Train Of Thought > Illmatic

smh.gif
smh.gif

Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star >>>>>>Train of Thought

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

real talk though ... ya'll hype illmatic waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much ... it's a good album and all but theres only 9 songs and one of them Nas spits one verse ... if anything AZ makes it great with his contribution ... there's 5 songs on that album that cant be denied/debated ... but that's 5 songs ... there have been plenty of better overall albums over the years and because the almighty "illmatic" is "illmatic" no one says anything ...

is it a great album? yes ... but let's not sit here and act like nothing can touch it ... i can think of plenty of albums where if i took them down to 9 songs and 1 intro they'd EASILY be on par ...

Perfect example of just typing just to type.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

real talk though ... ya'll hype illmatic waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much ... it's a good album and all but theres only 9 songs and one of them Nas spits one verse ... if anything AZ makes it great with his contribution ... there's 5 songs on that album that cant be denied/debated ... but that's 5 songs ... there have been plenty of better overall albums over the years and because the almighty "illmatic" is "illmatic" no one says anything ...

is it a great album? yes ... but let's not sit here and act like nothing can touch it ... i can think of plenty of albums where if i took them down to 9 songs and 1 intro they'd EASILY be on par ...
...kids.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom