"Times Square: the worst place on earth" (NY Post)

Lol I'm not surprised

http://nypost.com/2014/07/13/tourists-hawkers-costumed-pests-overrunning-times-square/

“I see Spider-Man mugging people all the time,” he continued. “I just saw a bus guy get in a fight like five minutes ago. I’ve been punched. I’ve been spit at. There are so many things that shouldn’t be going on out here.”

A tatted-up, 5-foot-tall version of Bane, the Batman villain, grabbed a young boy’s arm, walked him away from his mother with no warning and posed with him. Bane, decked out with 4-inch platform boots and a fake hand grenade, flexed his biceps as the confused mother tried to pull her curious son away.

On one afternoon last week, The Post counted:

1 Weed Man
3 Statues of Liberty
1 Naked Cowboy
7 Naked Cowgirls
2 Topless women in blue and white body paint
3 Hello Kitties
5 Minnie Mouses
4 Elmos
5 Iron Men
2 Super Marios
1 ****-in-Boots
1 SpongeBob SquarePants
3 Minions
2 Mickey Mouses
1 Buzz Lightyear
3 Spider-Men
1 Woody
1 Jessie (“Toy Story”)
1 Hulk
2 Captain Americas
1 Bane
2 Batmen
3 Cinderellas
1 Cookie Monster
1 man covered from head to toe in gold paint
79 bus-tour salespeople
19 Broadway salespeople
16 Comedy-chow salespeople
2 Legoland salespeople

Last edited:
when i went to NYC a few years ago, my friends were enamored with Times Square...they wanted to walk around and take pics with the characters, get drinks at the ESPN Zone, grab food at the spots right there...spent like 3 hours total there...

was fine for like 30 mins but after that it was awful...
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
I hate driving through Times Sq or walking through it. Will never go eat at a restaurant around there nor would I watch a movie there.

Still no place like Times Sq. 
pimp.gif

Worst place in the city, I never go there unless I have to go to port authority.

I went to da hard rock in times square on a field trip 

Cool to go once or twice 

when i went to NYC a few years ago, my friends were enamored with Times Square...they wanted to walk around and take pics with the characters, get drinks at the ESPN Zone, grab food at the spots right there...spent like 3 hours total there...

was fine for like 30 mins but after that it was awful...
laugh.gif
mean.gif

For tourist i can see the excitement. Its like a circus in the middle of one of the most crowded places

but as a new yorker i want no parts of times square unless i have to go there

also if you carry yourself right most of the things listed above will not happen to you. people can spot tourist from a mile away

For tourist i can see the excitement. Its like a circus in the middle of one of the most crowded places
of course...my friends had never really traveled and was their first time in NYC as adults...it was sensory overload with them...

altho there is no excuse for getting drinks at ESPN Zone...
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Times Square sucks. Period. It's crowded, the food is bad, and in the summer time, it seems to be ten degrees higher than the actual temp when you get around all those people and lights. I never liked it.

Times Square sucks. Period. It's crowded, the food is bad, and in the summer time, it seems to be ten degrees higher than the actual temp when you get around all those people and lights. I never liked it.

All of this right here.

first time I went to Times Square I felt underwhelmed.

Also never in all my visits to NY going to every borough from Flatbush, Brownsville, Jamaica, Harlem, LES, south Bronx wherever have I ever had a problem. In fact ima go out on a limb and say almost every New Yorker I meet are cool as hell and helpful in every way.

Last edited:
All of this right here.

Also never in all my visits to NY going to every borough from Flatbush, Brownsville, Jamaica, Harlem, LES, south Bronx wherever have I ever had a problem. In fact ima go out on a limb and say almost every New Yorker I meet are cool as hell and helpful in every way.
Most NYers will not even pay attention to your existence let alone give you trouble unless you tick them off (even in the slightest way possible).

Ive been there once during xmas 8)

After reading ops article I want to go back even more.

All of this right here.

Thank you. There are jerks in every city, but people think everyone here is a jerk. Not the case. 

All of this right here.

Thank you. There are jerks in every city, but people think everyone here is a jerk. Not the case. 

That's what makes those "in the hood" pranks so stupid. Any beef i've had was legit, not with strangers. I will say though, the people still aren't the nicest and the diversity means **** all with the groups not really mixing/conversing. Southern states are ironically much better at that.

why even link the NY post?

Coulda typed your own mindless drivel about nothing..

Can you point out where they're wrong?

Time Square absolutely sucks. One of the biggest tourist traps out there.

Most NYers will not even pay attention to your existence let alone give you trouble unless you tick them off (even in the slightest way possible).

What a bunch of baloney :lol: this is what I get for trying to pay you guys compliments.

No wonder you dudes get washed in parking lots

It sucks to walk through there. So crowded and people walk too slow. I sit in the red chairs though if I have time to kill.

Last edited:
It sucks to walk through there. So crowded and people walk too slow.

Now this I can understand New Yorkers being pissed off about. You trying to make your way through the day and You got gumps staring at the sky

Worst thing in Times Square is when you're trying to walk and someone stops in the middle of the sidewalk (while in front of you) to snap a picture. I will never understand why tourist and or people in general can't move to the side. Anyway I avoid it at all cost.

Back
Top Bottom