True Passions thread vol. What are YOU doing with your life?

...and what are you doing to attain your dreams? 
I'm 31 years old and am currently doing something I don't love nor hate. Because I grew up in a trailer park, I was always trying to figure out how to make more money...so...in school, my only focus was making money...

I started down the road of becoming an accountant, which quickly changed into a tech role.

I never really spent much time thinking about what I was interested in UNTIL I started making money. As for what interests me...I'm not currently enrolled in any classes nor am on any sort of path to pursue these dreams, yet.

- Geoscience is really fascinating me (namely the science, study and prepardeness of natural disasters)

- Nutrition science is also very interesting (diets and such)

Anyone else now in a position that they feel is leading down the wrong path? Anyone completely change their career paths within the first few years of graduation? Any tips for getting started on the next phase?

Opening my third eye.
Gaining awareness of self, spirit, mind and body.

So much info for one person to learn.

Originally Posted by theekinqq

Opening my third eye.

*gasp* Are you me?

I'm starting to except that this is all chaos. Life is nothing but chaos. The only peace is within yourself.My goal is to find it.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Opening my third eye.

*gasp* Are you me?

I'm starting to except that this is all chaos. Life is nothing but chaos. The only peace is within yourself.My goal is to find it.
Lol, well we are all "one".
I also believe that life is chaos. Down to our atoms and thoughts which are in constant motion. The universe it self is chaos, and we are born from that chaos.

The population is begin controlled by interfering with our ability to pick up information from outside the of our 5 senses. 

We as a species and don't really know who we are and we have very little memory of our spiritual self.

We are bombarded daily with material wants and need everyday to the point most people have social anxiety without knowing it. 

When all you worry about is the latest sneakers, fashion, music, and next party, then you are playing right into the hands of the powers that be.

They want you to preoccupy yourself with useless things.

Most people don't even realize that everything they do is totally useless. 

No one is creating anymore. nothing new is being discovered. 

we have reached a point where we just make things we have better and better, while destroying this planet.

Chaos.

When we learn to do away with material "wants" and needs. then we will be able to find inner peace and truly ponder on who we really are and why these atrocities happen worldwide.

Why is the world so bad?

where is the good?

why do we continue to pray to gods who do nothing?

it is because we as a civilization have everything F****** up. 

From religions, spiritualism, morals, to the things we thing everyday.

We are nowhere near the right path of thinking to make this world a better place.

Reason for that is that the truth has been hidden, destroyed, and altered. 

We believe what we are told to believe and the truth goes under our radar. 

and the mass majority will never even know this took place.

We reached a point of no return a looooong time ago. i believe this year will be a crazy year for conspiracy. a change is and will come.

I believe something will happen at the 2012 Olympics that will completely change the world as we know it.

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Opening my third eye.

*gasp* Are you me?

Lol, well we are all "one".
I also believe that life is chaos. Down to our atoms and thoughts which are in constant motion. The universe it self is chaos, and we are born from that chaos.

The population is begin controlled by interfering with our ability to pick up information from outside the of our 5 senses. 

We as a species and don't really know who we are and we have very little memory of our spiritual self.

We are bombarded daily with material wants and need everyday to the point most people have social anxiety without knowing it. 

When all you worry about is the latest sneakers, fashion, music, and next party, then you are playing right into the hands of the powers that be.

They want you to preoccupy yourself with useless things.

Most people don't even realize that everything they do is totally useless. 

No one is creating anymore. nothing new is being discovered. 

we have reached a point where we just make things we have better and better, while destroying this planet.

Chaos.

When we learn to do away with material "wants" and needs. then we will be able to find inner peace and truly ponder on who we really are and why these atrocities happen worldwide.

Why is the world so bad?

where is the good?

why do we continue to pray to gods who do nothing?

it is because we as a civilization have everything F****** up. 

From religions, spiritualism, morals, to the things we thing everyday.

We are nowhere near the right path of thinking to make this world a better place.

Reason for that is that the truth has been hidden, destroyed, and altered. 

We believe what we are told to believe and the truth goes under our radar. 

and the mass majority will never even know this took place.

We reached a point of no return a looooong time ago. i believe this year will be a crazy year for conspiracy. a change is and will come.

I believe something will happen at the 2012 Olympics that will completely change the world as we know it.

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
pimp.gif

as insignificant as i think we all are it's nice to know that, even though most of what we do doesn't really matter, we can still do [or attempt to do] the things that we want to do.

life is good.

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

Anyone else now in a position that they feel is leading down the wrong path? Anyone completely change their career paths within the first few years of graduation? Any tips for getting started on the next phase?

I'm currently a student in engineering.
Because that's what i wanted to be when i first started college 3 years ago. 

I have grown much since then, and as I've dropped my old habits and addictions (sneakers, music, fashion, being "in") I've gotten more involved in philosophy, religions, spirituality, ancient hidden history, metaphysics, conspiracies, extra-terrestrial life and such..

I consider changing my major daily.

My new intellectual research started of as a hobby and curiosity too see what it is about, but the more i learn and deeper i get involved the harder it is to keep it as a hobby.

My way of thinking has done a complete 180 as i find my self question more and more and making more connections with the thing i see and i realize that there is so much wrong in this world and people dont realize it.

What really keeps me from switching majors is that i hate writing and editing.

Ive always been a math person.

With the more knowledge i gain, the more i feel forced to write it out in order to get everything straight.

Maybe after i get my bachelors in engineering i will pursue this field on a scholarly level.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I am a video journalist and Sports Journalism is my passion and I am pursuing with everything I have and furthering my career every day.

Peep the sig or just checkout my website: www.backpackbroadcasting.com

Checked the site a while ago.  Keep up the good work man. 

-Driving (just cruising around)
-Creating things (like art, designs, websites, companies, plans, etc.)

Basically not being bored. I hate being bored.

Music and science.
I've been playing guitar for 3 years and I enjoy learning new songs, I've been meaning to take up bass for a while.

Science wise, it's always fascinated me which is why I'm going to major in Physics.

I see a few aspiring artists in here. I really need to step up my game this semester.

I see a few aspiring artists in here. I really need to step up my game this semester.

Graphic design and painting. Just got a job making illustrations for my uncle's new website, should be pretty legit and gives me good experience in my field since I'm still a sophomore in college. I'm excited to start
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

I recently read in a book that the opposite of 'happy' is not really 'sad' but 'boredom'...i couldn't agree more. nothing makes me happier than being excited.

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

Originally Posted by scshift

I recently read in a book that the opposite of 'happy' is not really 'sad' but 'boredom'...i couldn't agree more. nothing makes me happier than being excited.

Which book was it? I read about that idea in a book called "The Four Hour Workweek"... good book
pimp.gif

I applied for an Operations Manager position at an HGI and literally 15 minutes later got a call back from the GM!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
And on top of that I already have an interview today in my current hotel for a Convention Services Manager position.

Right now it feels Goodman.
pimp.gif

Traveling and studying abroad to compliment my degree that I will obtain at the end of this years. In hopes, that I get a post grad job that pays extremely well, or that I love at its very core. 

I just decided to aim for a career in IT. I always loved computers but the idea of working with them intimidated me in college so I went the Economics route. Right now I'm studying for an A+ certification so I can become a computer technician. I plan on going back to school this year to get a degree in programming by 2014.

I also want to get into music production and guitar. I got my MPD and Fruity Loops up and running but I haven't spent too much time on it.

This year will pretty much be all about saving, grinding, and getting out my parents house. Finances will be tight but everything will pay off if I just stay on it. I see too many people I know getting complacent or caught up and I just see what I dont want to be...

Back
Top Bottom