Trading in Paid off whip for a Used Hybrid

This topic makes no sense.

AT ALL.

A paid off 2015 Camry which is decent on gas and you wanna trade for an Avalon and take a $6-7k loss to save gas?

Are you for real fam? It makes NO sense.

On another note, those Model 3 Tesla’s are ugly af.

If you're a big dude and you get leather seats the Tesla is going to wear down fast. I ordered my Model S back in 2013 and sold it in 2017 and it looked like a obese dude had been jumping up and down on it the entire time. The paint is also garbage and overall craftsmanship is horrid. The car creaks so much while the S550 is so quiet I can whisper and people in the back can hear me.

Bruh... 7k is a lot of damn gas.

It’s a Camry not a hellcat. You aren’t burning that much gas.

If you're a big dude and you get leather seats the Tesla is going to wear down fast. I ordered my Model S back in 2013 and sold it in 2017 and it looked like a obese dude had been jumping up and down on it the entire time. The paint is also garbage and overall craftsmanship is horrid. The car creaks so much while the S550 is so quiet I can whisper and people in the back can hear me.

Sheesh, I wanted a Tesla but guess I’ll pass. Benz has always been ahead of the game.

Cars are depreciating assets, but that's entirely besides the point.

Again, the entire premise of your question is just bizarre. :lol:

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt here and entertain the idea that the fuel savings could potentially be greater than the additional debt or cash it will cost you to trade in a Camry that you own and have paid for in full, for a damn Avalon.

Given that you know the cost of the Avalon, you know the approximate trade in value of the Camry, and you know the approximate cost of gas, it takes 6th grade level math to compare the aggregate cost to the savings over time and make a rational decision.

you typed this for what?

you typed this for what?

I typed that to help you understand how irrational your thought process was after you asked the question on a message board for validation, validation that you did not receive.

Don't get petty, just take the L and keep that Camry pushing fam. :lol:

Hm, the electric battery makes no sound, not sure how battery that doesn't make sound > engine but to each their own. I love the Model 3, I have solar panels, and electric company still pays me when the bills come. Free transportation for life. 7500$ federal tax credit, 2500$ California tax credit, 1,000$ southern California Edison rebate, 500$ charger installation rebate, 33% charger cost tax credit help financially for me. I've had beat-up old cars for most of my life so carpool lane + summoning my car + different modes for driving, keyless entry and starting car, crazy acceleration (for me), have made it a completely new and awesome driving experience. Car still getting new features and getting better, had software update this morning.

I highly doubt you're gonna make up that 7k difference in gas plus the additional maintenance expenses of a hybrid unless you're driving a ton of miles.

Hm, the electric battery makes no sound, not sure how battery that doesn't make sound > engine but to each their own. I love the Model 3, I have solar panels, and electric company still pays me when the bills come. Free transportation for life. 7500$ federal tax credit, 2500$ California tax credit, 1,000$ southern California Edison rebate, 500$ charger installation rebate, 33% charger cost tax credit help financially for me. I've had beat-up old cars for most of my life so carpool lane + summoning my car + different modes for driving, keyless entry and starting car, crazy acceleration (for me), have made it a completely new and awesome driving experience. Car still getting new features and getting better, had software update this morning.

The MB has double pane windows so you don't hear outside noise. The noise I'm talking about is the creaking from the body, pano roof and shoddy craftsmanship that's on the Model S, and with the Model 3 being lower quality vs the S you can expect to see more QC issues. Just cause they offer a $7500 tax credit doesn't mean you'll have a credit for the full amount.

Good to know. Won’t consider a Tesla in the future

unless you're a car guy and want to upgrade your car then do it but if not just keep whats paid off

Back
Top Bottom