Tips or advice for purchasing an engagement ring?

Need some expertise in buying an engagement ring. Do's and don'ts. I'm thinking a carrat in a halo setting, but I wanna get the best deal I can. I feel like most of the jewlers have talked to try to take advantage of first timers. Any NT'ers been down this road?

Need some expertise in buying an engagement ring. Do's and don'ts. I'm thinking a carrat in a halo setting, but I wanna get the best deal I can. I feel like most of the jewlers have talked to try to take advantage of first timers. Any NT'ers been down this road?

nerd.gif
ill be watching this thread

don't go to any store in the mall.

not all diamonds are the same, make sure you evaluate it.

i recently bought one. when to a recommended jeweler. we looked at 5 different diamonds all roughly the same size, compared, and then we mutually agreed on one.

just because it has a certain grade, make sure you inspect it.

don't go to any store in the mall.

not all diamonds are the same, make sure you evaluate it.

i recently bought one. when to a recommended jeweler. we looked at 5 different diamonds all roughly the same size, compared, and then we mutually agreed on one.

just because it has a certain grade, make sure you inspect it.

instead of going to some cheesy mall jeweler i did a lot of online research to make sure i was getting the best quality for the best price. 

i had tried the chains (jared, kay, etc) but they were pushy and suggested things that i didnt like

first step is to find the right jeweler, not someone thats just trying to make a buck.  one site that helped a lot was pricescope.com.  through them i was able to find a small reputable jeweler in my area (if youre in the DMV it was Quest Jewelers).  a lot of people on the site raved about them.  i got my ring completely custom made and was 100% satisfied (and so was my wife)  they were very professional, affordable and most importantly very personable.  to top that off they have an annual sale where most everything is 50% off so we took advantage of that and got our wedding bands

if you can find the right jeweler the rest is pretty easy.  they should be accommodating and listen to your wants and needs while still being able to work your budget...

just make sure you do your research...this is a once in a lifetime thing and you want to make it perfect

instead of going to some cheesy mall jeweler i did a lot of online research to make sure i was getting the best quality for the best price. 

i had tried the chains (jared, kay, etc) but they were pushy and suggested things that i didnt like

first step is to find the right jeweler, not someone thats just trying to make a buck.  one site that helped a lot was pricescope.com.  through them i was able to find a small reputable jeweler in my area (if youre in the DMV it was Quest Jewelers).  a lot of people on the site raved about them.  i got my ring completely custom made and was 100% satisfied (and so was my wife)  they were very professional, affordable and most importantly very personable.  to top that off they have an annual sale where most everything is 50% off so we took advantage of that and got our wedding bands

if you can find the right jeweler the rest is pretty easy.  they should be accommodating and listen to your wants and needs while still being able to work your budget...

just make sure you do your research...this is a once in a lifetime thing and you want to make it perfect

Back
Top Bottom