Tips On Marketing Your Website and Building Your Brand? Entrepreneurs, Weigh In

So I've recently decided to try building an online business selling vintage clothes, mostly related to sports. So far I have an eBay site and an Instagram with my wares on it but I'm having trouble actually moving products as quickly as Id want.

Anyone who's built a brand before, what are your tips for moving product? Is a BigCartel site better than ebay?

i feel ya… i was essentially making a thread about that about brand marketing/businesss. i think we are on the wrong forum bro. pm me cuz I'm interested in this as well. i checked a few books from my school library but haven't had the chance to throughly read them. i pm me as i learn more

It's easier said than done. What makes your site stand out?

I would start with professional grade pictures and have friends model the pieces to tell your audience what they can wear with.

I would start your own site. Register at Go Daddy is pretty cheap. At least write about the history of the stuff you're selling to engage your audience.

You also need to do something to retain and gain new audience ie have contests to give away pieces.

It's a tough market to break into for sure.

I would start with professional grade pictures and have friends model the pieces to tell your audience what they can wear with.

I would start your own site. Register at Go Daddy is pretty cheap. At least write about the history of the stuff you're selling to engage your audience.

You also need to do something to retain and gain new audience ie have contests to give away pieces.

I appreciate the perspective, thank you.  I'm not really able to afford the dope photography just yet but that's definitely the next move.

Last edited:
if you're not creating a product, don't worry about on marketing... just sell what you have asap

Last edited:

I appreciate the perspective, thank you.  I'm not really able to afford the dope photography just yet but that's definitely the next move.

yo, at least to start, do it yourself! you can get a competent camera pretty cheap, just having good pictures could set you apart (and as mentioned, having someone model them is a good idea). that way if/when you get to the point you when you can bring in a pro picture maker you will have some understanding & can build on it.

if you're not creating a product, don't worry about on marketing... just sell what you have asap

Basically what i was going to say.
The best way to sell your product, is to sell your product.
Any and every site you can post up and sell your stuff, do it.

I wouldnt worry about websites if u are concerned about the rate of sales right now just based off of ebay.
Build you clientele. They will continue to shop with you and bring you more clients.

I work in sales..
Domestic and international.

Last edited:
You need to invest money to make money, my friend.

You don't need to go out and buy expensive equipment from the start. Technology has evolved quite a bit in the last decade. Good cameras, esp used ones, can be had for cheap. You can improvise in the mean time, ie using a white wall or use natural lighting.

If you don't believe in your company to invest in it yourself and take that initial leap of faith, no one else will.

I wish you success.

Super Bumpppppppp !!!!! :smokin :smokin :smokin

Where are all the creative minds ?? :nthat: :nthat:

Lets get them juices flowing, time to build !! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: #factsss

-Much Luv, Stay Freshhh & Goodluck Nt bros !! :smokin :smokin :smokin

Good luck Koudie. If anyone
I was gonna PM you but I Just checked your page, and there's only 670?
nerd.gif
instagram.com/allfails I should have posted it lol.

If you need someone to promote your page hmu. I got an IG page with over 20k followers lol.

good looking, that's freshh !! def a good look :smokin :smokin

instagram.com/allfails I should have posted it lol.

I have my personal page with 5k ... i'll be making a separate page for my music.

i'll most def appreciate some additional followers :pimp: :pimp:

I'll pm you, if your still willing to help a Nter out lol

- Much luv, Stay Freshhh !! :smoki :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
good looking, that's freshh !! def a good look
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I have my personal page with 5k ... i'll be making a separate page for my music.

i'll most def appreciate some additional followers
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'll pm you, if your still willing to help a Nter out lol

- Much luv, Stay Freshhh !! :smoki
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
Pm we'll probably be able to work something out lol

Back
Top Bottom