To all the NBA heads who go to games...

Originally Posted by bruza

The Alamodome was terrible as a basketball arena.
I believe it. Didn't they only take up half the stadium for the basketball configuration?
nerd.gif
I recall there being a large banner that was used to section things off.

Yeah that was used because inside is made for a damn football field
laugh.gif
. It didn't even get that loud because of all the empty space. The part that was good was behind that section there were concessions, a kids areaand stuff like that to go during halftime. The Spurs are much better off w/ what they have now though.

out of staples, the united center, madison square garden, american airlines center (dallas) and continentalizod arena (jersey), and whatever they call the one in d.c. (i lost track)..

i'd pick chi-town. best fans, beer, cheerleaders, and luxury boxes. what more could you need?

Madison square garden is my favorite

Just the court being the center of attention and the crowd being blacked out is cool to me

Izod (meadowlands for the people going there forever now) is a pain to get to and leave from but it is a nice little arena

Sure there is rarely a sellout but I am like airjordan jb 23 when it comes to that place because I have been there for so long with the nets

Wacovia in philly is good also

I say thats where the real fans sit. You meet alot of people who know the game and will actually sit and watch (there are alot of people at Staples that literally just go to be seen or to hang out in the hallways). View aint great but the atmosphere is good.
Real Talk. I hate it when I sit in the 200's and people are just standing up blocking your view to get food every other minute. You are thereto watch a game, not eat a load of hot dogs.
eyes.gif

I go to the 'Izod Center every other day...I love that arena because I've been going there for so long. Its like my second home.

Best I think is MSG though, great arena.

Yeah I would have to agree with all of this, I go to alot of Net games as well, but there's nothing like MSG.

I've also been to Wachovia Center(or whatever they're callin it nowadays in Philly)
American Airlines Arena in Dallas(Mavs) and Miami (CHeat)
Fleet Center Boston
The Q- Cleveland
The formerly named O-rena(not sure what the current name is, but it will always be that to me) Orlando
United Center- Chicago
Target Center- Minneapolis
The Palace - Auburn Hills, Mi. (Pistons)

that's all that I can remember right now...outside of MSG I probably liked Dallas the most, Miami was kool but the fans were so blaze' until the veryend when Wade started gettin' Phantom calls and the CHeat came back, before that it was a mortuary and it was a fairly Big game...

Only arena that I have been to is US Airways Center (formally America West Arena). Family has had season tickets for 8 yrs now so we have gotten to know thepeople around us and they are all really cool. They have been remodeling the arena for what seems like forever but it was much needed. The atmosphere is greatbut the only bad part is now that we are doing well the arena is filled with all the fair weather fans that were no where to be found during the 01 02 season.

you guys act like laker games at staples are pitch black except for the lights on the court. its actually bright as hell in there, tv makes it look a lotdarker than it actually is.

you guys act like laker games at staples are pitch black except for the lights on the court. its actually bright as hell in there, tv makes it look a lot darker than it actually is.
It's still really dark, as much as it makes you feel like you are at the forum, I still don't like it...
They should just bring back the lights!!

I don't mean to threadjack but can someone help me out?? Im planning on going to a Miami Heat game soon and I was wondering if the seats in section 101/124are any good?
american_airlines_arena_fl_3.gif

I've only been to Jazz games, but it gets loud as hell in there. I was at a game that was maybe 3/4 full, but It sounded like playoff time in there.

Oracle arena (gs warriors), american airlines arena(miami heat). worst probably is arco arena. sac probably has one of the best fans but definitely worstarena.
smh.gif
smh.gif

The only arena i ever been to was the Toyota Center.

Against Phoenix - Medium Full, 3/4 full lower bowl
Against New Orleans - A lot of empty seats in the lower bowl
Against Detriot - A little less than Medium, 1/2 full in lower bowl
Against Los Angeles - A little under packed
Agaisnt Philadelphia - like new orleans
Agaisnt Utah in the playoffs - packed

Design wise, it is really nice, really nice seats all around the upper section.
I sat at the lower bowl, probably 3-4 rolls behind the houston bench couple years back against the lakers cause we moved down and was it balling.

Atmosphere wise, houston fans dont know how to cheer at all. Only during playoffs were there ever a time when the crowd was actually into it.

Oracle Arena in Oakland has nothing on Arco Arena in Sacramento when it comes to enviroment. I about 85% of these Golden State "fans" were no whereto be found in February and March last year when GS was 10+ games out of the playoff race. Only when going to Warriors playoff games vs the Mavs became thetrendy thing to do in the bay area did Oracle Arena develop an "atmosphere". Arco Arena (although just ended last week) had the longest selloutstreak in the NBA dating back to 1999. The fans are incredibly intelligent NBA watchers, and provide a true home court advantage to the team (regardless ofwin/loss reord). As far as quality of arenas go, Arco is god awful. The best I've been to is Atlanta's, however Staples is quite nice as well.

^ i ususally go to 2-4 games a year at Arco and the last 3 years it hasn't seem sold out or packed at all...like maybe only 60-75% of the time. So whatexactly counts as a sell out? i usually went to some decent games also.

its not the izod arena i can tell u that much...
my vote goes to the garden....no atmosphere like that anywhere in the world, such a rich history

I've been to three arenas:

Staples Center: Awesome arena, new, well designed, but expensive as !#%* for tickets
Oracle Arena: Sat courtside here a couple of times and loved it, alot louder than staples, good entertainment
Meadowlands (nets) arena: Compared to the two above this, I felt the nets arena was complete garbage. Small but not intimate. Seemed really outdated.

I think where you sit has a big influence. My games at the Oracle arena were the most memorable, probably due to being so damn close. At Staples I sat prettyclose, like 6 rows back, while at the Nets game I was in the corner and about 26 rows back. My dream in life is to make enough money to own courtside ticketsto my local basketball team.

Back
Top Bottom