Travis Scott Thread: ("Utopia" OUT NOW!)

Favorite Song Out Of The 3 Travis Recently Dropped?

• Butterfly Effect

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Green & Purple

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A Man

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Normally I don't like 21 cause his songs are too slow but over a good fast beat he's tolerable

Dude is horrible. ***** makes young thug sound like a musical genius

This isn't true at all. Young Thug is in the Ralo/Rich The Kid/Lil Yachty category where his voice is so terrible he shouldn't even get studio time

I was a little harsh in my first take on this. It's better than Rodeo, IMO, which sucked.

I like the first four tracks quite a bit. Also outside, pick up the phone, the guidance instrumental. So I guess that's like half of Birds. There are some pretty cool vocal tricks and effects on this album, especially the "whoa oh-oh-oh" on way back and some of the other stutters and echoes. Some of the drums are great. A lot of the hooks are in my head. "spend that money faaast if I have to..."

But there's still too many messy/overdone production moments and really almost no lyrics that are actually good or memorable. I realize that rap in 2016 isn't exactly putting a premium on lyrics, but come on, people, we can have better than this... I don't buy at all that Travis is actually a good musician, I think he's a wild dude who sort of knows what he's doing.

Now, I know this doesn't have to be like Beethoven-quality music in a traditional sense. I'm going to play the first 1/3 in the car and vibe out to it, for sure. I just wanted more progression and wanted to see him keep building on Days Before Rodeo. On that project he was actually insightful at times, talking about his childhood with his mother, Mo City, etc. and the musical ideas were so much more clear and defined. Again, Birds is just too shapeless for me & the lyrics do absolutely nothing for me. It's still better than Rodeo & so I guess I'll keep listening.

Yeah I **** with this. This sound is what Kanye be tryna do but Travis is good at it.

TLOP wasn't great but Ultralight Beams, Waves, Real Friends, Parties in LA run circles around anything on Birds

i actually like when kendrick tries to sing on it :lol:

:lol: na he was doin too much with that but he was flowing. Just listened to it again & i can tell some songs might grow on me after awhile. I was busy while listening to the 2nd half so that could be why

Ill give the 2nd half another chance once i find a way to keep Way Back off repeat :lol:

Yeah I **** with this. This sound is what Kanye be tryna do but Travis is good at it.

TLOP wasn't great but Ultralight Beams, Waves, Real Friends, Parties in LA run circles around anything on Birds

That's like 4 songs though. TLOP to me had about 7 good songs the rest was trash. Kanye had the worse part on some of them joints. This Travis project is good from top to bottom.

Last edited:
I think it is a great transition for Travis Scott. I enjoy the fact that the first half of the album sticks true to his street anthem vibes, and then he switches it up to a more Alternative RnB-Trap vibe after the intermission, utilizing prominent RnB artists of today (Tiller & Weeknd) as featured artists. Even having Biebs rapping on a trap song shows that he's deff trying to break the barriers of RnB & trap for not only himself, but other artists as well. 

This album deff shows Travis ability to utilize the influences of other genres in his work. It deff allows for an album that is enjoyable for both women and men alike. its almost as if he's suggesting its okay to be a savage and romantic to your ladies at the same time. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I think it is a great transition for Travis Scott. I enjoy the fact that the first half of the album sticks true to his street anthem vibes, and then he switches it up to a more Alternative RnB-Trap vibe after the intermission, utilizing prominent RnB artists of today (Tiller & Weeknd) as featured artists. Even having Biebs rapping on a trap song shows that he's deff trying to break the barriers of RnB & trap for not only himself, but other artists as well. 

This album deff shows Travis ability to utilize the influences of other genres in his work. It deff allows for an album that is enjoyable for both women and men alike. its almost as if he's suggesting its okay to be a savage and romantic to your ladies at the same time. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
well said, btw Biebs aint on the tape. Thats actually some guy named Nav

well said, btw Biebs aint on the tape. Thats actually some guy named Nav
I didnt know that! just looked it up on Genius. WTF. dude sounding like him lowkey. Thanks for clarifying. 
tongue.gif

I didnt know that! just looked it up on Genius. WTF. dude sounding like him lowkey. Thanks for clarifying. 
tongue.gif
thats what my friend thought to! it makese sense because of the track name. no problem! 

Did you guys here about the 60 items hes relasing on his site, bunch of merch, apparently if you buy the album you get 1 item free

Went for a run and was listening g to the album, closed my eyes for a sec and I was climbing a damn tree. Travis too damn real.

Once I heard what he was singing about, I was like...naw. :lol:. But I don't really know what Beiber sounds like, honestly. And he was on his first album, so it's a reasonable thing to think.

Back
Top Bottom