True sneaker head

I recently got back into the Jordan shoe game and was curious on how much a true sneaker head spends a month on new kicks? Do most set aside a certain amount of funds each month for kicks? and how do u justify ur purchase if you have a significant other?
Honestly it has now gotten to what connects you have as well .

Alot of people have ways to cop early , obviously they have to pay up for it .

I my self have a proper connect . My older brother works at Niketown and is best friends with the store manager lol.

BIN , Laser , DB ect .  All coped . At a discount lol .

I used to be heavy into buying shoes back in my highschool days , now that im older and have moved on i can careless , and its now that i got this mega hook up lol .

When I mean sneaker game I mean this. Back in the day u could go into any store selling J's and get a pair with minimal effort since they would sit on the shelves hours after the release some times even days after. Now u have to 1) Know someone at a store or online to hook you up, 2) Have a damn fast T1 internet connection speed, 3) The time to actually go and wait for hrs in a line in all kinds of weather hoping they still have ur size or that ur selected in a raffle, or 4) Just pay something crazy over retail from a re-seller to get the shoe. Its turned into a game because even if you want the shoe and have the cash there is a chance u will strike out even after putting in effort now. 

First off, welcome back. Just make sure you prioritize yourself. If you feel that there are a handful of kicks you want in the next month or so save up a bit that's all. But if you're on a budget that's okay too, just make sure you don't cop blindly and make sure you actually want the shoe. Otherwise if you cop something with no money it'll bite you right back my dude! Hope everything works out straight for you.

When I mean sneaker game I mean this. Back in the day u could go into any store selling J's and get a pair with minimal effort since they would sit on the shelves hours after the release some times even days after. Now u have to 1) Know someone at a store or online to hook you up, 2) Have a damn fast T1 internet connection speed, 3) The time to actually go and wait for hrs in a line in all kinds of weather hoping they still have ur size or that ur selected in a raffle, or 4) Just pay something crazy over retail from a re-seller to get the shoe. Its turned into a game because even if you want the shoe and have the cash there is a chance u will strike out even after putting in effort now. 
exactly! its a game now with certain releases especially retro jordans. were competing with other men and women who share the same passion as us. i dont like it but i wont deny the obvious its a game now.

I'm lined up behind 20 empty chairs already. I'm gonna flip these new Lays to the 'beasts on the 'bay.

I'm happy I bought those Twinkies before the whole "Hostess strike". Now I got a box to gorge and a box to store.

("groceryhead" lingo)
tongue.gif
those chips true to taste?

lol you dont need T1 speed to cop pairs online bro . What you need is a computer with a decent processor to handle to traffic . I have basic DSL wich is probobly the crapiest connection known to man lol . And i coped the Fighterjet foams this morning on NDC no problem . ( woulda coped at niketown but they didnt get em )

lol you dont need T1 speed to cop pairs online bro . What you need is a computer with a decent processor to handle to traffic . I have basic DSL wich is probobly the crapiest connection known to man lol . And i coped the Fighterjet foams this morning on NDC no problem . ( woulda coped at niketown but they didnt get em )

You're not serious, right?

It most definitely is a game, don't let these cats fool you. They using cheat codes, staying up late night practicing, studying info., checking up on the competition and all. This is way pass a hobby, just peep how dudes brag, nit pick, and complain just like athletes and gamers. The same dudes who at like it's just shoes are the ones who go extra hard and the extra mile. And regardless of what the opinion of the week is, their are Sneakerheads and guys who purchase based on hype and popularity and the difference is real.

Are you serius?? Processor have nothing to to with online traffic (the only thing a CPU would affect is how fast it opens up your internet Brownser but thats irrelevant anyone wanting to buy online already has over 2-3 brownsers open and ready) . The most important thing when buying an online shoe is You internet speed and luck

Listen the sneaker game or the sneaker culture as you may have it is based on knowledge

i been in this game for a millenia studying relics of sneaker history and philosophys.  what makes me whole is the knowledge i possess about sneakers and the wisdom to know there is unlimited possibilities. Since the concord era began in 2011 the sneaker culture has grown and multiplied to vast new populations and heights of hype which have never been seen before. With the combination of social media, celebrity product placement, and the internet we have seen an epidemic of artificial 'HYPE'. With new breeds of sneakerheads, and the now stronger than ever 'HYPEBEAST' consuming the airwaves and the internets, sneaker culture is being driven into commercial status quos.

No longer will we see the limited quality releases, or premium materials in air jordan. Air Jordan doesnt care for you and is at its highest commerical point in its conception. Mass production will stagnate the market eventually. Everyone and they Mommas will be rocking air jordan retros and the exclusicty will drop. Jordan Brand will live on but its integrity is losing credibility, with me at least.

I can feel the drama but i will finish my collection and retire in the coming years.... then come back like jordan ... lol

Last edited:
Sneakerhead is someone who is addicted to sneakers.

People need to stop making this bigger than it actually is.

We are just a community of people, who buy shoes. That's it. There's no skill involved. No one deserves any real respect. No real accomplishment.

Just gotta have alotta money, be consumer minded and have alotta time on your hands.

The true sneaker heads are all addicted to sneakers. Sneaker addiction is purely psychological and egotistical. Its side effects include broke wallets, accompany by breaking necks. If a healthy cash flow is supplied to support the habit excessive storage space may be necassary as a collection increases. Thus if combined with a stable lifestyle, living coordinates, and knowledge of self, determines the overall stature of any given sneaker head in question.

Now we must increase speculation on the so-called 'resellers' and a hybrid sneakerhead sub-category known as 'hypebeast'.

The 'resellers' are a new trend occupying the sneaker society. They were created from greed, envy, and lust. Their sole purpose existing within the sneaker sub culture is to 'flip jordans'. Once resellers gain knowledge of the current market on air jordan retros online and locally, they are consumed with the thoughts to limit the supply to true sneakerheads unable to cop, and the hybrid sneaker head sub category 'hypebeast'. 

The 'hype beast' is up to further debate on the origins and psychology of those suffering from this mental state of ignorance.  

Sneakerhead is someone who is addicted to sneakers.

People need to stop making this bigger than it actually is.

We are just a community of people, who buy shoes. That's it. There's no skill involved. No one deserves any real respect. No real accomplishment.

Just gotta have alotta money, be consumer minded and have alotta time on your hands.

Ding ding ding !

Lol at the essays up there about what a "sneaker head" is. You can over think it all you want but it comes down to this:

If your passion in life is to give your money to nike for the purpose of receiving props from teens and NT trolls, lol at your life. If you're offended by this then you fall into that category. These people are "sneaker heads" and usually use the word swag often and talk like Lil Mama. They also resemble that swag surfing dude and camp for shoes

Of course there will be some disagreement but IMO this is it.

Last edited:
Lol at the essays up there about what a "sneaker head" is. You can over think it all you want but it comes down to this:

If your passion in life is to give your money to nike for the purpose of receiving props from teens and NT trolls, lol at your life. If you're offended by this then you fall into that category. These people are "sneaker heads" and usually use the word swag often and talk like Lil Mama. They also resemble that swag surfing dude and camp for shoes

Of course there will be some disagreement but IMO this is it.

No sir, I respect your perspective on the subject of a true 'sneaker head' , but your theory is flawed. From a purely scientific standpoint the term sneaker head is used universally for the purpose of defining an individual who has been affected with a psychological conditioning which may have formed from a limitless amount of possibilities and circumstances creating a obsessive demand for air Jordan's retros and a host of other brands most notably nike . They have the consumer market by the balls and will do anything to get your money on release day this is only the beginning

Most sneaker heads are commonly found in rich and prosperous family's such as the wu tang clan and across Beverly hills and across the island of shaolin.
Their exists a sub category of lesser sneaker heads which reflect your theory of these individuals who so far amount to an unknown amount of the total population of confirmed sneaker head cases

No sir, I respect your perspective on the subject of a true 'sneaker head' , but your theory is flawed. From a purely scientific standpoint the term sneaker head is used universally for the purpose of defining an individual who has been affected with a psychological conditioning which may have formed from a limitless amount of possibilities and circumstances creating a obsessive demand for air Jordan's retros and a host of other brands most notably nike . They have the consumer market by the balls and will do anything to get your money on release day this is only the beginning

Most sneaker heads are commonly found in rich and prosperous family's such as the wu tang clan and across Beverly hills and across the island of shaolin.
Their exists a sub category of lesser sneaker heads which reflect your theory of these individuals who so far amount to an unknown amount of the total population of confirmed sneaker head cases
The true sneaker heads are all addicted to sneakers. Sneaker addiction is purely psychological and egotistical. Its side effects include broke wallets, accompany by breaking necks. If a healthy cash flow is supplied to support the habit excessive storage space may be necassary as a collection increases. Thus if combined with a stable lifestyle, living coordinates, and knowledge of self, determines the overall stature of any given sneaker head in question.

Now we must increase speculation on the so-called 'resellers' and a hybrid sneakerhead sub-category known as 'hypebeast'.

The 'resellers' are a new trend occupying the sneaker society. They were created from greed, envy, and lust. Their sole purpose existing within the sneaker sub culture is to 'flip jordans'. Once resellers gain knowledge of the current market on air jordan retros online and locally, they are consumed with the thoughts to limit the supply to true sneakerheads unable to cop, and the hybrid sneaker head sub category 'hypebeast'. 

The 'hype beast' is up to further debate on the origins and psychology of those suffering from this mental state of ignorance.  

Listen the sneaker game or the sneaker culture as you may have it is based on knowledge

i been in this game for a millenia studying relics of sneaker history and philosophys.  what makes me whole is the knowledge i possess about sneakers and the wisdom to know there is unlimited possibilities. Since the concord era began in 2011 the sneaker culture has grown and multiplied to vast new populations and heights of hype which have never been seen before. With the combination of social media, celebrity product placement, and the internet we have seen an epidemic of artificial 'HYPE'. With new breeds of sneakerheads, and the now stronger than ever 'HYPEBEAST' consuming the airwaves and the internets, sneaker culture is being driven into commercial status quos.

No longer will we see the limited quality releases, or premium materials in air jordan. Air Jordan doesnt care for you and is at its highest commerical point in its conception. Mass production will stagnate the market eventually. Everyone and they Mommas will be rocking air jordan retros and the exclusicty will drop. Jordan Brand will live on but its integrity is losing credibility, with me at least.

I can feel the drama but i will finish my collection and retire in the coming years.... then come back like jordan ... lol

Please delete your account.... it's an insult to the real RZA.

You're using words like "Thus", but you fail at grammar and spelling.
laugh.gif

I'm sure you're not serious, but still... if you're gonna do it, do it correctly.

Last edited:
You speak a lot of trash you analog ****** don't get the picture using words like 'thus' and you ****** can't figure my literature

rza

Last edited:
Buy whatever shoes you like and don't buy what you don't like. Don't buy something just because it is popular, and don't not rock something because others dont like it. Don't spend outside of your means, food on the table is more important than J's on your feet. Your sig other needs to understand that shoes are something important to you, and money you will make will go towards them just as she spends her money on things she likes. If you cant compromise the problems go deeper than sneakers.

A true "sneakerhead" would never describe themselves as one, or use that label in general. Anyone who consistently mentions that they are an "sneakerhead" is probably a hypebeast.

But what do I know, I'm just a guy who likes shoes.

Their is a such thing as a Sneakerhead and a Hypebeast! Just like there is a such thing as a real man and a thug and a chump and whatever distinguishing terms that are used to specify a person's validity as it relates to their value in a situation. In the dogworld we refer to people as Dogman or Peddlers. In Greeklife we call people Made or Cat. In the hood we call people Real or Fake. It's just the breaks! If you do stuff characteristic of a negative, counter productive, ill willed, unreal or untrue purpose, then you are that other term, whether you like it or not. 

Damn bruh, narrow down your essays some lol. You use too many extra words that are unnecessary. You start off good, but then you go off on a tangent and you start pandering about something else. Using extra words doesn't make you a good writer, makes you come off as a pompous know-it-all. There's no need for intellectualism up in here, just get to the point and move on. I'm sure The RZA would be real disappointed in you, you should know a thing or two about good writing.

Let me argue your tangent and say that resellers aren't the problem, buyers who buy from them are. I commend the resellers for making money and taking advantage of this buyers market. Here's a philosophy for you: Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the sneakerhead.

Last edited:
I've realized there indeed is a shoe game. Majority of the enthusiast who picked up this hobby recently see it that way. Instead of buying shoes they like whole heartedly, they buy what others like, whats the most buzzed about, just to have the rarest or the more shoes then the next man.

Buy what you like people. Don't feed into gimmicks, or limited production amounts to tell you what's hot.

This. In addition to the fact people not buying their exact size to either trade for their size or just to sell because it's a popular shoe. To that, I say "bye bye sneakers" not worth the headache.

A true "sneakerhead" buys what they want, wears what they want, and doesn't ask for instructions on how to do so.

This isn't a game, it's a hobby fam. The more you look at it as a "game" the more you're going to fall for the hype which makes you even think like this. You shouldn't be asking us how much you should spend a month on shoes. That's your business. Spend within your means. Don't go broke trying to keep up, that's the fastest way to fall for the hype
Couldn't have said it any better. 

Back
Top Bottom