58. Woodstock
59. Niagara Region
71. Waterloo Region
72. Peel Region
93. York Region
100. Caledon

laugh.gif
Saw this on the news @ 6.

damn im surprised toronto aint in the top 10... but dangerous as in what? murder rate? robbery or theft?

im surprised victoria IS on it, and chilliwack

i guess in terms of hobos and drugs BC takes it

Yea i would say the drugs and the traffic of people coming up from the states, but really toronto is that low,

^ Serious?
laugh.gif

The ratings were based on everything including Murders, Robberies, Break-Ins etc etc etc.

then ya BC takes the cake, break ins there, especially cars are horrid, most house have gates and barred windows my aunt had her plasma stolen while she was inthe house, dudes just broke in the window, took it off and peaced

edit: tho i still dont see victoria being up there? its definitely way better then vancouver

i lived in victoria, yes tehre are tons of bums but they didnt do **@#, and even still compared to like hastings and other parts of van vic aint **@#

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

roll.gif
i live in surrey. damn, are we that well-known across canada?
roll.gif

why the hell is surrey that known for car-jackings... thats all i think about when i think about surrey

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

roll.gif
i live in surrey. damn, are we that well-known across canada?
roll.gif

why the hell is surrey that known for car-jackings... thats all i think about when i think about surrey

it's not as bad as it used to be, but cars used to get jacked left right and centre around here. malls, school parking lots, you name it. vandalism isanother issue as well. i remember one new years where i decided to park my car outside my buddy's house because i was too drunk to drive home. i took a cabhome, got a phone call a couple hours later with some dude telling some punks threw a brick through my car window.
mad.gif
and we have lots of hookers here as well.

i used to work at an insurance agency and was surprised that in 2004 or 2005 there were 29,000 cars stolen in bc
thats freaking a lot of cars when you think of the population lol
and break ins? man my friend got his car broken in 4 time at his apartment parking lot that's locked and all
the apartment wont pay for the dmg and he was so pissed that his $650 alarm didnt work very well and got STOLEN TOO!! lol
and i think surrey maybe counted as vancouver...
lets say if you live in surrey, you tell ppl outside of vancouver that you live in vancouver, right?
its like someone from north york tell you they live in north york, then you have no idea
but if they say toronto, then you get the idea
smile.gif

i had to tell my friends in vancouver, when i first moved to vancouver, that i used to live in toronto even though i was not
because when i told them i was from oakville, they were like "where the hell is that?"
its a small town like 40mins hwy driving away from toronto lol

When they say Vancouver, they MUST mean Surrey. Surrey is the car theft capital of the world. Since the new year, there have been at least 15 murders INSurrey, and another 10 or so that were connected to someone who resided in Surrey. The place is grimey.

I'm surprised that Vancouver is on the list. I live about two blocks away from skidrow (albeit due to gentrification, the neighborhood I live in is highlydesirable now) and never feel in danger (could be because I'm a man and can take care of myself, or that everyone in the area is so f*cked up on Meth thatthey couldn't do anything to me if they tried). My crib has never been broken into, my car has never been broken into (and I park in a public lot)...

Victoria is pretty grimey too. I was there couple of weeks back and there were some run down neighborhoods (word to Surrey) and tons of bums every where.

Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities In Canada
1. Regina
2. Saskatoon
3. Winnipeg
4. Prince George
5. Edmonton
6. New Westminster
7. Chilliwack
8. Victoria
9. Vancouver
10. Halifax

damn man, we've really come up..........in a bad way

Originally Posted by Vancity74

When they say Vancouver, they MUST mean Surrey. Surrey is the car theft capital of the world. Since the new year, there have been at least 15 murders IN Surrey, and another 10 or so that were connected to someone who resided in Surrey. The place is grimey.
Victoria is pretty grimey too. I was there couple of weeks back and there were some run down neighborhoods (word to Surrey) and tons of bums every where.

Macleans magazine did this study, and they are only calculating the city proper and not the metro area, they did this with all cities in Canada. I havenever really found Victoria bad at all, but DES Vancouver is bad, when I walked down there it was night and I seen a guy who tried to break into a car theworst part of it was all the people who lived in the Woodward's building where camping out and striking

I don't know why they have Peel/York Region as cities...If they had Malton as a city that would be the most dangerous imo...

Back
Top Bottom