Time Warner Cable To Lose Viacom's MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon, Spike, & Comedy Central Jan 1

my wife called me in panic mode right now.
my son is steaming mad. "No more Spongebob? No more Wow Wow Wubbzy?"
laugh.gif
he's not a happy camper.
DirecTv here I come.

-J-

it's not gonna happen... Viacom will get what they want.

TWC will lose too many subscribers if this goes through.

OK first I am still pissed that TW doesn't carry the NFL network now they want to cancel these channels and still expect me to pay the same amount everymonth? If these channels are gone, I am done with TW. More HD channels on Direct TV anyways. Anyone got links to Direct TV deals?

This is just another plan by the government to dumb down the society in masses
Theyre taking down MTV2, Nickelodean..but there leaving dumb +%! BET...Im Black and i dont even watch BET regularly..After they cancelled Rap City i took thatchannel off my favorites. All they show now is Brotha to Brutha and Keisha Coles ghetto +%! family..No one wants to see that @$@%, and anyone that does want tosee that is ignorant.
This is a plan by the government..Regardless what cable provider we choose, we cant win..
As long as they dont take away TVone (a channel that I watch) and Discovery channel im SOMEWHAT GOOD
MTV2, Comedy Central and Nick leaving will affect me the most
MTV2 is the only channel left that actually shows music nowadays
Nick at Night FTW
CC is classic
But whatever
I guess Youtube will come to use more often

laugh.gif
U-Verse customers

Update...

WEDNESDAY NOON UPDATE:
Viacom has rejected Time Warner Cable's request for a 15- to 30-day extension on the 12:01 AM January 1st deadline when thecable programmer pulls its 19 channels off the 2nd largest cable system operator. I'm told Viacom and TWC had no contact throughout yesterday until news ofthe Big Media battle broke. Suddenly, at 8 PM, TWC came to Viacom with an increase offer and the extension request. But Viacom rejected both out of hand."It was bogus. The low-ball offer was clearly an excuse to ask for an extension and then use that in their press acrtivity today," a Viacom sourceclaimed to me. "After we've been trying to meet with them for several weeks, we won't consider an extension unless they're prepared to reallynegotiate and come across with a reasonable offer." Insiders say Viacom President/CEO Philippe Dauman stayed in his office most of today waiting to hearfrom his TWC counterpart Glenn Britt, but the situation remains stalled. This is turning out to be Big Media brinkmanship at its most brutal with 13.3 millioncable subscribers caught in the

middle.http://www.deadlinehollyw...medy-central-off-the-air/

Time Warner does not want to pay the high licensing fee's (basically trying to increase the bottom line), Viacom just wants what they deserve...theyprovide great entertainment which TW gets to sell to you at a premium.....

everyone wants to increase profits, while cutting spending, and in the end it ends up screwing us by cutting back on quality to keep similar price......butthat is all business these days....

If they really want to see who wants to watch what they should make the channels all A la carte....let me only pay for the channels I want to watch.....I dontneed cspan or cspan book TV, MSNBC, HSN, TBS, WGN & CBC (may only be in Detroit, its a Canadian channel), UNIVISON, PAL, etc....

let me pick my 50 or 100 favorite channels and give me an adjusted bill since Time Warner wont have to pay those licensing fees for my viewing......It worksfor the "premium" channels like HBO and MAX why not for everything....

I have always hated how we get television, how many times have you sat in front of your TV and said there is nothing on....260 channels of nothing....how isthis possible???

sorry I will go update my blog
/rant

Originally Posted by FlyNY

This is just another plan by the government to dumb down the society in masses
Theyre taking down MTV2, Nickelodean..but there leaving dumb +%! BET...Im Black and i dont even watch BET regularly..After they cancelled Rap City i took that channel off my favorites. All they show now is Brotha to Brutha and Keisha Coles ghetto +%! family..No one wants to see that @$@%, and anyone that does want to see that is ignorant.
This is a plan by the government..Regardless what cable provider we choose, we cant win..
As long as they dont take away TVone (a channel that I watch) and Discovery channel im SOMEWHAT GOOD
MTV2, Comedy Central and Nick leaving will affect me the most
MTV2 is the only channel left that actually shows music nowadays
Nick at Night FTW
CC is classic
But whatever
I guess Youtube will come to use more often
So it's a "Government Conspiracy?" LOL. As if MTV and Nickelodeon's programming is vastly intellectually superior to BET's.They're all garbage.

I find it slightly ironic that Viacom, media giant money $$$+*, is complaining about Time Warner being greedy.

Back
Top Bottom