To ALL the NT'ers that use Facebook from 2003-2009 .......was it awesome?....better?....worse?

I dk its all the same to me, more cluttered definitely now

Seems to me the people changed more so than the site. The thirst for 'likes' and approval has never been higher imo :smh:

I agree with OP. I started using it in 2007 my freshman year of college. Sounds corny but it felt cool being on a site that was somewhat limited to select people. Wasn't so much the limited factor but it was a lot more simple and easy/fun to use and look at back then.

I also liked how it wasn't all gimmicky like myspace. I liked how you had to use your name and didn't get to use corny nicknames like "#1 Hustler" or "Baddest Bish" or etc that were prevalent on myspace. Once FB eased off on that and allowed fake names/nicknames, I knew it was a wrap :smh:

Also agreed on invites being to actual campus parties/events and not some dumb club invite or mixtape party haha.

LMAO, thats hilarious because 03 is when i opened my account and 09 is when i closed it lmao, i wouldnt be able to tell you how it was compared to any other time outside of that 6yr span, i definitely got on a ton of bad chicks via facebook from 07-09 tho

Honesty Box was wack. I stopped messing with FB when they started launching all of those games, gimmicks, and ads. :x

In its prime, Myspace's "browse by.... age, city, ethnicity" options > *

back in 07 this was the mecca for finding yams in yo city that didnt go to your school also was a goldmine for finding chicks that went to yo college you never seen.
then regular people with jobs or just random dwellers got it and it became the ratchetness it is now :smh: RIP facebook 2004-2008

wow, i guess it was the same experience for all of us, i definitely agree

Last edited by a moderator:
FB was awesome back in 03-04 because only college students had it (and mostly only students at elite colleges).

now it's just a bunch of fake accounts and teenagers acting a damn fool who don't know how to spell or use proper grammar, talking about stupid stuff.

back in 07 this was the mecca for finding yams in yo city that didnt go to your school also was a goldmine for finding chicks that went to yo college you never seen.
then regular people with jobs or just random dwellers got it and it became the ratchetness it is now :smh: RIP facebook 2004-2008

wow, i guess it was the same experience for all of us, i definitely agree
Mane the school i went to was pretty dry as far as females when i started in 05, so i went ham on the facebook bookin joints from the area schools..especially the HBCU's :evil: .....then when i transferred down to ATL i had yambs set up from facebook before i even stepped on campus :pimp:

Overall facebook used to be so simple, so easy to grab alotta chicks lowkey or without lookin "thirsty"

It was nice when you needed a .edu account to join. Then it hit its prime once the "wall" was implemented so you didn't have to go to each person's page to find out what they were doing. Once they started allowing apps to harvest your information and post what peple were doing on other people's accounts to your wall, it started taking a dive. Hopefully there will be another service (besides Google+) that can take some of the early features and cleanliness of FB and make it a desirable place to be again.
wait , so that im reading correctly.... the news feed wasn't the "main page" , you would have to manually go to someone's page and see their status's?
Yep. Just like MySpace was. I'll never forget when it came out. One of my friends had just changed his status to single before he came over. Needless to say, it was kind of awkward.

Made an account in 05 senior year. Def can't compare the new to the old because they are so much different. Definitely the 05 version was much simpler and much more private. I wouldn't mind if the new one managed to get cleaned up a bit

No wonder the stock is crashing no one seems to care about facebook anymore its become a novelty.

I stand by my belief that Facebook will crumble....nothing last forever, as soon as the masses catch on and want their privacy back, social media will dwindle. It will catch on and the cool new "fad" will be to not have a Facebook. Watch and see.

I stand by my belief that Facebook will crumble....nothing last forever, as soon as the masses catch on and want their privacy back, social media will dwindle. It will catch on and the cool new "fad" will be to not have a Facebook. Watch and see.

agree to some extent with facebook but I think twitter will only thrive if it stays the way it is. The breaking news aspect really sets it apart. From a users standpoint its more private than facebook, less information but people can still voice their opinions etc..

Man MySpace was really that @#$# it is the absolute truth that nothing will top the 05-08 years.

Facebook was actually really good too a couple years ago when it was just status updates and pictures. The "share" option for photo's and the bump whatever you commented/like to the front of everyone's feed really ruined Facebook. Nowadays you rarely see people update their status, you only see "Like if you remember this" etc.

As it should be. I still don't understand why some people post everything about their lives on Facebook. If you ever have an enemy, they won't need to work very hard to exact revenge.

Man MySpace was really that @#$# it is the absolute truth that nothing will top the 05-08 years.

Facebook was actually really good too a couple years ago when it was just status updates and pictures. The "share" option for photo's and the bump whatever you commented/like to the front of everyone's feed really ruined Facebook. Nowadays you rarely see people update their status, you only see "Like if you remember this" etc.
Very true. That stuff is very annoying. Some of those pictures that get shared by everyone are incredibly dumb.

Last edited:
Mane the school i went to was pretty dry as far as females when i started in 05, so i went ham on the facebook bookin joints from the area schools..especially the HBCU's :evil: .....then when i transferred down to ATL i had yambs set up from facebook before i even stepped on campus :pimp:
Overall facebook used to be so simple, so easy to grab alotta chicks lowkey or without lookin "thirsty"
that's the thing, famb...

"thirst" wasnt really the thing back thing... now, girls WANT guys to be thirsty to feed their ego and call guys out on it...

mackin up yambs will be ridiculous 5 years from now... smh... you will basically have to take a ticket and stand in line w/ anyone under 25... smh...

[COLOR=#red]The majority of my friends are now college graduates so I don't get invites to yung merkdogs mix tape release party.

The only thing that has changed is back in the day it used to still be creepy to openly admit you saw someones pictures they posted on Facebook, now its completely accepted. That and my 14 year old niece is now adding me on Facebook.

People are always going to find the bad in everything, FB is just an easy target now.[/COLOR]

Honesty Box was wack. I stopped messing with FB when they started launching all of those games, gimmicks, and ads. :x
In its prime, Myspace's "browse by.... age, city, ethnicity" options > *
Bolded for emphasis :wow: :pimp:

Myspace was definitely poppin senior year ('05) up to like '08.

Never, ever bothered with facebook.

MySpace was once the Mecca of yambs but yeah Facebook was great when only colleges were involved. Very easy and less cluttered.

...picture logging in with your college assigned email address into a pristine, navy blue on white haven for goal oriented, like-minded peers whose profile description you actually wanted to read. No time lines, no spam, no farmville, no annyoing instagram pics of babies and food plates. Just a bunch of college kids treading through the uncharted waters of the limitless social-networking ocean. Imagine incoming freshmen adding you, but then actually asking you genuine questions about dorm life and the yambs presenting themselves with just a few pokes. No relationship statuses, thus no drama, no advertisements, therefore, no distractions. Just simple and clean, and the college-only rule ensured that the douchebaggery and rachetness will never reach the threshold level of me wanting to delete my account.

...but nah forreal it was pretty good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom