Tornado in my neighborhood 12/26

I live in Garland, Tx in the neighborhood where an EF4 tornado was on the 26th. Somehow my home wasn't damaged but we haven't been able to go back to our area until today. Unreal experience, took some pics. The last pic, posted on FB is taken from across the lake, miles away. Not looking for sympathy at all, just wanting to share. I couldn't imagine going through what some of these people are going through right now. So much loss, so fast. I'm about a half mile from the overpass where cars were thrown off and people lost lives. It's really amazing that there weren't anymore casualties after seeing firsthand the devastation.
View media item 1846474View media item 1846475View media item 1846476View media item 1846478View media item 1846479View media item 1846483View media item 1846485View media item 1846473

Hope everything is ok. I'm up in Lewisville and have some family in Mesquite. The amount of rain we got was unbelievable and the fam had water runoffs overflow. Hope yall are safe.

That last picture looks like something from War of the Worlds.

Amazing what nature can do.

That's absolutely devastating. Great pics.

It's sad people lose their lives and their homes but nobody can front....

Tornadoes are absolutely beautiful. Fascinating phenomenon.

Last edited:
good to hear ur ok fam..... I live in Oklahoma and i hate to say it but I'm used to tornadoes.. been here my entire life and almost overtime it rains or its a bad storm it goes down..... praying for your city bro.

good to hear ur ok fam..... I live in Oklahoma and i hate to say it but I'm used to tornadoes.. been here my entire life and almost overtime it rains or its a bad storm it goes down..... praying for your city bro.

Does every building have a tornado shelter?

I live about 20 miles away in Frisco. And no most homes in the Dallas area don't have basements or shelters. To much rock and the frost line isn't very deep

Glad you're safe OP. Get out there and help your community the best way you know how....those folks will be grateful for anything you can do for them.

Always wanted to see a tornado as a kid. Saw this () EF-5 up close and personal as a grown *** man and nearly **** my pants. Never again.

I stay in Little Rock,AR and grew up in NE Ark area where every spring is open season with severe weather. This one happened in 2014(), saw it coming across the Arkansas River from our town home. Scary/crazy **** man. Getting a garage shelter installed at our house for this upcoming storm season. Prayers up to those affected.

Nobody has storm shelters here, people just get into bathtubs or closets in the middle of the home (like we did). We literally had less than a minute between sirens going off, power outage and tornado. Only thing that notified us of a touchdown of it was from a police scanner app we listen to. Even the news weather didn't say anything about it coming by the time the power went out. To volunteer we have to register online and they will call if needed. They're not allowing people to show up randomly. Kind of a way to control the crowd and keep looters out. Looters have been a major issue here since Saturday night. Blows my mind how ****** a human being can be.

Back
Top Bottom