Tried on the Jordan Elite I yesterday...

First off, I only tried them on for about 10 minutes at Finish Line, so no actual game situation, so take this for what it's worth. The materials aredefinitely different, with a nu-buck lateral side and nylon ballistic mesh on the medial side. The tongue/medial side is a wrap tongue like the adidas GLLightning a couple years back. They have an extremely locked down feel. Forefoot and heel Zoom bags felt bouncy, stiff, and responsive. Low to the ground, likethe Zoom 95 or Kobe 3. Stable forefoot ( I was just turning my ankle sideways simulating a rollover, and there was great resistance). Have no idea of traction,but overall, from first look, a pretty nice shoe. Could be my first Jordan purchase in 3 years.

Thanks for sharing this! I'm very interested in this shoe.

I am kind of into the black/red/stealth versions, but haven't seen them around in the Seattle area yet. How do they (or the white ones) look in person?I've only been able to review picks online, and that is rarely reliable... is suede used, or is it nubuck (on the black version)?

Didn't have the white ones out yet. I was just looking on-line, and they don't have the black ones on the site yet either, so the store probably putthem out early (this one always does). They remind me of a mix of the adidas GDL and the Jordan T4G. They have that wrap tongue and a fit sleeve together. Verynice feel.

Thanks for the input, I'm kinda interested in picking these up to add to my basketball rotation shoes

hmmm.... someone else in another post said that the cushioning wasnt bouncy at all. I guess i gotta find a pair myself.

They look HUGE in-person, in my opinion. The midsole looks a little thick. The quality seems there, though. But it's encouraging that they feel low to theground.

Back
Top Bottom