THREAD CLOSED

What are you most looking forward to? (Two choices allowed)

• Derek Carr's return

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Amari Cooper's third season

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Khalil Mack in his prime

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Marshawn Lynch where he belongs

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Defensive improvements

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Showdown in Mexico City

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Revenge against Kansas City

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
David Johnson was looking for the sideline after that hit.
Sean Smith...idk

David Johnson was wrapped up when KJ came in with the big hit. But when David Johnson was on the ground he was lookin at who hit him like "Yo. WTF?!" :lol:

He never returned after that. Bruce Arians was prolly like **** that.

Sean Smith....man...I know it's week 1 of preseason but damn...

Not too impressed with Marquel Lee so far neither. Better get Perry Riley on the line.

Yea Karl Joseph being healthy is gonna be a good thing.
Sean Smith flat out sucks. And he gunna get like 7 or 8 mil this year SMH...

Sean Smith is becoming a liability. You get toasted like that by 2nd string wide outs like that on preseason and it's on film like that, you know they're gonna be targeting his *** heavy from the gate.

With reports from camp and a performance like that, man I don't know if he's gonna make the cut..

I wouldn't be surprised if Raiders had a let down year. lot of distractions

I don't see your post as negative. It is your opinion. I do question how far the Raiders can go this season though.
I was comfortable calling anything above a ten win season last year valid and felt the defense would get better as the season went even though the Raiders defense has been nothing short of terrible in the first four weeks of the season under Del Rio (Baltimore was maybe the first game where we saw them beginning to gel). I'm just not sure if we can expect to walk away with the division especially with San Diego getting better and KC working on what I felt was a solid game plan against the Raiders season after season. I do look forward to the no huddle offense and whatever John Pagano can provide as far as an identity on defense. The expectations are high obviously.

The Carr injury is exactly the thing that many teams feared with the season closing and why after his injury many sat.
For whatever reason it felt weird to keep Carr in the game being up that late in the season, but I'm not on the Raiders payroll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshawn ain't protesting, he just don't care about nothing or anyone's opinion on him. He'll never change and will keep doing what he is doing. #TownBidnezz :pimp:

I feel like Derek Carr has to have a special year again for them to win 12 games again. I'm worried about the defense.

I feel like Derek Carr has to have a special year again for them to win 12 games again. I'm worried about the defense.

Last year was Carr's third season in the league, I saw natural progression, not a special season. He's just a special player who logically will only continue to get better.

My point is last year's offensive production is the benchmark, it's not some lofty goal. With added weapons and and an additional year of experience under the belt, I fully expect the offense to surpass last season's success.

The weakest unit on last year's defense has added talent too, and the reigning Defensive Player of the Year is ours and hasn't even entered his prime.

I don't understand the pessimism.

Last year was Carr's third year in the league, I saw natural progression, not a special season. He's just a special player who logically will continue to get better.

My point is last year's offensive production is the benchmark, it's not some lofty goal. With added weapons and and an additional year of experience under the belt, I fully expect the offense to surpass last season's success.

The weakest unit on last year's defense has added talent too, and the reigning Defensive Player of the Year is ours and hasn't even entered his prime.

I don't understand the pessimism.

The poster is JumpmanFromDaBay. He turned on the team after the move was announced.

Back
Top Bottom