Toby Gerhart Deserves the Heisman.

Ingram is a special player, no doubt. But in my mind, there is no better player in the country than Toby Gerhart. It would be a travesty if Ingram won.
To start off, Gerhart has better numbers than ingram.
1736 yards, 26 rushing touchdowns, and 1 passing touchdown.
1540 yards or so. 16 rushing touchdowns and 3 recieving touchdowns.

Toby Gerhart is a workhorse.
In games this season, he carried the ball 27 times twice,28, 29 three times, and a carrer high in 38 against Oregon.
Ingram carried the ball 8, 10, 11,16 and 17 times.

Here is a key stat that I got from Tobyforheisman.com
Alabama went 7-0 in games where Ingram carried the ball LESS than 20 times. That doesn't sound like the impact on a team that a Heisman winner shouldmake.

Ingram was held to under 100 yards rushing 5 times this season.
Gerhart was held under 100 yards twice. Against Oregon State he had 98 yards, in a game which his team trailed 21-0 at one point. He put up two touchdows.

Alabama played a one 1-aa team, while Stanford played none.

Alabama played three teams ranked higher than the top 50 in rush defense.
Ingram posted 113 yards against florida and 3 tds.
144 yards against LSU who is allowing an average of 134 yards a game.
And He blew up against South Carolina for 246 yards and 1 touchdown.
503 yards in three games against top 50 RD's.
Or about 167 yards a game.

Stanford played 6 teams in the top 50 in rush defense.
He posted 98 rush yards against number 13 OSU and 2 tds.
Against number 19 Arizona State he rushed for 125 and 1 td.
Against # 21 Arizona, toby rushed for 123 yards and 2 tds.
# 23 California held him 136 rush yards and 4 tds.
Against Oregon, he rushed for 223 yards and 3 tds.
Against # 46 USC he rushed for 178 yards and 3 tds.
883 yards or so, and 15 rushing tds.

In the crucial time of the season, Gerhart rushed for 742 yards in the last 4 games of the season.
Ingram rushed for 394 yards.

Ingram has one key against Gerhart in which his team is 12-0 and Stanford's is 8-4.
Look at the facts, they tell you all you need to know.
Get the word out there. Toby Deserves it.
Sorry for the long read.
eyes.gif

he deserves it, but he aint goin to get it.

college football is all about QB heismans now

Yo John... I was just listening to your Christmas EP earlier tonight - did you really work with Eisley on the one track, and if so, are the chicks hot in reallife?

Um how about no

I didn't read any of that mess you posted

Nobody deserves the trophy more than CJ

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Yo John... I was just listening to your Christmas EP earlier tonight - did you really work with Eisley on the one track, and if so, are the chicks hot in real life?
You're talking about Ho Ho Hopefully I assume? Yes, we worked with them.

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Yo John... I was just listening to your Christmas EP earlier tonight - did you really work with Eisley on the one track, and if so, are the chicks hot in real life?
you guys ever play stuff from that EP live or what? also, what's good with getting arrested?
laugh.gif

they determine who wins these days by what conference you play in, so any decent player in the SEC gets a auto head start.
aside from that Ingram is doing almost the same stuff as Gerhart at 20 years old.

the Voting will go
1. Ingram
2. McCoy
3. Gerhart
4. Spiller

Craftsy21 wrote:
Originally Posted by John Ohh

Craftsy21 wrote:

you guys ever play stuff from that EP live or what? also, what's good with getting arrested?
laugh.gif

We will be playing a show which will have some songs from that ep, otherwise we don't normally play anything else other than Ho Ho Hopefully.
Don't block sidewalks when police tell you to move .
grin.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

Um how about no

I didn't read any of that mess you posted

Nobody deserves the trophy more than CJ
So 7 rushing touchdowns deserves the heisman?
Or is it the 4 kick return touchdowns?
Or the 16 total touchdowns?
laugh.gif

There is more to winning the Heisman than stats.

Unfortunately Stanford stumbled at the end of the season and finished 8-4, didn't win their conference. If you look at the winners of the Heisman Trophyin the past 20 years, all winners were on teams that at least won their conference championship.

His stats are
smokin.gif
, and Toby is
smokin.gif
IMO. However, he shouldn't get the Heisman.

Neither should Spiller. He is having a good game against GTech, but last weeks game was a disaster
smh.gif

Ingram has the stats and is on a team that won it's conference, and is headed to the BCS title game.

Alabama went 7-0 in games where Ingram carried the ball LESS than 20 times. That doesn't sound like the impact on a team that a Heisman winner should make.

And they're also undefeated in games where Ingram carried the ball MORE than 20 times.

I wouldn't be mad if Gerhart won, but it's probably going to be Ingram. He will be the best player on the best team, and has pretty good stats for theyear.

Unfortunately Stanford stumbled at the end of the season and finished 8-4, didn't win their conference. If you look at the winners of the Heisman Trophy in the past 20 years, all winners were on teams that at least won their conference championship.
Oh word?

Nope, it should go to Suh. Check out how piss poor Nebraska's offense is. Then think about how they won any games. Dude has at least 3.5 sacks tonight. He won't get it and probably won't even get an invite. They should just call it what it is- offensive player of the year award.

I think the top to contenders right now are Gerhart and Suh. Ingram like OP said had quite a few games where he underperformed, most noted last week at Auburn.Spiller has the same issues and isn't as great a rb than he is a return man. McCoy would have been my pick before the game with Nebraska but he isn'tdoing anything to help his case with these int's. Suh probably won't win it because he is a defensive player, so the only choice left to me is Toby.Sure they didn't win the conference but he has done just as much for Stanford as one player could, and his numbers are incredible and outshine anyone elseout there.

airblaster503 wrote:
I think the top to contenders right now are Gerhart and Suh. Ingram like OP said had quite a few games where he underperformed, most noted last week at Auburn. Spiller has the same issues and isn't as great a rb than he is a return man. McCoy would have been my pick before the game with Nebraska but he isn't doing anything to help his case with these int's. Suh probably won't win it because he is a defensive player, so the only choice left to me is Toby. Sure they didn't win the conference but he has done just as much for Stanford as one player could, and his numbers are incredible and outshine anyone else out there.
Exactly, You get the point that many other fans can't.
Ingram plays for a 12-0 team. That would still be 12-0 without him.
Gerhart is the most VALUABLE player in the nation, without him Stanford is a 3-9 team this season.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

CJ SPILLER DESERVES THE HEISMAN.
he is having a monster game, BUT 9 carries for 17 yards in that game last week killed his shot. If you fools continue to say Spiller should win,why don't I throw out Jaquizz Rodgers, he plays on a good team with a not so good record similar to Spiller, has great numbers that are possibly betterthan CJ's. See what I did there, both of those dudes are great backs and have done alot, but neither are at the heisman level this year

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

CJ SPILLER DESERVES THE HEISMAN.
No he doesn't.

He is in BEAST MODE tonight though
smokin.gif

If that is the case, then give it to Suh......dude is killing it tonight
smokin.gif

If your name isn't Suh then you arent the best player in the nation. Period. He is the best player and its not close, dude is unreal.

Back
Top Bottom