Timofey Mozgov explains how shoe contracts work

Y'all illiterate ns kill me asking for cliffnotes for everything...Don't you come on a message board to read?

Good read though.

Y'all illiterate ns kill me asking for cliffnotes for everything...Don't you come on a message board to read?

Good read though.

very good read, wish i had a nike account so i can get clothes and shoes for free
frown.gif

very good read, wish i had a nike account so i can get clothes and shoes for free
frown.gif

Good read.

Back in 02-03 my mom was a nanny for an NBA player and his family. I got a pair of shoes signed from him and he gave em to me in a different box then what the shoes where. The box was a pair of Nikes that he got from the local Niketown. I dont know if Niketown does this anymore but during that time Niketown would have their own price label on the boxes. His box, just had $0.00 on it. My mom told me that she would see a bunch of boxes like that at the house and when ever he wanted shoes he would go down there and use some kind of card to purchase them.

Good read.

Back in 02-03 my mom was a nanny for an NBA player and his family. I got a pair of shoes signed from him and he gave em to me in a different box then what the shoes where. The box was a pair of Nikes that he got from the local Niketown. I dont know if Niketown does this anymore but during that time Niketown would have their own price label on the boxes. His box, just had $0.00 on it. My mom told me that she would see a bunch of boxes like that at the house and when ever he wanted shoes he would go down there and use some kind of card to purchase them.

Originally Posted by Skip0011

i've always wondered exactly how this works with guys who aren't superstars. never thought i'd finally learn from Timofey Mozgov of all people

Originally Posted by Skip0011

i've always wondered exactly how this works with guys who aren't superstars. never thought i'd finally learn from Timofey Mozgov of all people

Just from watching my favorite college team off the court, namely practice, they are afforded some great custom stuff. Shirts and logos that have never been on consumer wear is on all of this practice stuff. Getting a choice to custom make practice shirts, polos, and other various tees has to be pretty awesome.. Maybe it's easier because they are only making 20-30 of them for the entire team and not thousands for local stores. But there are gems to be seen and had by these Nike schools.

Just from watching my favorite college team off the court, namely practice, they are afforded some great custom stuff. Shirts and logos that have never been on consumer wear is on all of this practice stuff. Getting a choice to custom make practice shirts, polos, and other various tees has to be pretty awesome.. Maybe it's easier because they are only making 20-30 of them for the entire team and not thousands for local stores. But there are gems to be seen and had by these Nike schools.

It'd be kinda annoying to not be able to wear any of your favorite non-Nike sneakers. Then again you're getting $$$$$$ so whatever 
laugh.gif

It'd be kinda annoying to not be able to wear any of your favorite non-Nike sneakers. Then again you're getting $$$$$$ so whatever 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

What about Gilbert Arenas?

also, what else has the great Mozgov revealed to the public?

gil is not signed with anyone so he can wear w/e he wants

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

What about Gilbert Arenas?

also, what else has the great Mozgov revealed to the public?

gil is not signed with anyone so he can wear w/e he wants

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

laugh.gif
Do the Average Joe NBA players get actual money? I'm probably interpreting this wrong, but it seems like they get money that can only be used on Nike gear and other clothes. He does mention bonuses, but that probably goes into the same account. Do they actually get to take money out of the account, or is Nike going to cut a check to them at the end of the season or contract term?

laugh.gif
Do the Average Joe NBA players get actual money? I'm probably interpreting this wrong, but it seems like they get money that can only be used on Nike gear and other clothes. He does mention bonuses, but that probably goes into the same account. Do they actually get to take money out of the account, or is Nike going to cut a check to them at the end of the season or contract term?

Originally Posted by myselfonline

laugh.gif

From the article, I would say no but they do basically get a free sports wardrobe. Better than nothing. Nike has some good non-sports pieces too (NSW).

At first, I skipped the part about this article being translated... I was shocked this dude could express himself so well in English. Mozgov is the most incompetent interviewee in the NBA right now.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by myselfonline

laugh.gif

From the article, I would say no but they do basically get a free sports wardrobe. Better than nothing. Nike has some good non-sports pieces too (NSW).

At first, I skipped the part about this article being translated... I was shocked this dude could express himself so well in English. Mozgov is the most incompetent interviewee in the NBA right now.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I thought this was interesting. 
[h2]
[h2]Timofey Mozgov explains how shoe contracts work[/h2]

I even have a favorite model. Though they took it out of production some time ago. But now it’s available for orders again for some reason.
[/h2]
that's how you get em to line up at 1am....

Back
Top Bottom