Top 5 Selling RUNNING Shoes (projectbluefoot.com)

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

At least Nike is trying to take the step in the right direction with the running shoes. They'll always have a strong customer base, but I hate the people who are blinded by the swoosh and refuse to try anything else. If you try all brands and are completely unbiased, then cool. The 15-25 year old runner is pretty much going to grab a Nike if he's looking for a first running shoe.

So many uninformed people is my ONLY gripe.
Some people just like to stay brand consistent. It is their right as a consumer, nothing to have a gripe about. I myself know there are alternatives, BUT because of my PREFERENCE for Nike I'll stick to them. It is not like Nike is extremely inferior to the other brands. Let's face it, either you can run or you cannot. If you are not in shape to run and your body is not used to the pounding you'll more than likely develop an injury no matter what brand you buy. Just like if you are an excellent/experienced runner, you are going to run good no matter what is on your feet (within reason). I ran my fastest 2 mile ever (11:25 BTW) in a pair of Nike Air Payton V's. No shin splints, achilles pain. Only thing hurting was my lungs
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Like I said, people wearing the swoosh to run isn't my problem. It's the uninformed people who don't give other brands a chance at all just because they "aren't NIKE" is what I don't like. Those people who say "if it isn't Nike, it isn't good". You deal with a lot of those people working retail especially with running shoes and it bothers the hell out of me.
laugh.gif

I usually just laugh in their face.
embarassed.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Still don't understand why that upsets you or bothers you, or compels you to laugh at them in their face. But hey different strokes for different folks.
laugh.gif
@ running shoe snobbery.
I mean, how can you say other brands aren't good if you haven't TRIED them? I don't see why people are so loyal to the swoosh either.I LOVE Nike products to death, but that doesn't mean that I won't venture out to another brand just because I want another level of performance. Itkills me how people act like they're on Nike's payroll or something.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ElderWatsonDiggs & Crazy EBW - both of you are right.

To side with EBW, there is nothing wrong with being brand loyal, but there is a difference between being brand loyal and brand blind.

And to side with Elder, just because there is a Swoosh on it doesn't mean its the best or the best running shoe for you.

At least Nike is trying to take the step in the right direction with the running shoes. They'll always have a strong customer base, but I hate the people who are blinded by the swoosh and refuse to try anything else. If you try all brands and are completely unbiased, then cool. The 15-25 year old runner is pretty much going to grab a Nike if he's looking for a first running shoe.

So many uninformed people is my ONLY gripe.
Some people just like to stay brand consistent. It is their right as a consumer, nothing to have a gripe about. I myself know there are alternatives, BUT because of my PREFERENCE for Nike I'll stick to them. It is not like Nike is extremely inferior to the other brands. Let's face it, either you can run or you cannot. If you are not in shape to run and your body is not used to the pounding you'll more than likely develop an injury no matter what brand you buy. Just like if you are an excellent/experienced runner, you are going to run good no matter what is on your feet (within reason). I ran my fastest 2 mile ever (11:25 BTW) in a pair of Nike Air Payton V's. No shin splints, achilles pain. Only thing hurting was my lungs
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Like I said, people wearing the swoosh to run isn't my problem. It's the uninformed people who don't give other brands a chance at all just because they "aren't NIKE" is what I don't like. Those people who say "if it isn't Nike, it isn't good". You deal with a lot of those people working retail especially with running shoes and it bothers the hell out of me.
laugh.gif

I usually just laugh in their face.
embarassed.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Still don't understand why that upsets you or bothers you, or compels you to laugh at them in their face. But hey different strokes for different folks.
laugh.gif
@ running shoe snobbery.
I mean, how can you say other brands aren't good if you haven't TRIED them? I don't see why people are so loyal to the swoosh either. I LOVE Nike products to death, but that doesn't mean that I won't venture out to another brand just because I want another level of performance. It kills me how people act like they're on Nike's payroll or something.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well there are folks that are like that and that includes myself but i have so much old nike shoes that i just use those when jogging to the mountains so noneed to buy other shoes. But when those wear out which will be a really long time then maybe new balance i might give a try but most likely i will stick tonike also just to let you know i have tried reebok and adidas and even after breaking into them my feet still hurt. Nike has never let me down and has helpedme out with knee and foot problems before that is why i am so loyal to them. They treat my foot right.

performance wise nike's are the worst running shoe.

asics own the running shoe game. they look like crap but get the job done. i've ran 3 half marathons inthem and had no injuries. nike's on the other hand gave me shin splints just training in them.

Originally Posted by badboy074

Crazy EBW wrote:

Well there are folks that are like that and that includes myself but i have so much old nike shoes that i just use those when jogging to the mountains so no need to buy other shoes. But when those wear out which will be a really long time then maybe new balance i might give a try but most likely i will stick to nike also just to let you know i have tried reebok and adidas and even after breaking into them my feet still hurt. Nike has never let me down and has helped me out with knee and foot problems before that is why i am so loyal to them. They treat my foot right.

That's the thing. Reebok and Adidas are CRAP. Adidas is far better than Reebok but the vector can't even hold a candle to low end runningbrands. Try companies who make nothing but or mostly focus on running such as Brooks and Asics.

I really don't want people to think I completely bash the swoosh when it comes to running shoes. They do make good enough shoes but running especially outof all categories of exercise is SO wide open and subjective to each individual it's such an easy issue to argue. With Brooks the only footwear they makeis running shoes. They don't make low-end models and they don't advertise like Nike/Adidas do to get their name out there. The running companies relyon brand loyalty and word of mouth. Nike KNOWS they don't have the core running customer like they did years ago and like i've said before i'mhappy that they are trying to step in the right direction and take running serious again. Sure they will continue to sell regardless, but I think they'retrying to get dedicated runners to take them more serious. It's tough when you walk in a specialty running store and what you generally hear about Nike isnegatives.

Bottom line, if you are a runner almost every one of the brands (Saucony, Brooks, Asics, Mizuno, NB, Nike,Reebok, Adidas, and yes now even UA) has a shoe that will be good enough. The level of good enough may be more in some brands than others but you can still geta good running shoe from any of them. It isn't always about what is the BEST or which is better than the other. With that being said other reasons mightcompel you to pick one brand or another which in some cases is brand familiarity/loyalty.

The point I am trying to get at is elitism/snobbery when it comes to running shoes. I heard one dude in a shoe store saysomething like "if you show up to run a marathon wearing Nike then you'll get laughed at". I was like "and??? what matters is if you areconditioned enough to even run a marathon. A fat %$%% in a pair of Brooks is far worse off than someone who trained up to run a 'thon in a pair ofUnderArmours."

Also the default comment about being on a particular companies payroll showed its ugly head, that is such an old and staleresponse. I don't see how people get their knickers all tied up because another person prefers something they don't. You see it with XBOX 360 and PS3,Macs and PC's, DC and Marvel
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Most of my stuff as far as active/sportswear is Nike, I prefer Nike, but I am totally not up in arms with a person because theyprefer another brand. I just don't get it. I have actually tried other brands of running shoes...guess what? They felt like running shoes, each had theirown little differences, but at the end of the day I felt no different after my runs (I utilized the finishline try a pair program). So I went back with what Iam familiar with...Nike, Plus (insert segue here) I like Nike Plus that is integrated quite well with my iPod Touch. I know I know, you can put the Nike +sensor on the other shoes, or buy a Garmin or Suunto watch to track your runs and speed and distance, but Nike + is simple and easy.

I guess that makes me blinded by the Swoosh
ohwell.gif

The payroll comment was at you, but younger runners who act like that's all they can wear. A lot of the younger people I deal with are more concerned about"looking cool in nikes when running" than more worried about getting a technical shoe that works for them. At 5 and 10k's i've been toi've seen PLENTY of Nikes. That comment is just dumb.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWK

This makes sense considering that most people do not run and wear them for casual wear. The colorways are all neutral (black/and or white based) to be easily worn with uniforms or street clothes. I'd like to see the top ten technical running shoes from specialty stores. I see a lot of ASICS, Mizuno, and adidas at Memorial Park here in Houston.

If you'd compile a list of technical running shoes, I doubt Nike would have any in the top 5. They do have the shoes in the Bowerman series, but othercompanies may come out ahead since they concentrate more directly on performance running shoes.

Back
Top Bottom