Trade Check DS 2012 Varsity Red IVs for DS Olympic VIs

Basically what the title says. Should I trade my IVs for VIs? How good of a deal is this? Just want some detailed opinions lol.

It really comes down to what you prefer. Personally I'd take the Olympics 7 days outta the week. If the Fire Reds werent all messed up it'll be debatable. Good luck OP.

I'm guessing the popular vote would be Olympics because they haven't been retroed as much as the IVs. Also consider durability: Olympics have the infamous icy sole which will eventually yellow, BUT there have also been complaints about the IV quality this year.

However, as mentioned it comes down to personal preference especially with both being retroed this year (meaning the quality would theoritically be similar). Personally, IVs are one of my favorite models and I prefer most models in the OG Black/White/Red Chicago colorways. I won't argue against any claim that Olympic VIs have better street/resale value though.

Straight up value wise, the VIs are worth (a little) more. The IVs are still going in and out of stock at a lot of places, whereas the VIs are going for ~$200-$225 on eBay.

6s are weird quality wise though. The leather starts stiff then turns perfect. The paint job is terrible on %90 of the pairs. And the ice sole yellows really fast. I wore mine once and the bottom is yellow.

Take the 6s, but wear them carefully

6s are weird quality wise though. The leather starts stiff then turns perfect. The paint job is terrible on %90 of the pairs. And the ice sole yellows really fast. I wore mine once and the bottom is yellow.
Take the 6s, but wear them carefully

True, but the 4's are terrible in terms of quality. Look at that 4's thread.

id say its a good deal. striaght up trade, i like the 4s better but it all depends on u. if u want the 6s more then ur 4s then do it.
u can probably find a DS pair of fire reds for close to retail later on down the road the 6s are goin for a little over 200 so its ur call

Hell yea get those VIs...IVs quality this years been trash plus the VIs are way more comfortable

Back
Top Bottom