to pay or not to pay?

what do you do when someone does a service for you, shoe repair, wash car, fix something etc., but then dont do a good job and dont deliver the service that was promised, do you still pay them or do you refuse? 

Won't pay until the job is done right. I mean it really depends. If I had a shoe repaired, I'll pay for it but if something happens a week later, I'll return it to have it fixed for free (if it's the same problem).

complain about it...then take from there. At the end of the day you not going to give your money, for which you work hard for, to someone doing a halfass job.

if the service in question is something relatively cheap (a shoe shine or car wash) and they didn't *%#% my possessions up i just pay and don't become a repeat customer.

What about when you get a cut and you not fully satisfied with what the barber did? I mean its good and all but just something about it you dont like? Its uneven on the leftside or whatever the hell it is... do you take the L?

I mean he did 90% good job. So you punish him on the 10% he didn't come through in the clutch?
I've had a couple instances I wanted to not pay my barber but I've been going to him for years.
laugh.gif

actually it was a pair of concords i wanted to get glued, cause the soles separated from the sea glow. when i walked in and i saw them from a distance i thought they looked good, but then i took a closer look and it turned out that there was glue residue all over the midsole and heel area. so i asked him, what is this?? and he said, is that not good?

are you kidding me??? there is glue all over the sides of the shoe.. so he said he'll look at it..

to me if it is still the same, i dont know if im gonna pay him. cause 12 dollars a shoe is not cheap.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

what do you do when someone does a service for you, shoe repair, wash car, fix something etc., but then dont do a good job and dont deliver the service that was promised, do you still pay them or do you refuse? 

Easy you confront them. Show them where the issue lies and either they would give you a discount or a full refund. i wouldnt show up to there place of buisness no more. Bottom line is I Wouldnt pay. i would ask to speak to the manager and say look you expect me to pay x amount of dollars for this service and you didnt even do this, now you either fix this situation or im taking my business eleswhere.

edit : sometimes you have to be confrontational to get what you want or choose a reputable place.

Back
Top Bottom