--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

So those guys that were peeping into those caravans in that parked lot were people having sex in the crossovers? Lol, anyone know If this is how it actually goes down over in the UK?
Good catch with the Stan Collymore and Phil Mitchell reference.  I didn't think twice about it until I read your post and went back to that scene, had me
roll.gif
^ From Wiki...
Doggers would usually leave their interior lights on in their cars so that other doggers would know that they too were doggers. Some flash their headlights at other cars or flick the interior light on briefly. These are the most common signs to show that one is a dogger, and are also the signs used by gay men who use lay-bys as cruising grounds for sexual activity. Many dogging locations are used by both straight doggers and gay men.
Hence their turning on and off of the dome and headlights... 
laugh.gif
Had to look up dogging after I read Illmatic's post, these dudes are something else man
laugh.gif

Final segment wrapped up this series quite well. Decent episode overall. Mark Webber will be missed in F1, definitely. :smokin

Mark Webbaaaah!  Top guy.  He will be missed.

He carried sooo much speed through Bacharach 
eek.gif
 ... I think had he not run so wide at Hammerhead, he would have beaten Lewis' time. 

The F-Type is so beautiful.

EDIT ~ How did they pull that ending off!? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

nthat.gif

Last edited:
I think had he not run so wide at Hammerhead, he would have beaten Lewis' time.

:nthat:

As Webber said though, there was new asphalt on the hammerhead so it was grippier. I'm sure the extra speed he carried through hammerhead mitigated the awkward line he took. After all, The Stig probably gave him the inside scoop on the asphalt so his move wasn't ill-advised. I think him messing with the steering wheel in between Chicago and hammerhead did him in as well as what Clarkson was going on about in the last turn.

Don't underestimate the powers of the Top Gear executives :lol:

Nice ending which commemorated the British car industry. Let's hope we see that P1 makes it into the next season!

Illmatiic ~ Yeah, I wasn't sure if he was serious about the new asphalt or if he was just kidding with Clarkson.  Still it looked REALLY wide...

I'm not sure if him screwing around with the steering wheel earlier in the lap was part of his actual hot-lap.  TG has been know to splice-in interior footage from previous laps! 

It'd be a shame if he really lost out on those 4/10ths cuz he was messing around! 

Last edited:
Mark Webbaaaah!  Top guy.  He will be missed.

He carried sooo much speed through Bacharach 
eek.gif

... I think had he not run so wide at Hammerhead, he would have beaten Lewis' time. 

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

:nthat:

Top gear UK is the most watched show on the planet if I'm correct.

They're budgets are stupid long....which allows them to do pretty much whatever they want. That's how they can pull off endings like that. Plus car manufacturers know how influential the show is. Thus having their vehicles shown in a positive manner all around the club is free publicity.

I must agree with ya'll. That ending! That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen, the sheer volume of that project is just ridiculous.
And those F1 cars racing on the streets...:smokin

Oh and the F-type is just beautiful. Although I was shocked at the tiny "trunk".

Top gear UK is the most watched show on the planet if I'm correct.

They're budgets are stupid long....which allows them to do pretty much whatever they want. That's how they can pull off endings like that. Plus car manufacturers know how influential the show is. Thus having their vehicles shown in a positive manner all around the club is free publicity.
Oh, I don't doubt that at all.  It's funny how there are probably still a lot of countries that don't get TG officially from the BBC, yet the people there find ways to watch it. 

Reminded me of that Middle-East special (I think it was) where they wanted to discreetly driving around a city, but as soon as they arrived, everyone knew who they were... dunno if it was staged (or that the huge camera-crew gave it away), but the point was... their world-wide popularity.

Anyway, this vid makes a lot more sense now... upped towards the end of June.

Last edited:
They actually became Guiness World Record holders, in being the most widely watched factual TV show, so I suppose there are at least old episodes airing pretty much everywhere.

I was wondering that too... but I guess it's "normal"...

Based on Wiki, their last few series have ranged between 6-8 episodes... 

The last time they had a 10-episode series was back in 2007!

word. and they still have the biggest BBC budget. and there were no specials.

if they make 21 with 6-8 eps, then they should do a special or two. do africa again...and australia.

even better, a brazil road trip :pimp:

Yeah, it's a shame the seasons are much longer, there'd be plenty of cars to test...and the guys are just hilarious.

Great series :pimp: ...Great ending

if they make 21 with 6-8 eps, then they should do a special or two. do africa again...and australia.

They always have a Holiday special so watch out for that

And my guess is to why the series are short is because James and Richard have their own shows too.

Oh, I don't doubt that at all.  It's funny how there are probably still a lot of countries that don't get TG officially from the BBC, yet the people there find ways to watch it. 

Reminded me of that Middle-East special (I think it was) where they wanted to discreetly driving around a city, but as soon as they arrived, everyone knew who they were... dunno if it was staged (or that the huge camera-crew gave it away), but the point was... their world-wide popularity.

Anyway, this vid makes a lot more sense now... upped towards the end of June.

Yeah. Quite a disappointing fact of life. The BBC channel over here used to show Top Gear episodes (as well as on other channels back then). Shame they don't any more. We do have the local counterpart of the magazine, though... which isn't much. :\

Yeah, I expected a special for this finale. But we did get a "special" final segment, I guess. :\

Back
Top Bottom