Tired of Comic Book Blockbusters

i know i am not the only one, but when i was coming up the idea of actually super-hero was more than just comic books, it was cop-badguy films, or originial idea sci-fy like
terminator, demolition man, die hard, mission impossible, i know some are based on books and some are actual original screen-plays, but whatever im tired of comic-book movies.

i know alot of you are gonna disagree, but come on Ben affleck is about to kill off the tier 0 comic book character, i think Hollywood agrees? do you?

yea, i don't care for them either, but then again i'm not really interested in a majority of the big movies that come out every year

I still love super-hero films i just prefer when people come up with something original.

I thought Chronicle was a great movie and I loved every bit of it. I wish hollywood would do films like that more often. :rolleyes

It seems like a lot but they are just a small percentage of all the other stuff there. I'm more tired of those really bad ghost/horror movies that they like to make.

I still love super-hero films i just prefer when people come up with something original.

I thought Chronicle was a great movie and I loved every bit of it. I wish hollywood would do films like that more often. :rolleyes

Never watched it, i'll check it out. I liked the film Hancock more than 75% of the superhero movies i've watched over the years.

Never get tired of comic book movies. Way past tired of cheesy comic book movies.

The conundrum for studios is do they stick to the comics' stories and appease to the comic book nerds or produce for the masses. I believe there's a true to comic-movie that's waiting to be made and will provide the big money.

Agreed. The genre is overdone and it affirms the belief that Hollywood is running out of ideas based on the frequency at which they're churned out. Too bad they are easy money makers. Overall, the genre has more misses than hits since Blade and X-Men really kicked the comic movie thing into full gear.

My problem isn't comic movies, it's reboots due to the first and second attempts being so lame and not really sticking to the script with regard to the source material. So what we end up with is all these different Batmen, Supermen, X-men and Spidermen movies every couple of years that never get the "universe" that the stories take place in moving beyond origins and boring sequels that go nowhere with regard to developing the characters. Given all of the time that studios outside of Marvel have had, Wesley Snipes as Blade should have crossed over and been in a movie with one of the Spiderman actors by now (forgetting that he did a bid). I'm rambling, but my point is Hollywood is screwing up the opportunity to make interesting stories in a worl world where there doesn't have to be one hero and one villain.

I think GOtG is about to change the game and Marvel is about to leave DC in the dust with the way they're bringing out a larger stage and all of these different factions in one movie.

My problem isn't comic movies, it's reboots due to the first and second attempts being so lame and not really sticking to the script with regard to the source material. So what we end up with is all these different Batmen, Supermen, X-men and Spidermen movies every couple of years that never get the "universe" that the stories take place in moving beyond origins and boring sequels that go nowhere with regard to developing the characters. Given all of the time that studios outside of Marvel have had, Wesley Snipes as Blade should have crossed over and been in a movie with one of the Spiderman actors by now (forgetting that he did a bid). I'm rambling, but my point is Hollywood is screwing up the opportunity to make interesting stories in a worl world where there doesn't have to be one hero and one villain.

I think GOtG is about to change the game and Marvel is about to leave DC in the dust with the way they're bringing out a larger stage and all of these different factions in one movie.

I agree with you. Get it right the first time and stopping relying on reboots to artificially hype people up again.

That said, I'd like if there were more non-white superhero movies. I would also like more darker movies(when its true to the comic anyway) a la Batman.

Last edited:
I love comic book movies, at least the newer ones and not the horrible versions from the early 2000s and such. 

Man of Steel, the Amazing Spiderman, Kick A** 2 all were on point. 

I hardly have any interest in these comic book super hero movies. If they're just a really good movie I'll watch it tho, like dark knight.

But as long as they keep being an easy money maker I don't see the trend slowing down

Last edited:
Not tired because most of the comic book movies from the past weren't that good.

There are still good original sci-fi and action movies being made.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom