Ross "Hustlin")

Basically same beat with different instruments.

C'mon now. This guy hasn't produced ANY bangers nor will he ever.

The end.

he could be up there with Polow ,Timbo
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Do not compare this talentless bum with Timbaland.

If Tim only had a bucket and some drumsticks and Ryan Leslie had a full with studio with a live band, Timbaland's beat would still be hotter.

No instrument can help this wack _____ out.
Ryan Lesie The Cameo King aka
R-Les aka
The King of Myspace aka
Youtube Blogger
Log off.

I like him, seems like a fairly respectable musician at least.

How often do beatmakers play their OWN arpeggios instead of using an automated preset ? Refer to the 4th vid
smile.gif
I expected him to really dominate but talent =/= overwhelming success. He's still doinghis thing though... I just laugh at his reactions to his own beats :smh: You really can't just nod your head like the rest of us
indifferent.gif
?

Proof that non-sampled beats can still sound nice without resembling Pharrell or Timbo's. Some of his stuff seems cookie-cutter/formulistic but I stilllike his stuff.

Damn, some of ya'll came BACK in here to hate on dude
smh.gif
. I know it's THOUGHTS on Ryan Leslie butdamn, you made your point
laugh.gif
. His beats are flames to me.
Proof that non-sampled beats can still sound nice without resembling Pharrell or Timbo's. Some of his stuff seems cookie-cutter/formulistic but I still like his stuff.
Word. I thinks that why he never really blew up yet. Its been kinda done already.

some of my favorite Ryan Leslie joints:

I-R-I-N-A
Diamond Girl
My Everything
Promise not to call (sounds a lot like Sometimes by Cassie)
Sometimes by Cassie
Just one Night by Cassie
Kiss me by Cassie

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Damn, some of ya'll came BACK in here to hate on dude
smh.gif
. I know it's THOUGHTS on Ryan Leslie but damn, you made your point
laugh.gif
. His beats are flames to me.
Proof that non-sampled beats can still sound nice without resembling Pharrell or Timbo's. Some of his stuff seems cookie-cutter/formulistic but I still like his stuff.
Word. I thinks that why he never really blew up yet. Its been kinda done already.

Yea like I Fs with dude but some of his beats will let you know R-Les produced it without him saying a word...he ain't the only one who's gotten abit predictable though.

Jus Blaze's most recent stuff is kinda typical of him...and Kanye's more commercial sh_ always seemed typical of him. I still Fs with all them

I like R-Lesley..I listen to him sometimes when I'm stuck on a non-sampled track and don't feel like whipping the guitar out
tired.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TCW 96

And the highlight of his career and life is working with a untalented broad named Cassie.

Dude's a loser.

get off 50's tip

im pretty sure he isnt using his Harvard degree to do music bc that is all he can do, im sure he can fall back on that degree and make alot of $$$ too

he's doing music b/c he likes it, you sound made jealous of the dude b/c i kno you dont have the kind of cash flow he does

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Originally Posted by TCW 96

Dude's a loser.

get off 50's tip

im pretty sure he isnt using his Harvard degree to do music bc that is all he can do, im sure he can fall back on that degree and make alot of $$$ too

he's doing music b/c he likes it, you sound made jealous of the dude b/c i kno you dont have the kind of cash flow he does

True. Keep in mind Ryan Leslie was valedictorian of his graduating class..Maybe he studied music..or law..or finance..or engineering..or w/e. He'sdoing what he likes to do and I can't knock him.

Plenty of us up-n-comers in the music biz are in college as well...We like music but wouldn't mind having a more realistic job to fall back on after we getolder..

you sound made jealous of the dude b/c i kno you dont have the kind of cash flow he does
the highlight of his career was with cassie, trust me, dude ain't seeing no cash flow.

laugh.gif
@ this dude riding a talentless music producer just because he went toharvard.

Back
Top Bottom