--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

Can't believe they get paid that much to fool around :lol: :smh:

The moustaches sure were convincing... the F1 news segment :lol:

Last edited:
P1 & 4C this weekend... 
smokin.gif

Man, first Autocar's P1 review now Top Gear's, LAWD HAVE MERCY!

And to think, as per Richard and Jeremy, Richard will be in the 918 Spyder in a few weeks and that The Stig will be running power laps around the test track?!?!

Unfortunately the La Ferrari won't make it into this season. However, thanks to these new-age hyper cars, Season 21 has the potential to be Top Gear's best season yet!

Can someone explain the system for me in the P1? Is it powered by the electric engine while the gas engine generates electricity for electric engine (because 176 hp is pretty low). Or is it powered by the gas engine? If so what does the electric engine do?

Sorry, I wasnt understanding the explanation.

I told the girl I was watching top gear with... That the P1 made my **** harder than she did.... She somehow understood...

It would be hard for her not to.

Can someone explain the system for me in the P1? Is it powered by the electric engine while the gas engine generates electricity for electric engine (because 176 hp is pretty low). Or is it powered by the gas engine? If so what does the electric engine do?

Sorry, I wasnt understanding the explanation.
Yeah, Clarkson intentionally flipped the roles of the engine/motor for comedic effect.  

In reality, it's like most hybrids... 3.8 liter twin-turbo V8 (same as the 12C, I believe), but tuned to 727 hp... PLUS the electric motor that produces 176 hp... for a total of 903 hp.  As Clarkson mentioned, the electric motor fills in the gaps of the engine... like during the shifts and when the turbos are spooling (before the boost kicks in).  The car also has an IPAS boost system from the electric motor. 

Yeah, Clarkson intentionally flipped the roles of the engine/motor for comedic effect.  

In reality, it's like most hybrids... 3.8 liter twin-turbo V8 (same as the 12C, I believe), but tuned to 727 hp... PLUS the electric motor that produces 176 hp... for a total of 903 hp.  As Clarkson mentioned, the electric motor fills in the gaps of the engine... like during the shifts and when the turbos are spooling (before the boost kicks in).  The car also has an IPAS boost system from the electric motor. 

Alright. Didn't catch the sarcasm!

Anyway this car is ill. I thought the EU green laws would kill off super/hyper cars. But instead it got european carmakers to step their game up! Amazing car. Made some pedestrians catch whiplash! We are still likely not going to see V10 or 12 engines anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom