Tips on buying a phone on craigslist? Vol. Hammer stay tucked.

I do a lot of craigslist transactions but I've never purchased a phone before. The reason I'm asking for tips is because my cousin bought a phone on craigslist and it turned out to be stolen and was shut off within a week or so. Insight please :nerd:

If it's one of those phone. Have the person meet you at that cell carriers store so they can do the swap. I had all good experiences selling/ buying GSM phones on craigslist.

I do a lot of craigslist transactions but I've never purchased a phone before. The reason I'm asking for tips is because my cousin bought a phone on craigslist and it turned out to be stolen and was shut off within a week or so. Insight please :nerd:

If the phone is for Verizon or sprint meet them at a retail store so they can check weather it's been stolen or not. As for tmobile and AT&T.. I don't think it matters. They can restore the phone and put their own sim card in and start using it.

just buy a beeper, no reason to live in fear.

I can only send them photos of a hammer :smh: As well, the phone is gonna be T-Mobile. Since that's the case, I shouldn't be worried? This phone will not be for me, it is a gift.

I can only send them photos of a hammer :smh: As well, the phone is gonna be T-Mobile. Since that's the case, I shouldn't be worried? This phone will not be for me, it is a gift.

IMEI can still be blocked for Tmobile. Like others have said, have em meet you at a retail store so they can check it out to see if there's still payments on the phone or not. Tmo also has a checker

http://www.t-mobile.com/verifyIMEI.aspx

just make sure to double check if it's the right one when you get it in person.

IMEI can still be blocked for Tmobile. Like others have said, have em meet you at a retail store so they can check it out to see if there's still payments on the phone or not. Tmo also has a checker

http://www.t-mobile.com/verifyIMEI.aspx

just make sure to double check if it's the right one when you get it in person.
thata not gonna do ****. they can block the imei afterwards. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom