Tips for Finishline Interview?

Just tell them what they want to hear lol
"I'm a hard worker, blah blah blah"

works for me every time
pimp.gif

tell them you work great with others and are a people person.

they're gonna look for somebody with a mouthpiece that can sell laces and shoe cleaners

yes. anything you know about shoes, forget it. literally. they wont hire you if you have even the slightest knowledge of shoes. you may even wanna take it back to forgetting their use and what laces are for. if you can adopt a kind of brand new mystique about yourself in the next 2 days, and look of wonderment like everything amazes you, that will be a plus. develop a love for crocs. oh and practice in the mirror saying that the '$20 reward can be used on ABSOLUTELY everything in the store!' oh and 'there are exclusions'. you must whisper that part tho or it doesn't count. aside from that, you should be in pretty good shape. when customers come in and ask for stuff, you must be willing to run around the storage room for a minimum of 20 minutes looking for unmarked boxes only to find out the shoe does not exist. then you must then have the intestinal fortitude to find a completely unrelated item two sizes smaller to take to the customer as a substitute. Unfortunately that's one of those innate abilities that only the chosen few are born with. Good Luck brother.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

tell them you work great with others and are a people person.

they're gonna look for somebody with a mouthpiece that can sell laces and shoe cleaners

qft. this was exactly what i was looking for when i interviewed ppl for fnl

Don't take the job unless its manager, stock person, or maybe just maybe assistant manager.

Place sucks and expects u to sell shoe protector and socks to every single customer that buys shoes. Its a joke, they could care less if u know how to sell the most shoes, they want you to sell laces and scuff sticks, make you give stupid demonstrations about insoles. it was a good while ago since I worked there, but when I did it was a sucker job. Manager was always cutting my hours and making me work weekend nights because I didn't give a **$% about selling waterproofer and shoe cleaner.

The stock room was always a mess, I looked like a fool telling people we had sizes then coming back and being like, I can't find it...or when we have their size on display and the other shoe is straight up missing. but be assured the week that the district manager is visiting the whole place is spotless and every box is in the right place and the managers are so fake in front of their higher ups.

They don't realize that the only reason people are working there is the discount and the reserving your pairs incentive.

why do they only care about selling everythiny that helps a shoe like force fields and shoe cleaner?Why don't they like people who actually know about sneakers??

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Don't take the job unless its manager, stock person, or maybe just maybe assistant manager.

Place sucks and expects u to sell shoe protector and socks to every single customer that buys shoes. Its a joke, they could care less if u know how to sell the most shoes, they want you to sell laces and scuff sticks, make you give stupid demonstrations about insoles. it was a good while ago since I worked there, but when I did it was a sucker job. Manager was always cutting my hours and making me work weekend nights because I didn't give a **$% about selling waterproofer and shoe cleaner.

The stock room was always a mess, I looked like a fool telling people we had sizes then coming back and being like, I can't find it...or when we have their size on display and the other shoe is straight up missing. but be assured the week that the district manager is visiting the whole place is spotless and every box is in the right place and the managers are so fake in front of their higher ups.

They don't realize that the only reason people are working there is the discount and the reserving your pairs incentive.
Thanks for this, but I need the job.

^ shoes sell themselves. no skill is needed.

you make like 300% profit off of accessories. (most of the insoles and cleaners do work btw)

it goes something like this: fnl buys a shoe that retails at $100. they pay 50 for it. overhead + everything is $40 per shoe. so that leaves you with a $10 profit.

they pay $5 for insoles that have a msrp of $20 = $15 profit.

its way more complicated that. but thats the general idea.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Thanks for this, but I need the job.

Bro, it is what you make it. Don't listen to all the negative stuff.

Originally Posted by kevi

why do they only care about selling everythiny that helps a shoe like force fields and shoe cleaner?Why don't they like people who actually know about sneakers??
because they make more off the little accessories and things
when i was at sports authority we had to sell insurance policies for our shoes
sick.gif
i felt like a dirtbag every time i sold one

I worked at FNL for a year before I quit and started working at Foot Locker
pimp.gif

You don't need to dress anything too fancy, just wear a polo, some khaki shorts and some clean kicks that Finish Line carries.

They will ask you some BS questions like what 3 things you are good at and 3 things you aren't so good at. Just tell them you are good at talking to people and you are persuasive (so you can sell their stupid cleaners and insoles).

They asked me if my friends asked me for my discount if I would give it to them. Just say if the policy is that you can't, then you have no intention of breaking the rules.

I think that is really all you need to know. If your manager is cool, you will enjoy the job. My manager was an %*% so I hated it.

Back
Top Bottom