Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

Originally Posted by proper english

lol. shots fired w/ that min wage comment.. don't make me post pics of my car, crib.. and girl (while im at it).
in all seriousness.. if the opportunity comes.. why not take it?
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

wait, i got 1 gift receipt that shows the two games that i want to return. Should I have gotten a seperate receipt for teach game, or is it okay to have 1receipt for the 2 games that i don't want?!?!

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

So, let me get this straight, so when you keep returning the 2 paid games, you get store credit, then buy 2 other games, get another 1 free. And repeat? what will you guys do with the store credit left over?

Also bestbuy is doing this also on accessories? explain
ohwell.gif
I'd ebay it it. 90 for 100 it will sell easily

I don't even own a ps3 but i'm thinking of jumping on this hustle and making some $

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

So, let me get this straight, so when you keep returning the 2 paid games, you get store credit, then buy 2 other games, get another 1 free. And repeat? what will you guys do with the store credit left over?

Also bestbuy is doing this also on accessories? explain
ohwell.gif

my plan at the end was to keep doing this until I built a cool collection during the week and doing 1 last "exchange" and just wait for ModernWarfare 2 and Assasin's Creed next month.

hahah yall are making it more difficult than it actually is. . . smh at all these questions...

after i get a gift card from returning the 2 games, they wont get suspicious if I ask them for a gift receipt when i buy another 2 games using the giftcard?

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

after i get a gift card from returning the 2 games, they wont get suspicious if I ask them for a gift receipt when i buy another 2 games using the giftcard?

No, when you pay for your games with the store credit or gift cards, they just think its weird that you have the exact total on the card. None of the 3 TRU iwent to said anything. One employee in the return area actually told me that people were doing this and kinda hinted I should do it.
Originally Posted by chino905

wait, i got 1 gift receipt that shows the two games that i want to return. Should I have gotten a seperate receipt for teach game, or is it okay to have 1 receipt for the 2 games that i don't want?!?!

One gift receipt for two games is fine. That's the way I've been doing it. I feel like I'll get confused getting to many one game gift receipts

When PMing at Bestbuy, they'll probably ask you for an ad so try to have that prepared. At least, bring a printout citing the deal.

This is
pimp.gif
I'm at three free games and I'm going on at least two more runs today. BTW you don't need the gift receipt. If you get a refund withthe original receipt they'll give you cash instead so you don't have to spend a dime.

Originally Posted by dunnyy

This is
pimp.gif
I'm at three free games and I'm going on at least two more runs today. BTW you don't need the gift receipt. If you get a refund with the original receipt they'll give you cash instead so you don't have to spend a dime.

laugh.gif
They will not give you cash back without asking for the free game.Stop lying.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by drillest

How do you guys go about doing the Best Buy Price match?? Im soo confused
Just ask them to. It's that simple.
I called my Bestbuy, and they said they won't honor the special....
tired.gif

Ya it varies from store to store. I find it easier just going in and ask them in person.

Originally Posted by cosuna

Originally Posted by chino905

wait, i got 1 gift receipt that shows the two games that i want to return. Should I have gotten a seperate receipt for teach game, or is it okay to have 1 receipt for the 2 games that i don't want?!?!

One gift receipt for two games is fine. That's the way I've been doing it. I feel like I'll get confused getting to many one game gift receipts

Good looks, homie. im heading out right now to get the gift cards. lol wish me luck
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by dunnyy

This is
pimp.gif
I'm at three free games and I'm going on at least two more runs today. BTW you don't need the gift receipt. If you get a refund with the original receipt they'll give you cash instead so you don't have to spend a dime.

laugh.gif
They will not give you cash back without asking for the free game. Stop lying.
roll.gif
I'm so serious. I feel like an +*+ cause I asked for the gift receipt and I got gift cards at the second toysrus but my boy was right behindme in line and he gave the original receipt instead of the gift receipt and got straight cash.

tired.gif

Ya it varies from store to store. I find it easier just going in and ask them in person.
You'd rather drive to a store than find out over the phone? Not easier.
laugh.gif

Oh man gotta try out this best buy thing right now. I'm surprised that I haven't seen any tap tap pulls in the three toysrus's I was at.

People actually complaining about people doing this? People are still gettin' a damn game they just exchanging it for somethin else, its NOT THAT SERIOUS.

I returned my NFS today, just said I didn't want it and got my gift card no hassle. I'm about to just buy COD Pre-order online.

Oh, and the TRU at Long Island City has ZERO ACCESSORIES for X-Box, everything is wiped out.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

tired.gif

You'd rather drive to a store than find out over the phone? Not easier.
laugh.gif
man... the people that answer those calls are complete ******s.

"Hey, you got that new game that came out" ... uh yeah, *goes to TRU* "sorry were suppose to get the shipment in on tuesday"
alien.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

okay im back.. it worked for me TWICE. i picked up madden & live .. for some reason 2k is sold out everywhere lol. anyway.. MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR GIFT RECEIPTS FOR THE 2 GAMES YOU CHOOSE NOT TO KEEP.. THATS IMPORTANT. I GOT SHUT DOWN TWICE.. AND IT WORKED TWICE. UNFORTUNATELY MY FUN CAME TO AN END A FEW MINS AGO. i forgot to mention the gift reciept as they were ringing up the games.. they said umm its too late now.. we cant do it here go to CUSTOMER CARE. so i did and they SHUT ME DOWN. They told me that i would have to return all 3 games .. Get store credit and repurchase. So i did.. BUT ONCE AGAIN I FORGOT TO MENTION 2 SEPERATE GIFT RECIEPTS.

Now heres my problem.. The dude did gift me a gift receipt for the entire purchase of 3 games.. i wonder if i return later with just 2 of the 3 games.. will they credit me or will they demand that i also return the free game. I was gonna pretend i recieved the games as a gift.. decided to keep 1 and return the other 2 for something else. Think that might work ??

btw sorry for the long read.

me and my brother had all three games on the gift receipt and we were allowed to return just 2. they didn't ask us any questions or anything. so it shouldwork for you. good luck!

jus game back and returned the 2 games for the gift card.
pimp.gif
. Might go back and do the damn thing again tomorrow
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom