True or False: Jay Z has ZERO buzz in the music industry today

What do you guys say?  Is Jay really done?  I know he just had the tour and still is hot with the tabloids, but aside from that, is anybody at all checking for Hov?  This is not a hate post either- I'm a lifetime fanatic, but really think that if he doesn't put out another album, will we really miss much?  I understand the hip hop game is 97% garbage these days, but what can he really do at this point?  Do you think guys like Common/Nas have more longevity now, as they've always stuck to their roots, which will keep them relevant longer? 

Thoughts? 

Ill bite............ His last Album sold 1 million copies a little after he gave the complete album away for free. Dudes are always checking for his features and He's more relevant than Common who just dropped a month ago and Nas (I like both) . Not to mention his MCHG tour sold out in most cities I believe

I wouldn't say he doesn't have buzz in the industry anymore.

But personally, I couldn't care less about new Jay music. It's been that way for a long *** time, too. I feel like I already know what he's gonna say, although he'll probably say it in a new, unique way. He's just generic to me now. Not bad by any means....just boring as hell.

Btw, NOT sticking to your roots leads to longevity these days. That's how Jay has remained relevant all these years.

Honestly dude is trash
He can give a hot 16 here and there
But so can anyone else
If it wasn't for biggie and PAC passing
And dmx drug habit
Dude wouldn't even have flourished the way he did
Dmx had the rap plus movie game on lock
I can honestly say I enjoyed the movies he was in

Honestly dude is trash
He can give a hot 16 here and there
But so can anyone else
If it wasn't for biggie and PAC passing
And dmx drug habit
Dude wouldn't even have flourished the way he did
Dmx had the rap plus movie game on lock
I can honestly say I enjoyed the movies he was in
:rofl:
Didnt he drop a classic while both were alive?

Wasnt he hot when x was hot?

Stop with the hypotheticals

You sound stupid as ****.

I don't even **** with a huge percentage of jay **** post AG, but to say he has no buzz is ******ed.

Just 14 months ago the ***** gave his album away for FREE to s3/s4 users and still went Plat.

Go play somewhere, I'm busy...

Last edited:
What a ridiculous thread. Hov will always he buzzin.

Just killed Jeezy on Seen It All. Killed Ross on Devil is A Lie. Killed Beyonce on Drunk In Love. An dropped one of the illest Verses of the year on a song that was a minute long.

Last edited:
Meh. He's always going to be my favorite rapper, but homie needs to clock out.

He has buzz because of his association nowadays. He's Jay-Z... The head of the Beyonce, Kanye, and Rihanna super friends. He will always have a buzz as long as they are on top.

But with his huge success over the last decade, his substance and flow have taken a hit. He just throws a verse together a this point because he can. The dude has the most unique ability to put words together without much effort, and in this day and age where lyrics aren't really the forefront of a track, he still thrives and eats.

98-2001 Hovi > Current, but thats obvious. But he ain't coming back, and until Beyonce falls off, Jay will forever be on top of the world.

His verse on seen it all was like a breath of fresh air though. So reminiscent of the old days. I'm just glad he still has it in him, when he wants.

Last edited:
Ill bite............ His last Album sold 1 million copies a little after he gave the complete album away for free. Dudes are always checking for his features and He's more relevant than Common who just dropped a month ago and Nas (I like both) . Not to mention his MCHG tour sold out in most cities I believe
True but Jay-z always has been in the spotlight more than both although i prefer both over him myself. And yes Reasonable doubt is a classic album no doubt but it was overlooked like crazy when it came out i remember very vividly. But dude will always be somewhat relevant i mean thats part of why he got with Beyonce i would say, i think its more business than anything for those two. Shes dumb hot and hes married to her so dude will always be hot in some aspect. And ppl gave him this God type level too for some reason but whatever, dude gives a good verse here n there so its cool, but i dont kno nobody who goes crazy for dude anymore, well not for his new stuff. Platinum he did go on the last album but that was because the stores bought them so it counted that way, it wasnt like a million ppl bought it at that time but im sure they have now. Much respect to dude tho

I'm not going to say dude had zero buzz...BUT

If dude never dropped a track again, would the music industry really miss him?

His hardcore fans don't even eagerly anticipate new music from him.

At this point, the name is bigger than the music.
Make any other no name rapper spit the **** he spits and you'll see nobody going to rock with it.

Hes basically mj on the wizards

He can still play the game, but just let it go

Theirs nothing else to prove

In 2014? Yeah. We all know if Jay-Z dropped a solo track/single Twitter would be in a frenzy. Sean has definitely lost his "swagger" though. Last ill verse he had was on "3 Kings" and maybe "Picasso Baby". He's clearly not in love with Hip-Hop anymore, he just knows its one of the many occupations that keep food on the table for his family. Son has some of the lightest bars i've ever heard.

Not zero buzz but he definitely knows how to stay afloat.

He always affiliates himself with the right people and the right wave.

Personally though if I never hear another Jay-Z album again I wouldn't be disappointed. Sucks to say.

When youre worshipped u dont need buzz.

Jay prolly isnt in your topic of convo everyday or on your blog every week constantly giving interviews or tweeting or what not. Hes in a position most artists in any genre would love to be in. He can literally drop an album tomorrow and itll end up goin platinum. So he may not be buzzin as *insert whatever rapper is considered relevant at the moment* but no matter what when he does spit or release material the world stops and pays attention.

Back
Top Bottom