Tips on dealing with stage freight/being nervous?

I was at a lyricist lounge last night and foolishly jumped in a cypher :lol: long story short, I froze up and did horribly, DJ grabbed the mic and basically called me wack. :lol: even though I'm good at writing, I think the pressure of being in front of people and performing messes me up completely, smh haven't felt embarrassed like that in a long time. Anybody have any tips?

Honestly the only advice I have is that you have to be so well prepared and confident in your talent that there's no reason to be nervous. This is not nearly the same thing you went through but I remember in college taking a speech class or anytime I had to do a presentation in general in other classes I would be super nervous especially when I was winging it but anytime I really did the research and really put some effort into the project I'd still be a little nervous but the fact that I knew what I was talking about got me through

This you?

8+Mile+Lyckty.png

Honestly the only advice I have is that you have to be so well prepared and confident in your talent that there's no reason to be nervous. This is not nearly the same thing you went through but I remember in college taking a speech class or anytime I had to do a presentation in general in other classes I would be super nervous especially when I was winging it but anytime I really did the research and really put some effort into the project I'd still be a little nervous but the fact that I knew what I was talking about got me through
anytime I have to do a speech for any of my classes I take a shot. 

relaxes you. 

I was at a lyricist lounge last night and foolishly jumped in a cypher
laugh.gif
long story short, I froze up and did horribly, DJ grabbed the mic and basically called me wack.
laugh.gif
even though I'm good at writing, I think the pressure of being in front of people and performing messes me up completely, smh haven't felt embarrassed like that in a long time. Anybody have any tips?
Honestly it takes guts to even get up there in front of everybody prepared to deliver. I wouldn't have even made it that far. Can you start a little smaller, say in front of your family/friends?

My social anxiety is crazy. In college I had to take a couple of shots of Jack to be able to deliver an oral presentation. Hats off to you for even having the courage to get up there.

I'm sure if you ready testimonials from now famous comedians and performers, you'll find similar stories of stage fright.

Practice what you're going to say and deliver it YOUR way. Preparation allows you to easily wing it if you suddenly get lost.

Also speak with confidence as if it's to everyone in the room's benefit to hear every word you're about to say.

I use to practice in front of a mirror when i had to give a speech in school. Now when I have to give a presentation at work, i practice while i'm in the shower. 

Just move forward with confidence famb.

The worst is already over. You failed and got kicked off stage, mic taken away from you, called wack, etc.

The only way to go now is up.. be confident that you can do better than you did before and don't question yourself.

Remember- everyone watching is a person too, they ain't got the guts to do what you're doing. And if they're fellow artists who do the same thing, they know what boat you're in. Ain't nobody higher than you that you should feel scared of.

Practice but I'm not good at following speeches I rehearsed beforehand. I usually just wing it

This is it. If your knowledgeable on whatever you are speaking about or spitting about then no matter how many people are around you, it won't phase you. Knowledge breeds confidence every damn time. It's undefeated.

i actually like public speaking lol. I was on the speech and debate team in my hs. I like dat ****

But real talk op. Think of it like this....those people who are watching you....they will forget you. If you do HORRIBLE....they will forget you. you are not that important to them lol. BUT......if you do well.....they will remember you.

Most of the people in front of you....you will never see again for the rest of your life. So no matter what their opinion is about your performance.....it does not matter.

If you are doing something in front of people, its not about them, its about you.

you gonna be layin in bed at night can't sleep thinking bout damn they laughed at me

or you gonna be layin in bed at night can't sleep thinking bout " **** them i did that ****

do dat **** dog lol.

take a couple swigs of some courage juice then you're good to go

Just stare at the back wall. Looks like you're connecting with the audience but feels like an empty room.

Back
Top Bottom