Throwing Away Jordan's Unappreciation.

smh.gif
@ some of the shoes I threw away in the 90's.  If I knew then what I know now.

I've learned my lesson. Haven't thrown anything away in over a decade.

never throw them away send them to the Philippines! My little cousin has beat down my laney 5's from '00.

if they can be worn, then i'll wear them
if they can't, they're beat and i throw em
the only exception was last year when i sold my severely beaten 2000 black infra vi.

i cant throw em away...i remember my fave j's (steel Xs) from 2005, i wore em til the end, i worked on the roof and trashed em. biggest mistake of my life. im still in need of a DS pair

I'm 27 years old, Fam!!!! Do you know how many Jordans I've thrown away in my life? Back in the 90's no one gave a damn about a retro or a pair of old *** Jordan. the first Jordans I ever owned was the Air Jordan VIII, and in less than a year I had to throw them away because of the release of the Air Jordan IX.

I'm a Cali kid. Do you know what would happen to you back in the day if you showed up at school wearing a pair of old @ss Jordans??? People would roast your broke @ss for the rest of the school year. There was no love for an out dated model back in these days.....

'94 threw away my VIIIs (Aquas)

'95 Threw away my Xs (Steel Gray)

late '96 threw away my XIs (Black/Varsity Red)

late '99 threw away my XIVs (UNC lows)

late 2000 threw away my XVs (Black/Red)

i can't seem to get rid of them even though they are all beat up and scratched i just use them for work now.

ive never thrown away a pair, the only official send off ive done was burning a pair, it's the only right way to go, like the american flag or something haha

you're not alone. I have a few beaters that I can't throw away, especially my black/red and cool grey 11s. Lol. My momma tells me to throw away those pieces of garbage were they belong. She just don't know.
parents just don't understand.....

I usually end up cutting the yard or doing outside work in mine before I throw them away. After that I clean them then donate them to my church.

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

I'm 27 years old, Fam!!!! Do you know how many Jordans I've thrown away in my life? Back in the 90's no one gave a damn about a retro or a pair of old *** Jordan. the first Jordans I ever owned was the Air Jordan VIII, and in less than a year I had to throw them away because of the release of the Air Jordan IX.

I'm a Cali kid. Do you know what would happen to you back in the day if you showed up at school wearing a pair of old @ss Jordans??? People would roast your broke @ss for the rest of the school year. There was no love for an out dated model back in these days.....

'94 threw away my VIIIs (Aquas)

'95 Threw away my Xs (Steel Gray)

late '96 threw away my XIs (Black/Varsity Red)

late '99 threw away my XIVs (UNC lows)

late 2000 threw away my XVs (Black/Red)

every new release was a must cop, i remember who ever had the newest shoe the day of the release first was the %@##. i also went to school in cali, but since moved to texas. wasnt as big up here to say the least.

i rmember when the jordan team 1s came out in that time, now im looking for them:lol:

Ive never thrown a pair out.. But have gave out a few. A pair of Olive Green IX's and some OG 1's .Well.. I was foolish back in the day..thought i could buy em all. Now..everything stays in my closet for memories. ha. Except ones with holes...thats just pointless to keep.

Originally Posted by Mac4167

i give them to my lil cousins, couldn't see myself throwing away sneakers i paid $150+ when i could just give them to someone i know would wear them.
Agreed. I normally keep my shoes in good shape anyways. Haven't let them get beat at all. I still have my shoes from 8th grade(cant wear them since they are size 9 and I wear 11-11.5 now) and they still look wearable even after all the horror I put them through. I've only given one pair of shoes to my cousin so far.

Came close to throwing away my og white infrared 6s (midsole on left shoe is halfway gone) but just didn't have the heart to do it. I guess for nostalgia reasons i decided to keep.

i didn't throw away my pairs when i was a kid. I remember having my first jordan. the black and white jordan IX which i saved up for cuz my dad bought me CB 34s. I kept my beaten shoes inside the closet. I eventually had enough fondness for Js to keep em and not give them away to our maid's sons. They remained a part of my collection until my house burned last May. Im back collecting jordans but its such a hassle to start again,...plus prices are much heftier now.

Yea when I was a kid I had some OG J's but I killed them and tossed them. If I only knew then what I know now, oh well
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom