Time to vent: They got me for my paper

Man I just got out of meeting with an HR rep for the company I work for and I am a bit pissed off. Backtrack a few weeks ago a co-work and I were discussinggetting paid and she asked me how much I got paid as a base salary. This female is cool so I let her know the digits and come to findout we got paid on thesame level, but the kicker is she is a shift leader and is supposed to be getting more than me. So she was a little pissed off, not at me but at what outleadership was doing with her pay, we both were under the impression that they didn't give her a raise. So she tells me that she is going to talk to higherabout this..... I KNOW GET TO THE POINT.......

Come to findout higher was paying me to much, I wasn't afraid becuase we agreed to a contract and by contract they have to pay me that...right...WRONG!These mofos have the right to alter your contract as they see fit and when they see fit, so I have to take a $500 a month hit, because of a mistake theymade
mad.gif

I shouldn't have said anything and in the future will keep to myself when it comes to money, but I am the only one to blame. I didn't abide by my ownrule and paid for it...

Rules of Obtaining Wealth

1) Don't trust no body but your cot damn self
2) When chasing women you will always lose money, but when chasing money, you will never lose women
3) Blood is thinker than water, but it isn't thicker than gold

This should be your only rule. Never, ever discuss pay with your co-workers. Ever. Only person in my department who knows how much I make, both base andcommission, is my direct boss.

That sucks guy..

Don't talk about your damn pay.. I mean it's most likely company policy anyways im surprised they didn't cite you for it..

I talk about my pay all the time to coworker
laugh.gif
, but I make chump changeso it really doesn't matter.

trust me I learned, from this one, but as it stands now, I am the only one who knows what I make, so I am starting from scratch, plus I am getting a promotionthis month, so my pay will go back up, but I mean damn, I have to go two weeks without this pay, man thank God I put in OT, lol.

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Man I just got out of meeting with an HR rep for the company I work for and I am a bit pissed off. Backtrack a few weeks ago a co-work and I were discussing getting paid and she asked me how much I got paid as a base salary. This female is cool so I let her know the digits and come to findout we got paid on the same level, but the kicker is she is a shift leader and is supposed to be getting more than me. So she was a little pissed off, not at me but at what out leadership was doing with her pay, we both were under the impression that they didn't give her a raise. So she tells me that she is going to talk to higher about this..... I KNOW GET TO THE POINT.......

Come to findout higher was paying me to much, I wasn't afraid becuase we agreed to a contract and by contract they have to pay me that...right...WRONG! These mofos have the right to alter your contract as they see fit and when they see fit, so I have to take a $500 a month hit, because of a mistake they made
mad.gif

I shouldn't have said anything and in the future will keep to myself when it comes to money, but I am the only one to blame. I didn't abide by my own rule and paid for it...

Rules of Obtaining Wealth

1) Don't trust no body but your cot damn self
2) When chasing women you will always lose money, but when chasing money, you will never lose women
3) Blood is thinker than water, but it isn't thicker than gold

eek.gif
I would be heattted. This a def a heats up for me.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

This should be your only rule. Never, ever discuss pay with your co-workers. Ever. Only person in my department who knows how much I make, both base and commission, is my direct boss.

Basically.

There's a good reason why most people do not ask what others make. Mostly because people don't talk about it.

My advice is try not to talk about money period with anyone unless its absolutely necessary.

Nothing to fight, they changed my pay before they even told me and I have already reviewed the policy and this company can do what they just did. It isstructered into every contract. I still clean up over here (it is a company that does contract work in the middle east) but still a hit is a hit. Like I said,I get it back at the end of the month, so I am not too worried. Just a little pissed, because this chick is a friend as well and didn't handle it a way toprotect me, when I was looking out for her. Shame on me!!!

Take the L and keep it moving...but only because you definitely brought it on yourself. If I'm comfy with what I'm making I'm not explaining it tono one or I'm lying and saying I'm making less

oh yeah...one more thing.

technically...you're not getting hit with 500...they're correcting your salary to the appropriate level.

think about it... you just got X amount of paychecks with a $500 bonus for each paycheck.

I'd be mad if they made you pay it back though.

i'm curious how smart dirty is. He seemingly knows atleast a little about ever facet of a topic posted on NT...

but what he just said makes sense. They were basically advancing [sc] your pay.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

This should be your only rule. Never, ever discuss pay with your co-workers. Ever. Only person in my department who knows how much I make, both base and commission, is my direct boss.
son are you kidding me?!!?

listen to what ShannonsCrooks said.

i dont care how cool yall is. never discuss that thats between you and HR/Boss etc.

I won't talk about my bonus, but at my firm salaries are within a tight range so no one can really get upset. Plus they tell you, and everyone, exactly whyyou got what you did.

However, I still opt not to talk about it, even with friends elsewhere. You did it to yourself. If anything, you should have lied and said you made a lot less.

I'm writing about employment contracts in my employment law class and people would be surprised about what companies can do regarding salary.

Back
Top Bottom