Truthfully Speaking I haven't seen A City This deep in talent since old NY

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

I'm a GA boy so I got mad love for Atown but the problem is we don't make timeless music like we used to anymore. We're definitely a supply chain of club bangers/work out tracks but thats such a limited segment of a listener's life so our music has minimum relevancy. Atlanta has always been a club city but our roots have always been funky conscience music in conjunction with the party life tracks and we've seemed to have lost the former somehow. I suppose it's partly because Atlanta isn't a southern city anymore, but rather a city full of transplants from other regions so I guess we lost our identity along the way.

This man speaks the truth.
Dungeon Family/JD era in ATL > *

L.A. probably has the greatest collection of quality talent right now.

Top Dawg alone is 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

I'm a GA boy so I got mad love for Atown but the problem is we don't make timeless music like we used to anymore. We're definitely a supply chain of club bangers/work out tracks but thats such a limited segment of a listener's life so our music has minimum relevancy. Atlanta has always been a club city but our roots have always been funky conscience music in conjunction with the party life tracks and we've seemed to have lost the former somehow. I suppose it's partly because Atlanta isn't a southern city anymore, but rather a city full of transplants from other regions so I guess we lost our identity along the way.

This man speaks the truth.
Dungeon Family/JD era in ATL > *

L.A. probably has the greatest collection of quality talent right now.

Top Dawg alone is 
eek.gif

i never understood why u guys judge artists based on there success. does the fact that someone is "blowing up" make their actual music sound better? if u wanna talk talent ny still reigns supreme.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Honestly, I think Chicago is gonna be the next to blow... but that's just my opinion. 
NT is fulla of haters though. Future, 2 Chainz, Travis Porter, etc. are all doing really well for themselves outside of NT's small box of music sphere. Seriously, take a look around. I don't know about TDE though. Kendrick is talented but sometimes he has a Silkk the Shocker moment where he tries to put too many bars at once and he gets himself off beat, or maybe that's just his style. Who knows? But Jay Rock and Schoolboy Q both !*%!%@! suck. Stop trying to save them.. 
grin.gif

I'll give you Jay Rock but ScHoolboy Q goes hard.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

lmao @ Future being described as being in a collective of talent.

Its so easy to see NTers that don't get off the computer much....if u been to a club, cookout, a kick back, anything similar in the past year and def the past 6 months you'll kno that future gets the spot popping...a future track gets everybody on their feet, even the bougie girls come outta their shell for a min...only thing close is 2 chains...Good thread OP, its been like that longer than most of us would like to admit too...

Originally Posted by VA757VA

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

lmao @ Future being described as being in a collective of talent.

Its so easy to see NTers that don't get off the computer much....if u been to a club, cookout, a kick back, anything similar in the past year and def the past 6 months you'll kno that future gets the spot popping...a future track gets everybody on their feet, even the bougie girls come outta their shell for a min...only thing close is 2 chains...Good thread OP, its been like that longer than most of us would like to admit too...
Just because they make "poppin music" doesnt make them talented...remember the Ying Yang Twins? 

^^^For real
laugh.gif
Even though youtube/increasing technology can keep the most garbage rappers somewhat exposed and relevant, rappers like
Future & Travis Porter will be finished in 2 years and buried in mixtape hell...unfortunately they'll be replaced by even worse rappers who make them
look like 3K and Goodie Mob by comparison.

Back
Top Bottom