Tourist tips while in Manhattan

I'm going there for two days and wanted to check out the sites. Any info about the most crucial things to see while in Manhattan.

even if you're lost, make it look like you know where you're going...if not, the wolves will smell blood

Washington Heights=Big booty skeezer heaven (never been there but so i heard) any1 wanna back this up?

Originally Posted by NYfly1

Washington Heights=Big booty skeezer heaven (never been there but so i heard) any1 wanna back this up?
LOL, how are you gonna say this if you've never even been there?

Metropolitan Museum of Art
Empire State Building Observation Deck
Times Square for about 3 mins max.
8th Wonder of the World - NYC Subway System

tourists
smh.gif

i went there when i was younger. i just liked walking around and stuff...i saw the sites and stuff, but i didn't take the official tour or nothin. kindafun to explore.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

even if you're lost, make it look like you know where you're going...if not, the wolves will smell blood
I don't really understand what that means. If you're a tourist, you're a tourist. It's not like New Yorkers will point and laugh atyou. I spend 90% of my free time in Manhattan and lived in the LES for about a year, and the tourists never really bothered me, nor did it seem to botheranyone else.

thanks for all the info. kickmatic23 imma hit you up. and for the two that hate tourists, i guess you've never left new york?

Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, Empire State Building Observation Deck, Times Square, etc.
To me just walking around is pretty cool, and going on the subways is really part of the experience. Went there for the 1st time last yr; would definitely goagain in the future.

Youre making it sound like Manhattan is comparable to Baghdad

Originally Posted by Mebo03

Youre making it sound like Manhattan is comparable to Baghdad

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
those brokers on wall street are viscious...if they're stocks go down, they go on tearssssssss.

May favorite saying about visiting New York: If you're not going anywhere, you're just in the way.

Times Square is a cluster F, so avoid it all costs. There is literally nothing to see there except other tourists and some billboards. My friend works for MTVand the last time I was in NYC, I met him outside the building and as soon as he stepped out, I was like "get me the eff outta here." He hates thefact he has to go to Times Square for work.

Walk around the Upper East Side at least and just look at all the awesome places you'll never be able to live in.

how long are you there for? usually there is way too much to see, with way too little time. unless you actually want to visit every place, i would do thedouble decker bus, it will save time plus swing you by everything you need to see, even brooklyn.

watch out for those lames @ 34th and 42nd st trying to sell their rap CDs. they WILL bogart you into buying one. so dont look like a tourist and they prollywont bug you...a lotta the tourists look helpless, and honestly, them dudes look like they'll rob you so.....

stay outta people's way.

Dont Look Lost ! And even if you are lost Just keep Walking. . .

And Please > >Walk Fast< < , i really hate it when people come to NYC for the first time and Walk Slow. . . . .
indifferent.gif

But Enjoy Your Stay. Try Not to look like a Tourist it will save you money.
wink.gif

....just don't stop in the middle of the sidewalk to look up at a building

as for must do things?...I assume you're just staying in Manhattan?...most people do

Gray's Papaya - any one will do
Great Lawn in Central park - just to say you've gone
Museums - visit at least one of the bigs: Moma, Natural History, Guggenheim
Rockefellar Center - not really much to actually see, but it's nice. Plus it's close to St. Patricks Cathedral, so kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Take a subway...any subway...just make sure you read the map so you don't end up in the BX.
Walk Chinatown / Little Italy - they border each other so you can do that in one day too.

There's so much...I'm sure other people can list them more....

Back
Top Bottom