TOP TEN SNEAKERS OF ALL TIME IN THE AREA

i'm not going to get into the bickering. i'm just going to state my view. DC was, without a doubt, way into AF1's. first, a ton of catsrocked the all white hi's w/the grey swoosh & strap and mesh side panels. straps were always worn hanging off the back. never strapped properly. they were kind of too bulky in my opinion, so i passed. however, when the purple and white hi's came out, i jumped on them with the swiftness (as dideveryone else). this was many years later, but rest assured, everyone in DC had them. i distinctly remember getting a matching purple champion sweatshirtfrom players of gtown on m street. my homegirl aisha worked there.

also, DC definitely represented the all white AF1 hi's with the black midsole and black strap. the ones that were a mistake. there was a feeding frenzyfor those. am i right??? for a while i thought those were only sold in DC. i traveled a lot (still do) and never saw anyone else with them. did othercities get these? can someone verify? just curious.

those are the 3 i distinctly remember. i'm sure there were more that DC beasted over.

oh, and TOWEH, props on the MCM's. definitely had a pair. copped them from the MCM store in the willard hotel downtown (i don't recall the one in thehilton on ct. ave. having them. please correct me if i'm wrong). the gold plate on the side really set them off. man, i wish i still had a pair ofthose....

MAN.. we been rocking AF1's or as we like to call them " White on whites that often come in different colors othen than white" since 82'. Weput the shoe on the map forreal and deserve all the credit. Look us up at the Nike Headquater's. they'll tell you. By the way... i'm from US,A (Nozipcode). Lol

the dude dj rockit club mixtapes was the sh*t. he used to dg at odell's and volcanos

My older cousins had alot of them joints..but I doubt they still have them..them joints is over 20 years old homie
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

I remember my peoples and alot of my co-workers tellin me stories about Odells..How they was on some studio 54 type $%%...How live and packed it was...It wasTHE spot to be..and to seen in

If you couldn't dress..you wasn't gettin' in

If you couldn't dance..you wasn't gettin' in

If you ain't gettin money..You wasn't gettin' in

one of my coworker who is like 40 pulled out an Odells mebership card
laugh.gif
.." If you ain't have one of these, you wasn't S***"

They would sit there and reminisce like it was yesterday,Erry once in a blue they'll have the Odells reunion..

I think one of the DJ's that used to work there now own The Paradox...

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

MAN.. we been rocking AF1's or as we like to call them " White on whites that often come in different colors othen than white" since 82'. We put the shoe on the map forreal and deserve all the credit. Look us up at the Nike Headquater's. they'll tell you. By the way... i'm from US,A (No zipcode). Lol

^^^
laugh.gif

all i'm tryna tell yall dc cats is this:

there is ablsolutely NO definitive way to say dc was 1st. like i said, let yall tell it yall was first to rock EVERYTHING. now lets be serious here. whatare the odds that yall were actually 1st to rock everything before everyone else. i mean, c'mon.

also, if yall were 1st, like i said before, don't u think nike would've acknowledged that, at least, by ALSO including yall in giving yall an exclusiveaf1. why do u think they gave them to us, ny & philly??

give up?? to acknowledge how influential/instrumental we were in the EARLY (early 80's) success of the af1. now don't u think they would've donethe same if yall were really 1st?? hmmmm... yall are gonna have to come to grips with the fact that yall didn't start everything. and this is no hateinvolved.

the first af1's that were "beasted" over around here are still my favorites, but u never see tham anymore... they were the black on whites, withthe cloth strap, with the mesh side panels, with just the thin strip at the bottom of the sole black. most of the midsole was white. those will always be thesh*t

also i know yall have seen a few different colorways of the "bmore" af1's (the ones that actually say bmore on the side). so if u wanna gettechnical, we have like 3-4 different styles/colorways of af1's that pay homage to, u guessed it... Baltimore.

i have yet to see ANY "dc" af1's.
laugh.gif

anyone care to explain/respond??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by harmcityhustler

the dude dj rockit club mixtapes was the sh*t. he used to dg at odell's and volcanos

My older cousins had alot of them joints..but I doubt they still have them..them joints is over 20 years old homie
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

I remember my peoples and alot of my co-workers tellin me stories about Odells..How they was on some studio 54 type $%%...How live and packed it was...It was THE spot to be..and to seen in

If you couldn't dress..you wasn't gettin' in

If you couldn't dance..you wasn't gettin' in

If you ain't gettin money..You wasn't gettin' in

one of my coworker who is like 40 pulled out an Odells mebership card
laugh.gif
.." If you ain't have one of these, you wasn't S***"

They would sit there and reminisce like it was yesterday,Erry once in a blue they'll have the Odells reunion..

I think one of the DJ's that used to work there now own The Paradox...

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

(i don't recall the one in the hilton on ct. ave. having them. please correct me if i'm wrong).
Naw you are right ... it was only at the Willard!

Me and my man were talking about that the other day ( And those are his MCM's ... he's one of the cats that collects but he's not an online type)

And CharmCity ... I'm going to say it again ... hear me now!

DC had so many folks and mom & pop shops pushing forces thru transhipping ... that #!+ didn't start in 99!

The cats in DC didn't have accounts and credit to open with Nike so they had to do what they had to do ...

Check the record ... true fact ... Nike wouldn't praise the cats that didn't have accounts because they have legit connection

Its almost like Nike making a Flight Club exclusive ... It won't happen

Trust me DC was the trendsetting capital back then (even up until 96 strong but we set a new trend in 99 with the Goadome!!) when you go to the MAGIC tradeshow cats from other states and retail doors follow Izzy from UPATW around to see what he's going to buy for his doors because he's has been on thetrends from way back when.

Ok ... I have to do some work now ...

Back
Top Bottom