Tracy McGrady Advancing to the Second Round Appreciation

The silent killer.
pimp.gif

The Rockets being better without Tracy McGrady appreciation
pimp.gif

Barry Bonds thinks this thread deserves an astrisk

So dude goes year after year of being bounced in the first round... then when he's an inactive member of a team, they advance to the second round?

Not going to lie, that would be tough for me to handle.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Why is t-mac out anyways? What kind of injury is it?
He is suffering from the same condition his cousin Vince Carter has, no heart.

appreciated. haha.

rockets are not better without a 100% healthy tmac.

i dont question tmac's heart. i question his mental toughness when he is down. and of course his physical toughness blows too all the time.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

rockets are not better without a 100% healthy tmac.

i dont question tmac's heart. i question his mental toughness when he is down. and of course his physical toughness blows too all the time.

they didnt even need tmac, imagine if they had him
pimp.gif

potential champs? now well never know...

http://www.chron.com/disp....mpl/sports/6404080.html

Poor Tracy McGrady.

The guy can't win for winning. Or is it supposed to be he can't win for losing?

Either way (and that's sort of the point), McGrady seems to always get the worst end of it. Year after year, season afterseason, we get to May, when the weather and NBA playoffs heat up, and McGrady is somewhere cooling down.

The Rockets exorcised a first-round playoff demon by beating Portland on Thursday night, putting an end to a 12-year stretch inwhich they had not advanced to the second round.

McGrady's head is out-spinning Linda Blair's, and I dare you to feed him pea soup.

The Rockets ended a streak. Yao Ming ended a streak.

But for McGrady? … The streak goes on.

This was definitely supposed to be the year. McGrady was as excited about this season as any because for the first time in hiscareer he was on a legitimate championship contender.

A knee injury put a stop to all that, leaving the 12-year NBA veteran to cheer for the Rockets from afar.

Their victory isn't his. He is on the roster but not on the team. Text messages wishing guys well and congratulating them onbig wins are nice. His entry passes to Yao Ming would be nicer.
[h3]Constant rehab[/h3]
While the Rockets were grinding out a playoff series victory over Portland, McGrady spent most of his time in Chicago doing sixto eight hours of daily rehab following microfracture surgery on his ailing left knee on Feb. 24.

McGrady was on the Rockets' bench for Games 3 and 4 against Portland at Toyota Center, but his rehab schedule kept him frombeing here for the clincher.

He has been able to come to Houston only on weekends, and he even needed to get a residence in Chicago because of all the time hewill spend there in the coming months.

McGrady is happy for his boys, his teammates. He is ecstatic for Yao, because he knows the pain and pressure Yao was feeling withthe first-round weight on his back. He has dealt with it almost twice as long as Yao had to.

But McGrady can't help being green with envy, wondering if his day will come.

In a post on his Web site (t-mac.com), McGrady said he is not thinking about that.

"That's the last thing on my mind and the least of my worries," he wrote. "I know I'll be back and have myshot to advance in the playoffs, and for now I'm enjoying the ride watching my teammates. Next up is the Lakers. I think we match up pretty well and I knowcoach will have us ready. Let's go Rockets!"

How far can they go? The top-seeded Lakers are next, and that will be a tall order, even for these improved Rockets.

They could use McGrady in the next couple of weeks. With a high-flying, healthy McGrady, the Lakers matchup would be a tossup. ARockets win now would be an upset.

If you think the Rockets would not have beaten Portland in the first round if McGrady were in the lineup, you're not beingfair.

Actually, to be fair, they would not have played Portland in the first round if McGrady had been healthy this season.

"With T-Mac, we would have been battling for the No. 1 overall seed," Ron Artest said. "He makes us that muchbetter."

Yet some of you believe this team is better because McGrady is not playing. You're so excited about the Rockets' 22-8 runto end the regular season after McGrady shut it down that you're not thinking straight.
[h3]Yao's similar plight[/h3]
A year ago, after Yao went down for the season, the Rockets went 19-7. Radio talking heads had you wondering if the Rockets werebetter without Yao. That was nonsensical, too.

Last year, the Rockets had no chance against Utah in the playoffs without an injured Yao and Rafer Alston hobbling in and out ofthe lineup. This year, they were the favorites to beat Portland for several reasons.

There is that 7-6 dude in the middle. There is Artest. There is Luis Scola in his second season, instead of his first. Ditto forAaron Brooks and Carl Landry, plus Von Wafer.

I won't even bother comparing last year's Jazz to this year's Blazers.

The Rockets were so sure they would beat Portland that their attitude bordered on overconfidence. That first-round demon wasgoing to be exorcised.

Before he walked out of Toyota Center last Sunday, just after the Rockets had taken a commanding 3-1 lead over the Blazers,McGrady said he was as happy as he could be for his teammates.

He said he was progressing and doing well, just not doing what he would rather be doing - competing in the playoffs.

This year probably would have been the year he played into the second round.

Poor Tracy McGrady.
i still think houston will NOT trade him next yr if he comes back ready for preseason and plays well inthe first half of the season. ron artest is just not that good to put them over the hump (he sucked basically for the entire series outside of game 6). theyjust beat a young, inexperienced portland team who just wasn't ready.

Back
Top Bottom