True fans list.......UPDATE 7/8/2010....let me know if you want to be on the lists

Check the sig
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dr FONClBrICS

I don't get what the issue is with if someone started to root for a team because they were good and have stayed rooting for that team since. I don't consider that to be a bandwagon fan. Most people become fans of a sport when they're young. They are naturally gonna root for teams that their friends and family root for. As long as they stick with that team throughout life, that's not a bandwagon fan. IMO a bandwagon-er is someone who is constantly switching up their teams based on success.
Couldnt disagree more.  People starting to root for a team because they are good is the classic definition of a bandwagon fan.  It doesnt matter if said person has stuck with the team since.  It doesnt negate the fact that at one point, a bandwagon was jumped on.  Whether the bandwagon was jumped on 20 years ago or 20 days ago doesnt matter.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Well at least he has stuck with the same 3 teams, as they have gone through periods of darkness.

GotHolesInMySocks...Hey man, I don't want no e-beef....just bored at work to be honest.

No hard feelings bro?

its cool..........,i just think dland tryin to get under my skin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I don't get what the issue is with if someone started to root for a team because they were good and have stayed rooting for that team since. I don't consider that to be a bandwagon fan. Most people become fans of a sport when they're young. They are naturally gonna root for teams that their friends and family root for. As long as they stick with that team throughout life, that's not a bandwagon fan. IMO a bandwagon-er is someone who is constantly switching up their teams based on success.
Couldnt disagree more.  People starting to root for a team because they are good is the classic definition of a bandwagon fan.  It doesnt matter if said person has stuck with the team since.  It doesnt negate the fact that at one point, a bandwagon was jumped on.  Whether the bandwagon was jumped on 20 years ago or 20 days ago doesnt matter.

ok so u jumpedon the giants and niners bandwagon then....thats safe to say, no???

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by dland24

ok so u jumpedon the giants and niners bandwagon then....thats safe to say, no???
laugh.gif
 You just dont get it do you?  And for the record, no, Im not just trying to get under your skin.

i do get it, all im sayin is from when i was born (83) the niners were the only good team till 91, the year i got into sports

how was i supposed to know the bulls were gonna win 6 titles from 91 on and the yankees win 5 titles from 91 on

example of a bandwagoner would be like alot of laker fans

during the 90s, they were wack (except 91). u couldn't find laker fans anywhere

from 2000 on they started winning and now they all over the place

same thing with what u seeing with the heat. except for like 5 dudes on here, where have u met a heat fan??? they have been popping up here in ny since the summer

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i do get it, all im sayin is from when i was born (83) the niners were the only good team till 91, the year i got into sports

how was i supposed to know the bulls were gonna win 6 titles from 91 on and the yankees win 5 titles from 91 on

example of a bandwagoner would be like alot of laker fans

during the 90s, they were wack (except 91). u couldn't find laker fans anywhere

from 2000 on they started winning and now they all over the place

same thing with what u seeing with the heat. except for like 5 dudes on here, where have u met a heat fan??? they have been popping up here in ny since the summer

This,same for me. How was I supposed to know back in '04 that the Heat were gonna acquire Shaq and win a title 2 years later?

OP if you still update this put me down for the Celtics.

I could put down the other sports as well but have two favorite teams in baseball (Cubs/Mariners) and football (Dolphins/Seahawks), so I'll just put down the Celtics since that's the only sport where I have one favorite team. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by shaqtus92

laugh.gif
 Actually, I was a fan of both teams, the Cavs and the Heat, way before the Decision. I started rooting for the Cavs in 04' and the Heat in 08', so it's not like I just hopped on the bangwagon like that. And for anybody saying you can't have 2 teams in one sport, well, I don't give a $#@! So, yeah
laugh.gif

Lebron gets drafted in 03....ill start cheering for the cavs in 04...

heat win title in 06....ill start cheering for them in 08 so no one suspects any band wagon riding.

roll.gif
 Dude, I started cheering for the Cavs when I was 11 years old, that's when I got into basketball and prior to that, I didn't even have a team. But I'm bandwagoning, right?

And Miami winning the chip in 06' has nothing to do with me being a fan. Hell, Miami had just come off of a 15-67 season.

And I know that feeling you're talking about when your team wins a championship. When the Saints won it, I couldn't stop smiling. Felt like nobody could touch me
laugh.gif
 And since Miami won that championship before I was a fan, I don't even claim that chip. But when we win one in the future, then I'll celebrate  

I'm far from a bandwagon been raised in Dallas but man I never understood why people took so much offensive to the term "bandwagon". Who cares? So you hopped onto a team when they got good. So what? Most of us hop on to a team for one reason or another. Whether its the hometown or because of a player or whatever. Now if you start jumping from team to team? Then I don't really consider you a real fan.

Put me down for H-town havent been following them this season due to like only 3 games being on tv and them gutting their roster, I like many different teams tho, rockets just my favorite.

I want to be on the Bulls list. In the past the fact that I like Kobe Bryant as a player so much had me confused as to who I may have liked more as a team. This postseason I only watched 2 Laker games and I have watched every Bulls game and went to one of them.
So that is cleared up for me. In the past I never actually would openly declare what team I was a fan of but in thinking back I yell at the tv for the Bulls. I never did that with the Lakers.

Originally Posted by primetime21

Originally Posted by youngmoney

roll.gif
roll.gif
at me being under the bulls fan list

anything chicago can s my wiener

30t6p3b.gif

i know what i put...

just shows you how stupid these lists are...im wisconsin sports everything than the bulls...yet i get put on the list

laugh.gif

good job tho detective...

and damn 3k posts in a year...i need to get outside more
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom