Todays TV ****ery.....

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

he was making people laugh at the expense of the black community. I used to watch the show and laugh ignorantly until i was enlightened by wisdom and maturity. ****ERY is exactly what that show was
It's still funny though.

Dave is a genius, but that show was a minstrel show. Straight ignorance.

I'd blame the distribution before Dave. Look at Carlos menicia, his stand-up is racially targeted. Comedy central allows this type of humor because itmakes people laugh just like chappell show.

Black people act a fool it's ****ery

White people act a fool (eg JACK-***) it's comedy

DOUBLE STANDARDS are the pillars of racism.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Black people act a fool it's ****ery

White people act a fool (eg JACK-***) it's comedy

DOUBLE STANDARDS are the pillars of racism.

OMG THANK YOU

im tired of self righteous folks swearing up and down that every time a black person tells a joke its ****ery.

OPENLY RACIST KIDS AT MY SCHOOL KNEW EVERY LINE OF THE CHAPELLE SHOW.

KATT WILLIAMS IS A !#%@ TOO.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

It doesn't have anything to do with Lil Wayne
eyes.gif

It has a lot to do with the portrayal of the culture as a whole. Basically only one side of the story is told.
I'm just using Lil Wayne as an example. He ain't a dumb guy, but as the entertainer he comes off as a less than one-dimensional andshallow character. Could be anyone who shucks and jives for a quick buck. And there's LOTS of people like that either trying to play up the book ofstereotypes in order to give an air of "realness" or make a quick buck by doing the whole Amos & Andy thing under a different guise/costume.

If you think it's cool that he (or anyone else like him) is the kind of role model kids in particular is looking up to or emulating (and there's LOTSof people who do) then it's a hopeless plea because you can't be choosy about who you target when it seems everyone's in on the act. Everyone fromthe higher ups to the performers/actors themselves, their managers and their yes men.

guns don't kill people, people kill people.

da show ain't got nuffin to do with those racist kids, they were already subscribing to a notion of white supremacy.

DAVE himself noted this as a reason for leaving, yet ya'll still arguing the obvious truth. White people found it a little too funny, and Dave realizedthat.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

DAVE himself noted this as a reason for leaving, yet ya'll still arguing the obvious truth. White people found it a little too funny, and Dave realized that.
its nothing but black folks who are ashamed of themselves. Its actually ****ery to be ashamed because the "white folks" is looking. You scared to eat chicken around white people aren't you?
/thread

you gonna call every black person in da south who eats chicken and has gold teeth cooons too?

have some pride in ya damn culture...+#@! like this tears me up inside and i ain't even black.
smh.gif
smh.gif

the +*!! (among some other stereotypical characters) are a means of potraying black people to middle america in a way that makes them feel comfortable. yall should listen to Tariq Nasheeds podcast called 'Magic Negroes.' it talks about how in hollywood , black males for the most part are confined to5 stereotypes and the reasons behind them :

the brute
the +*!!
the buck
the pimp
the 'magic negro' - the mysterious black male who often times actually has magic powers that gives the white protagonist advice and guidance so thatthey can save the day (Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty , Will Smith in Legend of Bagger Vance , Sidney Poitier in The Defiant Ones , John Coffey in The GreenMile , etc etc)

its pretty interesting

Originally Posted by Prez T

the +*!! (among some other stereotypical characters) are a means of potraying black people to middle america in a way that makes them feel comfortable . yall should listen to Tariq Nasheeds podcast called 'Magic Negroes.' it talks about how in hollywood , black males for the most part are confined to 5 stereotypes and the reasons behind them :

the brute
the +*!!
the buck
the pimp
the 'magic negro' - the mysterious black male who often times actually has magic powers that gives the white protagonist advice and guidance so that they can save the day (Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty , Will Smith in Legend of Bagger Vance , Sidney Poitier in The Defiant Ones , John Coffey in The Green Mile , etc etc)

its pretty interesting
Exactly...Iono what everybody else is on. This is the arguement.

Ninjahood, this is not about self-hate, modern day minstrelsy is not acceptable.

just watched I love new york for the first time last night....she was acting soo ignorant at this fast food job....i just kept thinking damn, she is settingblack people back!

They put it out and will continue to put it out, because we accept it and will continue to accept it.
Its just that simple.

Originally Posted by eight2one

just watched I love new york for the first time last night....she was acting soo ignorant at this fast food job....i just kept thinking damn, she is setting black people back!
Thank you.
I was suprised no one brought this up until now.

While I agree with the sentiment, learn how to spell and formulate a grammatical sentence before you try to "educate" anyone. I seriously skimmedwhat you wrote at first because I assumed the fact that you don't know how to properly communicate probably said something about the argument you wereposing.

"Chucking and jiving", for real fam?

Originally Posted by solefood229

I think we should show people that there are other aspects to black culture, and not labeling any person or thing that doesn't agree with you a +!*+, instead educate them.
I agree...people are quick to say 'so and so is shuckin and jivin' but never point out so and so doing their thing...there were the 3 guysat the awards last night that made a pact to go to college to become doctors which they did...there were the 3 people who put themselves through school, andthe guy who became the mayor of a city where the Klan marched past his grandfather's house when he (the mayor) was a child...

But people complain about who's puttin on a show for white folk instead of just pushin em out the spotlight and highlighting those who are...i guess how wewould like to be portrayed...

Ya'll so worried bout what other people think...you only help push the stereotypes...if we ignore them others will follow...

I'm sure most of ya'll in here probably loved the Chapelles Show when it was on...

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by thaisativa1

pimp.gif
@ skank robbers
laugh.gif
I've been waiting to see those two classic characters on-screen together. Both of those characters were classic before Chappelle was anybody to speak of.

expect it fall/winter 2010 will also be lookin 4 extras in norcal/socal paul mooney helpin on the writing. will let yall know a lil more on the movie.

Back
Top Bottom