Tips to make your life at home that much easier Vol.1

Put your kitchen sink sponge in the microwave for 1 to 1.5 minutes to kill bacteria. Rinse it our thoroughly before putting in mic.

it's actually better to smash on a leather couch than a fabric couch. with a leather couch, you just wipe after you're done.

it's actually better to smash on a leather couch than a fabric couch. with a leather couch, you just wipe after you're done.

toss a lime in the sink disposal and switch it on, keep the sink and kitchen smelling great

toss a lime in the sink disposal and switch it on, keep the sink and kitchen smelling great

Originally Posted by bkmac

I couldn't give you an actual reason why I'm making this thread, but the idea popped into my mind, so just go with it.

Whether our home is still with our parents, on our own, with a roommate or even a spouse, let's list some tips to make our lives at home that much easier. Here are some I can think of at the moment:

-Double-bag your (kitchen) garbage can. That way, when it's time to throw out garbage, you have a new trash bag already in the can.

-Sunlight > light-bulbs. Try having your overhead lights/lamps on only when it's necessary. It's a money saver without them constantly on.
-Organize mail, important papers, etc. Keep manila envelopes at your disposal to organize those papers you will eventually need to find/use.

I do somethin kinda similar, I stole the trick from Quintana the cleanin lady at my job. She just leaves the whole roll of bags in the bottoms of the cans at our desks. If she doesnt have the bags as rolls she just puts like 10 bags at the bottom of the already double bagged can.

I also buy the big 6 pound roll of hamburger meat cut it up into 6 1lb portions and throw em in freezer bags, alot cheaper than buying a few things of hamburger meat at a time

I freeze my extra milk and bread, and Im about to start trying some of this super couponing stuff. Females go in with their coupons buy like 600 bucks worth a food and with the coupons they end up paying like $50. I was behind this lady last month and she did  this, when I saw her old @+% bust out her checkbook and tons of coupons I immediately had the stone face, yall know how long it takes for old people to write checks and redeem coupons, Then when I seen her final total I gave her the
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. She gave me the 
eyes.gif
and clutched her purse tho.

I couldn't give you an actual reason why I'm making this thread, but the idea popped into my mind, so just go with it.

Whether our home is still with our parents, on our own, with a roommate or even a spouse, let's list some tips to make our lives at home that much easier. Here are some I can think of at the moment:

-Double-bag your (kitchen) garbage can. That way, when it's time to throw out garbage, you have a new trash bag already in the can.

-Sunlight > light-bulbs. Try having your overhead lights/lamps on only when it's necessary. It's a money saver without them constantly on.
-Organize mail, important papers, etc. Keep manila envelopes at your disposal to organize those papers you will eventually need to find/use.

I do somethin kinda similar, I stole the trick from Quintana the cleanin lady at my job. She just leaves the whole roll of bags in the bottoms of the cans at our desks. If she doesnt have the bags as rolls she just puts like 10 bags at the bottom of the already double bagged can.

I also buy the big 6 pound roll of hamburger meat cut it up into 6 1lb portions and throw em in freezer bags, alot cheaper than buying a few things of hamburger meat at a time

I freeze my extra milk and bread, and Im about to start trying some of this super couponing stuff. Females go in with their coupons buy like 600 bucks worth a food and with the coupons they end up paying like $50. I was behind this lady last month and she did  this, when I saw her old @+% bust out her checkbook and tons of coupons I immediately had the stone face, yall know how long it takes for old people to write checks and redeem coupons, Then when I seen her final total I gave her the
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. She gave me the 
eyes.gif
and clutched her purse tho.

-For those who are on Team Beard, or want to be, when shaving, use enough paper towels to cover your bathrooms sink and countertop (if you have one big enough that it needs to be covered). This way, the tiniest of hairs from your face and neck will be caught by the paper towels, and not your sink or around the sink which makes it harder to clean.

-For those who are on Team Beard, or want to be, when shaving, use enough paper towels to cover your bathrooms sink and countertop (if you have one big enough that it needs to be covered). This way, the tiniest of hairs from your face and neck will be caught by the paper towels, and not your sink or around the sink which makes it harder to clean.

Or simply place a towel over the sink..

Or simply place a towel over the sink..

Great thread.

- keep a notepad in your bed or on your nightstand...when you wake up in the morning write down goals you want to accomplish for the day...some of which will help you achieve some mid-range goals (months) that will help you achieve long term goals (years). No matter what it is...reading a chapter in a book, doing a certain errand, whatever...it shouldnt be something like brush your teeth because thats a given but def. something that will help you out in the future. never underestimate the power of a simple notepad.

Great thread.

- keep a notepad in your bed or on your nightstand...when you wake up in the morning write down goals you want to accomplish for the day...some of which will help you achieve some mid-range goals (months) that will help you achieve long term goals (years). No matter what it is...reading a chapter in a book, doing a certain errand, whatever...it shouldnt be something like brush your teeth because thats a given but def. something that will help you out in the future. never underestimate the power of a simple notepad.

take 10 minutes a day to clean up something. no matter what it is, that way you dont end up with a disaster area that ends up taking you 2 hours to clean up later

take 10 minutes a day to clean up something. no matter what it is, that way you dont end up with a disaster area that ends up taking you 2 hours to clean up later

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Great thread.

I do something like this at work actually. I get so much stuff to do it gets overwhelming pretty often. I found that by writing down everything and crossing things off as I go keeps me moving without getting bogged down. Sucks when I have to add 5 things to that list after I just finished 1 thing though.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Great thread.

I do something like this at work actually. I get so much stuff to do it gets overwhelming pretty often. I found that by writing down everything and crossing things off as I go keeps me moving without getting bogged down. Sucks when I have to add 5 things to that list after I just finished 1 thing though.

My house used to get ridiculously hot in the summer. Tinted the living room windows and put curtains up, the AC doesn't have to be turned on nearly as high, now.

Make a designated keys/wallet/etc space so you don't have to be in a mad dash in the morning looking for your stuff before school/work.

My house used to get ridiculously hot in the summer. Tinted the living room windows and put curtains up, the AC doesn't have to be turned on nearly as high, now.

Make a designated keys/wallet/etc space so you don't have to be in a mad dash in the morning looking for your stuff before school/work.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

You can freeze bread. So when the good isht is on sale buy two or three and just throw the extra ones in the freezer.

Then you just thaw and eat?  That wet toilet paper sounds stupid gross.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

You can freeze bread. So when the good isht is on sale buy two or three and just throw the extra ones in the freezer.

Then you just thaw and eat?  That wet toilet paper sounds stupid gross.

Back
Top Bottom