Top 50 Soccer players in the world Vol. Donovan over Ronaldihno?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Higuain
Tevez                                    Messi

Di Maria                               Veron
                   Mascherano

Heinze  Samuel  Demichelis  Zanetti

With all the other competent stars coming off the bench.
I also think that playing a 4-3-3 is the optimal formation for Argentina given their strengths and weaknesses. Their strength is up front, their weakness is finding a link-up midfielder who can get their attackers the ball.

Cokadonna has his work cut out for him. Messi is a given on the right side, but then who starts at CF? Milito or Higuian? Who starts on the left side? Tevez is more suited playing in the hole behind the CF. If Tevez doesn't get the nod on the left side, then who does?

As much as I love how Milito has played these last two years in the Serie A I don't think he should start over Higuain, Pipita is a rising star on a world class team surrounded by superstars and his form seems to improve everyday, Milito on the other hand tends to disappear from games sometimes and Higuain is more of a playmaker than he is. As for the left side Tevez can play there, as Di Maria pushes up on the left Tevez can edge more towards the middle to his more natural position, good substitutes to fill in for Carlitos are Aguero and Lavezzi.

Who'll play in CM next to Mascherano?

Di Maria is a given on the left side and I believe that Juan Sebastian Veron truly deserves his spot on the starting XI. He is a natural leader and one of the pillars of this team, if you have watched the Argentina league or even the FIFA Club World Cup final you will see that he can still play at a very high level and his ability to get the ball to the players up front is unmatched by any other Argentine player in this moment.

Will Cokadonna come to his senses and bench Hienze?
sick.gif

It seems like he never will, honestly I just included him in my squad because I'm a realist and I know that even though he's a complete scrub he's not going anywhere anytime soon. I personally prefer the young Emiliano Insua from Liverpool, the times I have watched him play he has proved that he has tons of potential and he knows how to both defend and attack when he needs to. Another choice would be Otamendi from Velez Sarsfield.

I think that Cokadonna and Argentine fans have a good idea of who'll make the squad. Cokadonna himself said that 16 of the players have already been contacted. The problem is that no one has a clue as to who'll be starting for the team and in what formation. I dont think Cokadonna has used the same line-up in 2 consecutive matches which is obviously a huge problem. Other than Messi, Mascherano, Zanetti and a few others, the rest of the starting XI is a toss-up.

Maradona has made the Argentine team look downright pathetic at times with his awful tactics and his inconsistency in the squad, but I have hope that with the immense amount of talent he has at hand he can put together a decent team that will band together and play the way we've been known to play in the past. Maradona is right in one thing he has said, if there's one thing he knows how to do it's win a World Cup, I really hope it's true because to tell you the truth his word holds little to no weight in my eyes anymore. Hopefully he can regain the glory of this storied national team and a little of his own because a lot of Argentinians have lost respect for him with this entire episode he has put us through and it really is a shame because he gave us some of our greatest memories as one of the greatest, if not the greatest player to ever step out on a field.

It's a damn shame that 2 extremely talented teams (France and Argentina) are run by morons.

Originally Posted by pdm 87

Top 50 players, WC or otherwise, don't airball penalty kicks in championship games, Donovan...

indifferent.gif

Very idiotic statement. Everybody misses penalties.

Cristiano missed a pk in the CL final against Chelsea. They still won though. 

And Terry, as marion pointed out. 

It happens. One pk does not make or break your status as a player. 

Originally Posted by King Beef

I honestly would put Ronaldinho in my top 20 as of right now. He is easily top 3 in serie A this year. No debating that.

I would put Djibril Cisse on that list too.

Dude has been on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, are you hoping to turn back time by making these comments? This isn't 2004 anymore.

And
laugh.gif
@ Donovan being on this list. Show this to any hardcore soccer fan and they will laugh their %%$ off. Pretty much the equivalent of some Spanish sportswriter making a top 50 basketball players in the world list and putting Ricky Rubio at #50. And
laugh.gif
@ ESPN putting him at #50, like they knew he doesn't belong there, but they gave the dead-last spot to him just so they would get some extra hits on their page.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Tevez I agree with everything you said, I don't believe that playing outside of Europe will be a factor in this Cup. The stadiums being built for this Cup are brand new, state of the art facilities that would easily meet the standards of UEFA Elite Stadiums, also the sad fact of the matter is that most of the tickets to the games are going to be sold online at high prices and that kind of prices out the African and South American crowds and will allow for large numbers of European supporters to attend the games. When it comes to Brazil and Argentina, looking at the brackets if Argentina and Brazil both win their groups they would face in the final and that would be a beautiful final given the history between the two. I completely agree with what you said about Argentina, I myself am Argentine so I'm always a little bit biased when it comes to my national team. But honestly, can you blame me given the amount of talent that we constantly export? I mean your screenname is inspired by one of our many star forwards. Maradona is complete idiot and it's a shame that he does not know how to properly field all the talent that he has at hand, he insists on using a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 when the ideal formation for Argentina and Messi is a 4-4-3 with Messi cutting in from the right. In my opinion our ideal squad would look like this.

Higuain
Tevez                                    Messi

Di Maria                               Veron
                   Mascherano

Heinze  Samuel  Demichelis  Zanetti

With all the other competent stars coming off the bench.

I pretty much agree with this lineup. I'd say Heinze off and have Gabriel Milito.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by King Beef

I honestly would put Ronaldinho in my top 20 as of right now. He is easily top 3 in serie A this year. No debating that.

I would put Djibril Cisse on that list too.

Dude has been on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, are you hoping to turn back time by making these comments? This isn't 2004 anymore.

indifferent.gif

[table][tr][th=""]Club[/th][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Super League Greece[/th][th=""]Greek Football Cup[/th][th=""]League Cup[/th][th=""]Europe[/th][th=""]Others[/th][th=""]Total[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]App[/th][th=""]Goals[/th][th=""]App[/th][th=""]Goals[/th][th=""]App[/th][th=""]Goals[/th][th=""]App[/th][th=""]Goals[/th][th=""]App[/th][th=""]Goals[/th][th=""]App[/th][th=""]Goals[/th][/tr][tr][td]Panathinaikos[/td][td]2009–10[/td][td]23[/td][td]20[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]10[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]36[/td][td]25[/td][/tr][/table]

Dude has been on fire. He got a France call up so he should be on the list.
indifferent.gif
at you again because you don't even know how good he has been doing in Europe. Don't act like you know because you obviously didn't.

Back
Top Bottom