Top 50 Highest Earning Athletes in the U.S.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

didn't Oscar De La Hoya make like $40+ mil from the Mayweather fight?...isn't Golden Boy Promotions raking in money too?...he's gotta be at least 3rd on there, and he's not even on the list?

Yes Oscar De La Hoya made 52 Million Dollars vs Floyd Mayweather where Floyd earned 25 Million Dollars.

De La Hoya should be on this list he rakes in a lot of money

didn't Oscar De La Hoya make like $40+ mil from the Mayweather fight?...isn't Golden Boy Promotions raking in money too?...he's gotta be at least 3rd on there, and he's not even on the list?

Yes Oscar De La Hoya made 52 Million Dollars vs Floyd Mayweather where Floyd earned 25 Million Dollars.

Damn I didn't know Phil Mickelson was cakin like that. Crazy how Kobe's up there, even w/ all his sponsorships pulled.

This guy had 7 post in a row
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

top 2 are golfers..... (and the people they say it's not a real sport and easy to hit a ball that's still....)

It's not a real sport. I refuse to put it in the same category as basketball. Some years ago, Michael Schumacher was the #1 paid "athlete" in the world, but I still don't think that driving = sport.

wow.

ok buddy

Am I the only one shocked to see Jamarcus at #26?

laugh.gif
at how much Tiger makes. Thats just outright disgusting.

Floyd Mayweather should NOT be that high up on the list. That $20 million dollar thing from the WWE was all a sham...both the WWE and Floyd were just trying tocause a stir. It's well known that homie didn't get paid that much (it was in the millions just not THAT high up there).

Not really surprised by the list. But still, Tiger and Phil are just two men so that their recognizability distorts the distribution of funds in golfingwhereas NBA, NFL, etc etc have more guys to go around

With close to $800 million in total earnings on and off the course over his 13-year career, Tiger should become the first billion-dollar athlete in the next two years -- and he's still only 32. See Tiger's sponsors.

Actually, it's WELL known that schumi was the world's first billion dollar athlete and on that note,

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

top 2 are golfers..... (and the people they say it's not a real sport and easy to hit a ball that's still....)

It's not a real sport. I refuse to put it in the same category as basketball. Some years ago, Michael Schumacher was the #1 paid "athlete" in the world, but I still don't think that driving = sport.

indifferent.gif
Golf not a real sport? And please join the thread about racing I would love to hear your lack of reasoning but there is no reason to clutterthis thread up.

Sorry, stoneface me all you want, but golf is not a real sport.

If you consider golf a real sport, then do you consider bowling a real sport? And if you consider bowling a real sport, then do you consider billiards a realsport? Darts? Poker? Chess? Where does it end? Golf is not as far from being a true sport as bowling, but it's not in the same category as basketball.

My definition of what is not a real sport is simple: If you sweat more from the heat than you do from actually playing the game, it's not a real sport.

I respect the game of golf but I also dont consider it a sport. As mentioned directly above me, what else are we going to label sports? Throwing darts? Hotdog eating competitions?

Also, it's pretty obvious that SI only listed American athletes.

If the list included "non-Americans", it would include (2007 stats):
-De La Hoya ($43 mill)
-Kimi Raikkonen ($40 mill)
-Michael Schumacher ($36 mill)
-David Beckham ($33 mill)
-Michael Jordan ($31 mill) Threw him in since this is NT
-Ronaldinho ($31 mill)
-Valentino Rossi ($30 mill) I never heard of this guy, motorcycle racer
eek.gif

-Roger Federer ($29 mill)
-Yao Ming ($26 mill)
-Vijay Sing ($26 mill)
-Maria Sharapova ($23 mill)

On a related note, Michael Vick earned up to $40 million a year before the dog-fighting charges
eek.gif

http://www.forbes.com/2007/10/25/sports-tiger-woods-biz-sports-cz_kb_1026athletes.html

Back
Top Bottom