Tire help !! 245 40 20 -up or down - older tires as well

If it matters I have a 2011 cts coupe rwd

my current tires are 245 40 20 on my aftermarket rims, can I go up or down on any of those numbers? I understand the 20 is the rim size so that stays, what about the other two numbers?

Also, I found a full set of blizzaks brand new 245 40 20 on ebay, but the listing says they are from 2009 but never used..... Is this something to stay away from or is it ok to purchase and use?

Thank you for your expertise!

----------

Forgot to add, these are winter tires that I plan on purchasing

tires from 09 would not be a good thing to purchase old and dry rotted could lead to a blow out /damaged rim/damage to fenders . tires actually have the date they were manufactured on them . 245 would be width on the tire an 40 would be the thickness of the sidewall . 20 is the rim diameter . rim widths would help . is a staggered set up (wider wheels in the front compared to the rear) also if u rolling a caddy with wheels shouldnt cheap out .

Yea don't get old new tires. That's like ballin in dead stock old sneaks. I think the shelf life is 6 years? An nter made a thread about those dangers

As long as all four wheels are the exact same size, is it ok to mix and match brands? I noticed a paired auction of a Pirelli snow tire, and then another separate auction for a different tread Pirelli snow tire... Both sets are the exact same sizes so I think it would work... Any help?

Back
Top Bottom