to my korean dudes help me out.

what does "oppa" means?

because this girl keeps callin me oppa and i have no clue what it means.
thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by TuBbBbBbY

daddy?

lmao daddy?..... she calls me daddy?
laugh.gif
thats funny.

Is it "oh-bba" or is it "ah-bba"? Oh-bba means older brother coming from a female and Ah-bba means dad.

I find it funny how Koreans say "ya ya ya ya" as if writing people off mid-sentence is acceptable in their culture.

i just asked her why she called me that and her response was that she got from a korean romantic novel shows and she thinks its a cute word.

Are you older than her? At least she's not calling you ajuushii (old man) yet. If it's annoying and you don't like her you can call her ajuumaa(old woman). Could be friend zonage but I don't know enough about the culture to make that determination.

As mentioned before it's generally used for older male friends, or older brother types. If not already soon to be out of control like with Japanese wordsalready are with otaku types. Is this girl even partly Korean? If not then it doesn't matter since she's just trying to be cute.

Asians seem to be fond of using address terms which sound incestuous when translated into English.

Originally Posted by fugualarmclock

Are you older than her? At least she's not calling you ajuushii (old man) yet. If it's annoying and you don't like her you can call her ajuumaa (old woman). Could be friend zonage but I don't know enough about the culture to make that determination.

As mentioned before it's generally used for older male friends, or older brother types. If not already soon to be out of control like with Japanese words already are with otaku types. Is this girl even partly Korean? If not then it doesn't matter since she's just trying to be cute.

Asians seem to be fond of using address terms which sound incestuous when translated into English.

shes older than me, she just thinks the word is cute i talked to her about it. thanks for the responses though.
wink.gif
have a goood dayy
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom