Try Something Different: Who Flipped The Sample Better

A key element to hip-hop is sampling... most of our fav tracks were sampled from older records so why not have a nice discussion about those tracks.

It'd be great if this turned into a weekly thing where two tracks are showcased each week for us to discuss.

For this post however It'll be [Rick Rude] vs [J.U.S.T.I.C.E League]

Original track: Angela Bofill - Gotta Make It Up To You

Sampled on Prodigy's ~ Never Feel My Pain

Sampled on Rick Ross'~ Magnificient

A key element to hip-hop is sampling... most of our fav tracks were sampled from older records so why not have a nice discussion about those tracks.

It'd be great if this turned into a weekly thing where two tracks are showcased each week for us to discuss.

For this post however It'll be [Rick Rude] vs [J.U.S.T.I.C.E League]

Original track: Angela Bofill - Gotta Make It Up To You

Sampled on Prodigy's ~ Never Feel My Pain

Sampled on Rick Ross'~ Magnificient

Rick Rude version has a more hip hop sound to it...But Justice league  version is just too smooth
pimp.gif

Rick Rude version has a more hip hop sound to it...But Justice league  version is just too smooth
pimp.gif

Great idea for a thread. I like the Rick Rude version more, the grimey feel to it gives it that much more flavor.

Great idea for a thread. I like the Rick Rude version more, the grimey feel to it gives it that much more flavor.

No! I have to support intelligent threads on this board... too much lil' B to let this sort of thing drop to the bottom.

I like the Justice League one better... it's smoother. The Mobb Deep one is nice and 90s, but I like JL's flip better.

No! I have to support intelligent threads on this board... too much lil' B to let this sort of thing drop to the bottom.

I like the Justice League one better... it's smoother. The Mobb Deep one is nice and 90s, but I like JL's flip better.

I might be biased because I like Prodigy's song more...but

Never Feel My Pain's beat >> Magnificent's beat...

I love the vocal sound in the chorus, too...

I might be biased because I like Prodigy's song more...but

Never Feel My Pain's beat >> Magnificent's beat...

I love the vocal sound in the chorus, too...

Back
Top Bottom