time gap between getting rim and dunking unappreciation

so i'm currently a college freshman and still can't dunk, but i've been able to get the rim since 10th grade. i haven't grown much at all sincethen unfortunately. i can now yank the damn thing down now but i still can't dunk, mad frustrating, and my knees are getting shot now too. smfh.

laugh.gif

Sucks to be you....

Get your smack off game right.....That's still kinda
pimp.gif

Esp, when you smack off on somebody....

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif

Sucks to be you....

Get your smack off game right.....That's still kinda
pimp.gif

Esp, when you smack off on somebody....

smacking boards is only cool when you playin with wooden backboards and it's loud as hell.
pimp.gif

I grabbed rim over a year ago as a freshman. Now I can dunk a girls ball, I'm 5'10", cannot dunk a mens ball though.

smacking boards is only cool when you playin with wooden backboards and it's loud as hell.
True. I can dunk so I tried to dropstep on dunk but he made body contact so I adjusted on clapped that joint loud as hell. Dudes in the gym waslike
eek.gif
laugh.gif
and I didn't even dunk on homie.

dunking is fun..but in college at the rec you have to watch yourself..dudes know u can dunk will try to bridge you

I think it took me about a year to from rim to dunking clean
yea i was grabbin rim easy of vert freshman and soph year by my junior year i was dunkin easy

yea i was grabbin rim easy of vert freshman and soph year by my junior year i was dunkin easy
Same here.

An easy way to dunk if you are about rim level is stand at the free-thow line. Bounce the ball off the floor and try and hit the backboard next too the rim, sothe ball is coming back and travelling up. I found this the easiest way... then after you get the mechanics down, you can move to keep the ball in yourhands...

dunking is fun..but in college at the rec you have to watch yourself..dudes know u can dunk will try to bridge you
this is true, but its a great thing to do in warm ups in a rec or intramural game, dunk it once and the other team instantly becomes aware someonecan dunk and people dont want to cover you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i could get rim off straight vert around 8th grade. for some reason my standing vert is only slightly worse than my running vert, instead of my running vertbeing a lot higher.

but anyways, my hands are mad small so it took me a while to dunk from when i was getting rim. i could dunk a tennis ball, but not a real basketball until like3 years later

Vince said he started off with tennis balls, to volleyballs, to basketballs.

That's the best way to go about it, from what I've seen.

Also try working on your ball grip. If you can palm a ball it goes a long way towards dunking.

Getting rim is nowhere near dunking.I know too many people who can grab rim that will never dunk in there life. Ifyou're a freshman in college and still haven't dunked, you probably won't.

atleast you arent 5'9 and can barely even touch the rim. be happy you can "almost" dunk
smh.gif

i got rim in grade 9

grade 10 i could put down some weak dunks

grade 11 got injured but came with some 2 foot 2 handers

grade 12 putting down tomahawks and windmills in warmups
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

6'3 btw

Originally Posted by Mw2889

Getting rim is nowhere near dunking.I know too many people who can grab rim that will never dunk in there life. If you're a freshman in college and still haven't dunked, you probably won't.

If he's a frosh in college he still has a chance. I couldnt dunk my first yr.
It takes hella long from when you first go from rim to jam
mad.gif
. The biggest thing is getting your legs stronger and mechanics. A lot of ppl donteven jump 'properly' they jus try bounce as hard as they can.
I just started w/ a volleyball and worked my way up to a womens ball then a regular rock. I can palm a ball easy but you just gotta learn how to take off w/ aball, esp off two feet.

I wasnt sweatin hs..we couldnt even dunk in warm ups anyway
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Burn916

Look at the bright side...you could be like me...grab rim in 8th grade, suffer three serious lower body injuries by 10th grade, and never reach that height on your vert ever again (and lose decent time off your 40).

same %*$! happened to me man
tired.gif

Light work my dude. LIGHT.

I'd rather get one off a putback for the simple fact of violating on someone's dome. If they know you can dunk and see you goin for one they;ll foulthe @+%% outta you (Dennis Rodman status). I'd rather not put myself in that situation.

5'8
18 years old
I can easily grab rim, and can dunk a volleyball on a verrrryyyyy goood day

I'm starting to think I'm never gonna be able to dunk
frown.gif

grabbed rim in 7th grade

dunked during the summer before 8th grade

I'm now in 10th grade and I can do windmills, 360s, alley-oops, etc.

i got rim in grade 9

grade 10 i could put down some weak dunks

grade 11 got injured but came with some 2 foot 2 handers

grade 12 putting down tomahawks and windmills in warmups
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

6'3 btw

if i was your height id be going dumb on rims all over the city. im only 5'11 and i can grab rim all day long, but i have small hands for my size, no point in trying to dunk. if i trained hard in HS i probably would be throwing down, but all i did was slack off in the weight room during practice. after grade 12 season stopped playing as often and started smoking
ohwell.gif
. but u shud see what kind of ******ed stuff i can do on a 9 foot rim. that dont count, does it?

dunked my junior year of hs. im now 21, after knee injury and a sprained ankle i can barely dunk on 9 ft

Back
Top Bottom